Shiraz123

World cup thread

He trains with Varner, Cael and Nickal. All big guys. Taylor had an amazing world cup. He should be ranked 3rd or 4th in the world after this. The guys ahead of him, Sad, Yasar and Cox are all big strong guys-215lb guys not cutting in their primes.

The US wrestled pretty well.  That environment is tough, tough, tough.

DT was at the point where I wondered if he'd be DQ'd.

He completely came out after the break and go it rolling in true DT style.

He is tough to stop once he finds a hole because he gets after it to both sides.

He can do it when his opponent is pushing or pulling and has the tank to throw the kitchen sink.

I think that Yaz did a lot to put DT on the brink, but as seen, you have to put him away there if you're going to expend that much energy.

What was the final dual score?

I feel like at least a few guys can reverse the losses, particularly Logan, Frank, and Green.  Logan has to watch that stupid whizzer position. Green, Burroughs, Stieber, and Jordan need to adjust to the way the opponents are starting to wrestle them.  The guys wrestling them start with they're hands in a defensive underhook position looking for those holds. 

didn't get to see any of the finals and all the matches are behind subscription... ugh...

after reading through these comments sounds like Iran wrestled like Iran does... control center... devastating underhooks... amusing to hear the comments mewling about underhooks and pushouts, but, oh well...

fix (and maybe lee) will cure the problem at 57 by 2020... our hope at HWY is not any of the current crop, but, one gable dan stevenson... 

He trains with Varner, Cael and Nickal. All big guys. Taylor had an amazing world cup. He should be ranked 3rd or 4th in the world after this. The guys ahead of him, Sad, Yasar and Cox are all big strong guys-215lb guys not cutting in their primes.

One day maybe he earns some people's respect. 

didn't get to see any of the finals and all the matches are behind subscription... ugh...

after reading through these comments sounds like Iran wrestled like Iran does... control center... devastating underhooks... amusing to hear the comments mewling about underhooks and pushouts, but, oh well...

fix (and maybe lee) will cure the problem at 57 by 2020... our hope at HWY is not any of the current crop, but, one gable dan stevenson... 

I did not pay anything and I saw all of it. Free.

Observations:

Sure wish we could get a 57. I am going to wish upon a star tonight.

Steiber was scouted by the Iranians. Dang he is fun to watch in a heart attack way.

Green got over powered. Still other than the final match he showed why he is a world champion. To bad he is stuck as a tweener.

Burroughs is an entirely different kind of wrestler now. Very technical. Very tactical. Him and Dake should be fun.

Taylor sure did hit a new level. Can he beat J'Den? We'll see. I suspect the J'Den mailing it in, in college will not be the J'Den we'll see later.

Bow wonder was himself in the first two matched but faded. Not sure if he was sick or burnt but he'll be done at 23 if he keeps up this pace.

While I am wishing up a star for a 57 and I will add heavyweight. 

Observations:

Green got over powered. Still other than the final match he showed why he is a world champion. To bad he is stuck as a tweener.

Taylor sure did hit a new level. Can he beat J'Den? We'll see. I suspect the J'Den mailing it in, in college will not be the J'Den we'll see later.

Green was a bronze medalist at the 2015 Worlds. To my knowledge he has never won gold at a World Championship.

When do you think J'Den will wrestle freestyle again. If something has changed concerning his desire to play football next season, I guess there's a possibility he wrestles at WTT. However, if he is still committed to playing football I doubt he will want to cut any weight and if for some odd reason he was the US rep for Worlds the event will be in conflict with football. IMO there are way too many what ifs with Cox to even consider him a relevant fixture in US men's freestyle wrestling this year.

Observations:

Steiber was scouted by the Iranians. Dang he is fun to watch in a heart attack way.

Burroughs is an entirely different kind of wrestler now. Very technical. Very tactical. Him and Dake should be fun.

Bow wonder was himself in the first two matched but faded. Not sure if he was sick or burnt but he'll be done at 23 if he keeps up this pace.

Good observations.  I think USa, OSU, and Snyder have been waiting to see if and when a wall would come.  NOw we know to back off from time to time.  Kyle should probably only wrestle Big Tens and NCAAs this year and make sure he is fresh for Worlds.  I still think when he has a fire lit he is very very hard to beat.  But that pilot light wasn't as lit as usual this weekend.  And the opponents have made some adjustments.  

Stiber was, no question, scouted. No one let their legs anywhere near him.  LOL  He'll adjst. Winning worlds again will be much harder, due to the weight being jsut more stacked this season.  So Logan needs to come up with some new stuff.  

This is NO knock on Taylor guys!! He is fantastic, but he didnt' wrestle anyone that was keyed on his style like Snyder, Green, Burroughs, or Stieber. And Yazdani clearly fell apart and perhaps was even injured. I feel pretty good about the rematch, should there be one. BUt I don't think Yaz will fall apart either. Obviously the Russian tank is the main target anyway though. I am just saying that Yazdani was manhandling David and David wanted no part of him until he fell apart, then he wisely pounced. I am impressed to be sure.

Please stop... the Iranians know every single American and who they are and how they wrestle. The Russian tank also just had one of the worst showing they have ever had at the olympics. Taylor is incredible and always stays in shape as any athlete expecting to be the best does. So quit making excuses for yaz, all he could do was get to his undertook and push and when Taylor adjusted he owned yaz. That's called wrestling and yaz wasn't able to adjust or defend Taylor's attacks.

don't discredit what putting on all that mass on your frame does to your endurance, which, sounds like exactly what happenned... taylor looks like he has adjusted finally and it will take yazdani time to adjust as well...

We'll see how Mega, NaTo and Gilman develop at 57. Terao might be interesting - funk doesn't really work out in FS but he knows how to throw, sweep and trip from all sorts of tie-up situations.

Can Garrett still make the weight cut? He was right there in the mix at Oly trials.

Is McD retired?

Please stop... the Iranians know every single American and who they are and how they wrestle. The Russian tank also just had one of the worst showing they have ever had at the olympics. Taylor is incredible and always stays in shape as any athlete expecting to be the best does. So quit making excuses for yaz, all he could do was get to his undertook and push and when Taylor adjusted he owned yaz. That's called wrestling and yaz wasn't able to adjust or defend Taylor's attacks.

The Russian tank is unbeaten. They?  I am talking about Sabdulaev.  

Observations:

Green isn't a world champion.

Cox won't beat Taylor. He is a one trick pony and won't ever make a world or Olympic team again.

Snyder will wrestle until he is 30 and continue with this pace and be fine

You're right we suck internationally at 57 and heavyweight.

Hopefully lee or fix can keep up their progress and fill the gap at 57 and hopefully Steveson can continue to grow and take the heavyweight spot

Green isn't a world champion.

Cox won't beat Taylor. He is a one trick pony and won't ever make a world or Olympic team again.

Snyder will wrestle until he is 30 and continue with this pace and be fine

You're right we suck internationally at 57 and heavyweight.

Hopefully lee or fix can keep up their progress and fill the gap at 57 and hopefully Steveson can continue to grow and take the heavyweight spot

What about Cox makes him a 1 trick pony?