Shiraz123

World cup thread

Please stop... the Iranians know every single American and who they are and how they wrestle. The Russian tank also just had one of the worst showing they have ever had at the olympics. Taylor is incredible and always stays in shape as any athlete expecting to be the best does. So quit making excuses for yaz, all he could do was get to his undertook and push and when Taylor adjusted he owned yaz. That's called wrestling and yaz wasn't able to adjust or defend Taylor's attacks.

I am just surprised at how Yazdani broke after he manhandled Taylor the first few minutes.   Everyone is taking me to task for making excuses for Yazdani losing, and perhaps I deserve it, but Yazdani won the Olympics and Taylor didn't even make the team.  The guy he got beaten by got the Bronze, but Yazdani won the potentially hardest weight in the tournament.  What was Taylor' excuse for not making the Olympic team and winning it?   You can't peak in sports all eyar and we are seeing that in many of the Olympic champs. Its all about building up for that world tournament.  Perhaps Yazdani isn't as good at this weight, but something was up. Some of that was DT, but he will have to hold these performances.  

Side note: PSU guys you don't own David Taylor.  He is from Montana and wrestled Junior High and High School in Ohio near my home town.  The Junior High districts is in my old high school, less than a mile from my house. It is this sunday and I might fo. I remember going 10 years or so ago and seeing Ben Jordan Bo Jordan and the best of them all: David Taylor.  He was a star in the making. I was reflecting on that watching him last night. So cool and weird how time works.  But I have been watching him so long, that the fan-boy side has worn long off and I am much more like a coach would be than a pure fan.  I am rooting for him hard.  He may well smoke Yaz next time, but yaz really was working him good. Maybe the crowd and all of the excessive pushout focus made him blow his wad. Or maybe its just David's time.  He really did well this weekend. 

Zero guys on the Russian team go by that name. If you mean sadulaev, he has been beaten so either way, you're wrong

The tank lost a match at the senior level when he was 17 0r 18 or younger.  Since then it has been all tank.  You really going to crow around about that and me misspelling a name when you knew exactly who I was talking about?  Fine: you win. 

Edited by Fishhook

I am just surprised at how Yazdani broke after he manhandled Taylor the first few minutes. Everyone is taking me to task for making excuses for Yazdani losing, and perhaps I deserve it, but Yazdani won the Olympics and Taylor didn't even make the team. The guy he got beaten by got the Bronze, but Yazdani won the potentially hardest weight in the tournament. What was Taylor' excuse for not making the Olympic team and winning it? You can't peak in sports all eyar and we are seeing that in many of the Olympic champs. Its all about building up for that world tournament. Perhaps Yazdani isn't as good at this weight, but something was up. Some of that was DT, but he will have to hold these performances.

Side note: PSU guys you don't own David Taylor. He is from Montana and wrestled Junior High and High School in Ohio near my home town. The Junior High districts is in my old high school, less than a mile from my house. It is this sunday and I might fo. I remember going 10 years or so ago and seeing Ben Jordan Bo Jordan and the best of them all: David Taylor. He was a star in the making. I was reflecting on that watching him last night. So cool and weird how time works. But I have been watching him so long, that the fan-boy side has worn long off and I am much more like a coach would be than a pure fan. I am rooting for him hard. He may well smoke Yaz next time, but yaz really was working him good. Maybe the crowd and all of the excessive pushout focus made him blow his wad. Or maybe its just David's time. He really did well this weekend.

I agree about peaking and being at your best for those world events. The weight is hurting him right now and it will be a different match if the wrestle at worlds.

Taylor lost to fake at the trials and never got to wrestle cox, but I get where you're going with that.

Taylor is from Wyoming, which is how he got hooked up with the Cael. He would travel down to Utah to practice with Cael and his brothers.

I am just surprised at how Yazdani broke after he manhandled Taylor the first few minutes.   Everyone is taking me to task for making excuses for Yazdani losing, and perhaps I deserve it, but Yazdani won the Olympics and Taylor didn't even make the team.  The guy he got beaten by got the Bronze, but Yazdani won the potentially hardest weight in the tournament.  What was Taylor' excuse for not making the Olympic team and winning it?   You can't peak in sports all eyar and we are seeing that in many of the Olympic champs. Its all about building up for that world tournament.  Perhaps Yazdani isn't as good at this weight, but something was up. Some of that was DT, but he will have to hold these performances.  

Side note: PSU guys you don't own David Taylor.  He is from Montana and wrestled Junior High and High School in Ohio near my home town.  The Junior High districts is in my old high school, less than a mile from my house. It is this sunday and I might fo. I remember going 10 years or so ago and seeing Ben Jordan Bo Jordan and the best of them all: David Taylor.  He was a star in the making. I was reflecting on that watching him last night. So cool and weird how time works.  But I have been watching him so long, that the fan-boy side has worn long off and I am much more like a coach would be than a pure fan.  I am rooting for him hard.  He may well smoke Yaz next time, but yaz really was working him good. Maybe the crowd and all of the excessive pushout focus made him blow his wad. Or maybe its just David's time.  He really did well this weekend. 

We are just fans. Not sure where this type of comment even comes from. 

