Shiraz123

World cup thread

Sharipov was defending world and Olympic champ in 2013 and bumps up. Dumbest thing I have ever seen especially when the weight goes up almost 5 lbs. He trained with Gaz and had never beat him. was like 0-10 against him. He surely would have won in 2013 and who knows against saduleav. He at least would have made the team instead of sitting out an entire cycle. Now he is 4 years older and now he cuts back down? Could have been an all time great.

Sharipov was defending world and Olympic champ in 2013 and bumps up. Dumbest thing I have ever seen especially when the weight goes up almost 5 lbs. He trained with Gaz and had never beat him. was like 0-10 against him. He surely would have won in 2013 and who knows against saduleav. He at least would have made the team instead of sitting out an entire cycle. Now he is 4 years older and now he cuts back down? Could have been an all time great.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he beat the p!ss out of Reza Yazdani one year at the World Cup?

Also you are wrong on the sitting out thing. He wrestled in Rio at 86kg and took a bronze. Saduleav beat him in the semifinals 8-1.

He did whip alot of guys at 213. Not sure if he ever wrestled Snyder? But could not beat Gaz no matter what. Training partner syndrome I guess. He went a whole freakin cycle trying to dethrone Gaz and was 0-lifetime against him. Now he cuts back to 189.5lbs after Gaz retires.? Why not just stay at 213 if Gaz is gone? Absolutely one of dumbest career moves I have seen in international wrestling. He would have won worlds in 2013 easily and beat Sadleav in 14-16?..not sure there..... but he would have been right there.... at least he would have been on the AZE team winning medals possibly becoming an all time great. 

Edited by PRyan2012

It's not an upset if people aren't bringing their A teams. 

It's frustrating that they don't. You have top nations competing! What better than have your top guys

compete and get better? I don't get the MO of the federations of teams sending their B- teams for example.

Well maybe to season the B team, ok I answered my own question. I'm loved here so no need to respond.

Edited by dave

I see a few of these American wrestling media guys on twitter pretty much openly accusing Hassan Yazdani of doping to get to 86 ahead of world cup. The way they talk you'd think he lookes like Ronnie Coleman or something. Bizarre considering David Taylor made the same jump and has obviously put on more muscle mass than Yazdani yet I don't hear anything about him.

Pretty unprofessional if you ask me. I follow a lot of MMA journalists on twitter and you'd never ever see remarks like this. I couldn't even imagine the serious ones making an accusation like this against a fighter, especially one who's never failed a drug test.

Some examples:

https://twitter.com/WillieAtFLO/status/832016017131986945

https://twitter.com/CPyles8/status/832022582014705666

I see a few of these American wrestling media guys on twitter pretty much openly accusing Hassan Yazdani of doping to get to 86 ahead of world cup. The way they talk you'd think he lookes like Ronnie Coleman or something. Bizarre considering David Taylor made the same jump and has obviously put on more muscle mass than Yazdani yet I don't hear anything about him.

Pretty unprofessional if you ask me. I follow a lot of MMA journalists on twitter and you'd never ever see remarks like this. I couldn't even imagine the serious ones making an accusation like this against a fighter, especially one who's never failed a drug test.

Some examples:

I agree with you

Some examples:

Agreed, but show some respect to David Taylor. His weight gain is due to his 2 consecutive Spanish Grand Prix titles, 123-0 fantasy record against Dake and his disciplined shake weight workout regiment.

Kl12mvBbCI.gif

Edited by Smedley

It is amazing how in life in a single moment you can lose a step. It appears Burroughs has:-( I want to see a another match before it is confirmed. Speed is the first of the 5 major attributes to go and that was his bread and butter. He is still good enough to win Gold but the playing field is even now it appears.

Edited by PRyan2012

I'm with the JB is officially old guys now. He is still a world class wrestler who can win gold, but that was not inspiring.

The Georgian that Burroughs faced is a Tblisi beat cop that studied at the  "Jordan Burroughs' Double Legs Not Bullets" wrestling clinic last Spring. He obviously had intimate first hand knowledge of JB's wrestling tactics.