Shiraz123

World cup thread

Am I crazy to think that the U.S. could win it? Stieber down to 61kg really helps. Also, Ramos and Gwiz have some experience under their belts now. I know that doesn't automatically make you better but it doesn't hurt either. 

I would not be surprised if Ramos goes 0-4. 

Molinaro will be lucky to go 2-2.  I predict 1-3.

Gwiz/Rey also no better than 2-2

I expect 3-1 or 4-0 at 61 and 74.

I expect 2-2 at 70

3-1 or 2-2 at 86.

No worse than 3-1 at 97. Possibly 4-0.

Not expecting to win.  Top 4. 

Well no doubt that our guys are going to have tough matches, but I believe that our guys are looking forward to the challenge. I know that some of our guys will have to face a longer list of tough opponents than others on our team, but I think that if everything has been going to plan, and they've been training hard, I think that our guys will be better condition and sharper, and this should help win some matches that they may have been the underdog in. If you look back at some of the matches our guys have had in this event the last couple of years we can all remember matches were our guys were down and yet powered back for the win. I expect that we shall see some of our guys do the same this time around as well. Although we haven't won this event recently, we haven't been that far out of it either. I expect that our guys will be up for this tournament and should show in their performances.

Now I have complete rosters for all 8 teams, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Mongolia are also bringing almost their A squad, I will post the complete squads later but Azeri squad includes Aliyev, Sharifov and Hasanov. Pretty much everybody except Asgarov. GEO has petriashvili and Marsagashvili

And there will be 4 former world medalists in MGL squad including poor Ganzorig

Edited by wrestfan

Now I have complete rosters for all 8 teams, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Mongolia are also bringing almost their A squad, I will post the complete squads later but Azeri squad includes Aliyev, Sharifov and Hasanov. Pretty much everybody except Asgarov. GEO has petriashvili and Marsagashvili

And there will be 4 former world medalists in MGL squad including poor Ganzorig

I hope Ganzorif goes undefeated

Taylor will give Yazdani all he can handle as well, wouldn't surprise me for Taylor pull the upset.

I'm sure

Jordan Oliver in Iran? Too good to be true.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

If Taylor survives with anything less than a tech, it would surprise me.

He could beat all three on a good day.

Yazdani is unproven and untested in 86 Kg.  But the proclaim that Taylor could beat all three on a good day is a quite a statement!

very much look forward to seeing the results.  Taylor would definitely get a match against Sharipov, Yasar and Yazdani will depend on the results.

Definitely focusing on 86 Kg as the weight to watch in this cup

Kermanshah 9.5 hours ahead of Minneapolis? That half hour is going to make the math difficult in the wee hours Thursday. The country basically invented mathematics and it can't understand the importance of nice round numbers?!?

Maybe if Sharifov is hurt or something Taylor could beat him. He hasn't shown he's that calibre of wrestler, good day or not. 

Also looking at these Iran weights, some of them are really bad. In all of Iran they can't find a better 65kg than Nasiri?