Can we not root for Suriano, Hall, Matt Brown, Varner, Wittlake, Nick Lee ....etc. because they too are not originally from PA? Some comments here just slay me. We root for PA guys we are homers, we root for non original PA guys we are thieves. Never gets old. 

He has one loss...Taylor is great, but Sadulaev would be a huge favorite over him. And over Yazdani. And possibly over Snyder. 

Taylor and his 2 Spanish Grand Prix titles will own Sadulaev. White House leaks indicate Trump and Mattis might have to divert Team USA's flight home so Taylor can join in a Secret Ops mission to get that Russian ship out of US waters.

I agree about peaking and being at your best for those world events. The weight is hurting him right now and it will be a different match if the wrestle at worlds.

Taylor lost to fake at the trials and never got to wrestle cox, but I get where you're going with that.

Taylor is from Wyoming, which is how he got hooked up with the Cael. He would travel down to Utah to practice with Cael and his brothers.

Being from Wyoming, he could have gone up the road to Colorado Springs and gone the Snyder route, pre Kyle.  David was amazing very young.  His soph year he beat Stieber by a point or two, albeit Stieber had been only back from football for two weeks and was a grade below.  They were very even then though, and it is amazing they both could wind up being world champions.  Just amazing. But I thought those guys actually had a chance even then.  Stieber was beating world level guys at the senior level by his junio ryear of High School and David was so much similar, though maybe less a freestyle guy back then.  

Thanks for the wisdom.  I think before your comment everyone was expecting it to always be this easy.  Maybe some PSU fans can make sure David comes and reads your comment before he expects it to be that easy next time.

My comment came from this.  It makes it seem that PSU are the only guys that have been in his corner.  Not so.  But I dod understand, as I definitely get a little bit the same way with Snyder and Logan and the Buckeyes.  But David has plenty of other guys cheering for him.  I am one of them.  I am also a fan of Yazdani and am sure it will be different. Or maybe not.  I really like what this does for Taylor's confidence.  I wonder also if Yazdani tries going back down, or just tries to adjust.  I think this being the first world cup of the new Olympic cycle, teams and guys are trying new weights and things.  I wonder what Russia has up it sleeve for sure too. 

The one olympics he went to and medaled at. Not sure how that's confusing

You mean the only one he attempted to qualify for, the one he made the team for, the one he qualified the weight for and then medallled at?  And you want to bury him at 21 years old as a one trick pony?  Interesting.  

My comment came from this.  It makes it seem that PSU are the only guys that have been in his corner.  Not so.  But I dod understand, as I definitely get a little bit the same way with Snyder and Logan and the Buckeyes.  But David has plenty of other guys cheering for him.  I am one of them.  I am also a fan of Yazdani and am sure it will be different. Or maybe not.  I really like what this does for Taylor's confidence.  I wonder also if Yazdani tries going back down, or just tries to adjust.  I think this being the first world cup of the new Olympic cycle, teams and guys are trying new weights and things.  I wonder what Russia has up it sleeve for sure too. 

Sorry my comment didn't acknowledge your personal stake in David Taylor.  But it's good to hear that you are also connected to him by sharing a home state.  That means you can personally share with him that it won't be this easy next time.  

You mean the only one he attempted to qualify for, the one he made the team for, the one he qualified the weight for and then medallled at?  And you want to bury him at 21 years old as a one trick pony?  Interesting.  

Bury him?   People are acting like I am making excuses for Yazdani and you are taking everything a bit too personal.  

Sorry my comment didn't acknowledge your personal stake in David Taylor.  But it's good to hear that you are also connected to him by sharing a home state.  That means you can personally share with him that it won't be this easy next time.  

Dude grow the F up.  

You mean the only one he attempted to qualify for, the one he made the team for, the one he qualified the weight for and then medallled at? And you want to bury him at 21 years old as a one trick pony? Interesting.

Yes. He has stated he will play football next year. If for some odd reason he throws his hat in the ring for WTT does anyone expect him to cut weight? Going 97kg makes sense, but Synder is a bit of a roadblock. If he somehow managed to win a spot on the US world team he would have to deal with conflicting sports schedules. It is mind blowing that a large portion of folks here still consider him a relevant fixture in men's freestyle wrestling.

almost s mind blowing as people not understanding that yazdani is still adjusting to his new mass and was apparently totally controlling his match with taylor until he gassed...

kinda ike taylor had issues adjusting to his new mass for about a year...

either way, sadulaev laughs hysterically at anyone threatening his medal count at 86... and by laugh hysterically i mean a subtle roll of the eyes...

The one olympics he went to and medaled at. Not sure how that's confusing

I think maybe you mean one hit wonder. One trick pony would imply he has only one move. Like many people claimed Burroughs was a one trick pony early in his career with the blast double.

You mean the only one he attempted to qualify for, the one he made the team for, the one he qualified the weight for and then medallled at? And you want to bury him at 21 years old as a one trick pony? Interesting.

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about.

I think maybe you mean one hit wonder. One trick pony would imply he has only one move. Like many people claimed Burroughs was a one trick pony early in his career with the blast double.

You're right... I was hoping nobody would catch that mistake