Shiraz123

World cup thread

It's very cool how much the sport of wrestling can make me love Iran and the people there.  They are so easy to root for.  Great wrestlers, great fans, great wrestling journalists.  I really hope we wrestle in the finals tomorrow, the atmosphere will be fantastic.  

The male population is very passionate about the sport.  The fact they ban women from stadiums would probably be the deal breaker for me. Not the peoples' fault I guess 

lol yeah indeed he is. I don't like him too much personally because he is not neutral sometimes but he is a wrestling encyclopedia

he used to be a wrestling commentator. I remember him from 2000 Olympics and that famous Dabir - Brands semifinal. he was the commentator and got emotional during the match and specially in last 30 seconds he was crying and begging Dabir to resist. (if you remember the match, Dabir had a big lead but he ran out of gas and he was giving up points one by one)

and this is another time when he got emotional, this time somehow in a funny way lol, Yazdani - Geduev final. that will make you laugh if you didn't already hear that lol

http://www.aparat.com/v/Lg53d/%D8%AD%D8%B3%D9%86_%DB%8C%D8%B2%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%86%DB%8C_%D8%A8%D8%A7_%DA%AF%D8%B2%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B4_%D9%81%D9%88%D9%82_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%87_%DA%AF%D8%B2%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B4%DA%AF%D8%B1_%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AF%DB%8C%D9%88.%D8%AF%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%88%D8%B1_%D9%85%D9%86

That is one of the funniest things I have heard!

I think it should have been 2 blue, 1 red, 2 red.  Giving mongolia the 6 6 win on criteria.  

you would be wrong...

the mongolian exposed him but didn't take him down, so, there was no reversal... exposure then a takedown... 2-2 then another exposure for rahimi...

I think it should have been 2 blue, 1 red, 2 red.  Giving mongolia the 6 6 win on criteria.  

you would be wrong... 

the mongolian exposed him but didn't take him down, so, there was no reversal... exposure then a takedown... 2-2 then another exposure for rahimi...

you would be wrong...

I'm pretty sure that if wrestler A exposes wrestler B from par terre (that's what happened in this case.  Both wrestlers were on ground), and then wrestler B ends up on top, wrestler B is given a reversal and 1 point.  And it is scored 2-1.  I believe this match was scored 2-2 because they called both getting exposure.  Then Iran got another 2 point turn. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

I'm pretty sure that if wrestler A exposes wrestler B from par terre (that's what happened in this case.  Both wrestlers were on ground), and then wrestler B ends up on top, wrestler B is given a reversal and 1 point.  And it is scored 2-1.  I believe this match was scored 2-2 because they called both getting exposure.  Then Iran got another 2 point turn. 

the were not in par terre'... no one had established control... there was no takedown... the mongolian exposed then rahimi got the control for the takedown... 2 and 2

Bummer. I was wanting to see what Dake could do over there.

Regarding Russia...it's the World Cup, why didn't they send their best guys?

they never do to the world cup... apparently, it is not considered a very important tournament to them...

the were not in par terre'... no one had established control... there was no takedown... the mongolian exposed then rahimi got the control for the takedown... 2 and 2

I'm pretty sure once you expose the other wrestler you get de facto "control". It's why if you expose and then spin behind you don't get 2 + 2. You just get 2. So after Mongolia exposed, Iran gaining "control" would give them 1 point since it's really a reversal. I'm pretty sure this is one of the nuances that differentiates freestyle from folkstyle (how "control" is determined).

I'm pretty sure once you expose the other wrestler you get de facto "control". It's why if you expose and then spin behind you don't get 2 + 2. You just get 2. So after Mongolia exposed, Iran gaining "control" would give them 1 point since it's really a reversal. I'm pretty sure this is one of the nuances that differentiates freestyle from folkstyle (how "control" is determined).

sorry... you are incorrect... as evidenced by the mongolian winning his challenge and still losing...

there is a difference between exposure and a takedown which is the main reason folk wrestlers make horrible free wrestlers... folk encourages sloppy shots and not worrying about good positioning and finishing cleanly... it doesnt matter if you roll across your back in folk... in free that is exposure just like we saw in that match...

sorry... you are incorrect... as evidenced by the mongolian winning his challenge and still losing...

there is a difference between exposure and a takedown which is the main reason folk wrestlers make horrible free wrestlers... folk encourages sloppy shots and not worrying about good positioning and finishing cleanly... it doesnt matter if you roll across your back in folk... in free that is exposure just like we saw in that match...

I believe Iran won because they gave him exposure. 2 exposure Mongolia, 2 exposure Iran, 2 exposure Iran is how I think it was called. I think it should have been scored: 2 exposure Mongolia, 1 reverse Iran, 2 exposure Iran. You think it was called: 2 exposure Mongolia, 2 takedown Iran, 2 exposure Iran.

You then said that situation should give you a takedown and not a reverse...we disagree on the rule. I'm fairly certain that I'm right, but I have been wrong before.

I believe Iran won because they gave him exposure. 2 exposure Mongolia, 2 exposure Iran, 2 exposure Iran is how I think it was called. I think it should have been scored: 2 exposure Mongolia, 1 reverse Iran, 2 exposure Iran. You think it was called: 2 exposure Mongolia, 2 takedown Iran, 2 exposure Iran.

You then said that situation should give you a takedown and not a reverse...we disagree on the rule. I'm fairly certain that I'm right, but I have been wrong before.

was there any naked coaches after mongolia won their challenge and still lost?

that is because it was scored correctly...

how many times have we seen 4 and 2 after a feet to back exposure results in the exposed wrestler ending up with control and a takedown?

you will never see that scored 4 and 1 because that would be incorrect...

exposure is not a takedown

was there any naked coaches after mongolia won their challenge and still lost?

that is because it was scored correctly...

how many times have we seen 4 and 2 after a feet to back exposure results in the exposed wrestler ending up with control and a takedown?

you will never see that scored 4 and 1 because that would be incorrect...

exposure is not a takedown

aa

Lol LJB using the the naked coach argument. Correctly, since it involves Mongolia

Edited by irani