aknipp

Nebraska tOSU

Coming up on Friday.  

125 Lambert NU by dec.  

133 Nato by dec 

141 McCrystal by dec (will be close)

149 M Jordan by mdec

157 Berger by dec

165 Burcher by dec (could go either way)

174 BoJo by mdec

184 Dudley by dec

197 Studebaker by dec (again close) 

285 Snyder TF (if he wrestles) otherwise dec OSU. 

I have 19-15 or 17-15 tOSU. 

Nebraska / tOSU:

125:  Lambert Mdec.  4-0 Nebraska

133:  Nato Dec.  4-3

141:  McCrystal Dec.  7-3

149:  MiJo MDec. 7-7 TIE

157:  Berger WBF 13-7 Nebraska

165:  Burcher dec. 13-10

174:  BoJo dec. 13-13 TIE

184:  Dudley dec. 16-13 Nebraska

197:  Moore dec. 16-16 TIE

HWT:  Snyder Mdec. 20-16 tOSU

My thoughts:

125 – Lambert tech Rodriguez.  Early season Jose is a toss up, recent Jose gets killed. I hope he can round back into form.

5-0 Nebraska

133 – NaTo over Montoya by decision. I think NaTo can push for a major, but Montoya is tough and I think he can hang on and scramble enough to keep this to a 5-7 point win.

5-3 Nebraska

141 – McCrystal over Pletcher by decision.  I think the strength advantage will be a little too much.  I think Pletcher keeps it close though.

8-3 Nebraska

149 – Micah over Purinton by major.  If Micah can get anything going from top, this could be a tech.

8-7 Nebraska

157 – Berger with the major or tech over Ryan/DeCarlo/Powell.  This weight is a huge hole right now and I’m not sure that changes this year.

13-7 Nebraska

165 – I hate to say it, but give me Arthur over Burcher.  If this were at home I might switch this pick, but I’ll give home mat advantage here.

16-7 Nebraska

174 – If Bo doesn’t wrestle, this might be the dual.  Bo over Barnes by decision or Barnes over Kresevic by major.  I think Bo will go.  Needs to get some mat time every couple weeks.

16-10 Nebraska

184 – Dudley over Martin by decision.  This is absolutely a match Martin can win, but I can’t pick him to beat a top 5 guy until he actually does.

19-10 Nebraska

197 – Moore over Studebaker by decision.  Moore doesn’t seem to be hitting a freshman wall, and I think his pace is too much for Studebaker and he gets the decision.

19-13 Nebraska

285 – Snyder over Jensen by tech.  Snyder will be looking for a pin after he tires Jensen out, but I think Jensen stays off his back.

19-18 Nebraska

This match could easily go either way, as there are tossup matches and then, intricacies within the favorites as well.

125 and 157 are key bonus wins for Nebraska.  I have them getting 5 in each match, but if it’s only 4, then that’s a Buckeye win.

133 and 149 could be more bonus for OSU than I gave them, again potentially swinging the dual.

141 and 165 are toss ups, both of which I have going to Nebraska.

174 changes based on who is the starter.

184 and 197 are swing matches, which I have split.

285 depends on Snyder being available.  I think he’ll be there, but if not, that’s a 9-12 point swing.

Should be a great match.  Can’t wait!

#GoBucks

I think Snyder isn't set to miss anything but NWCA Duals when he will be at World Cup, If that holds up we will see over the next couple days.

I thought I'd read somewhere that the US World Cup team had a flight booked for the 8th or 9th....to get there a week early to train.  Maybe plans have changed since the visa situation is still up in the air.

Coming up on Friday.

125 Lambert NU by dec.

133 Nato by dec

141 McCrystal by dec (will be close)

149 M Jordan by mdec

157 Berger by dec

165 Burcher by dec (could go either way)

174 BoJo by mdec

184 Dudley by dec

197 Studebaker by dec (again close)

285 Snyder TF (if he wrestles) otherwise dec OSU.

I have 19-15 or 17-15 tOSU.

U think the back up for OSU still beats Jensen at HWT? I'd take Jensen in that one. Possibly with bonus points

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

My thoughts:

125 – Lambert tech Rodriguez. Early season Jose is a toss up, recent Jose gets killed. I hope he can round back into form.

5-0 Nebraska

133 – NaTo over Montoya by decision. I think NaTo can push for a major, but Montoya is tough and I think he can hang on and scramble enough to keep this to a 5-7 point win.

5-3 Nebraska

141 – McCrystal over Pletcher by decision. I think the strength advantage will be a little too much. I think Pletcher keeps it close though.

8-3 Nebraska

149 – Micah over Purinton by major. If Micah can get anything going from top, this could be a tech.

8-7 Nebraska

157 – Berger with the major or tech over Ryan/DeCarlo/Powell. This weight is a huge hole right now and I’m not sure that changes this year.

13-7 Nebraska

165 – I hate to say it, but give me Arthur over Burcher. If this were at home I might switch this pick, but I’ll give home mat advantage here.

16-7 Nebraska

174 – If Bo doesn’t wrestle, this might be the dual. Bo over Barnes by decision or Barnes over Kresevic by major. I think Bo will go. Needs to get some mat time every couple weeks.

16-10 Nebraska

184 – Dudley over Martin by decision. This is absolutely a match Martin can win, but I can’t pick him to beat a top 5 guy until he actually does.

19-10 Nebraska

197 – Moore over Studebaker by decision. Moore doesn’t seem to be hitting a freshman wall, and I think his pace is too much for Studebaker and he gets the decision.

19-13 Nebraska

285 – Snyder over Jensen by tech. Snyder will be looking for a pin after he tires Jensen out, but I think Jensen stays off his back.

19-18 Nebraska

This match could easily go either way, as there are tossup matches and then, intricacies within the favorites as well.

125 and 157 are key bonus wins for Nebraska. I have them getting 5 in each match, but if it’s only 4, then that’s a Buckeye win.

133 and 149 could be more bonus for OSU than I gave them, again potentially swinging the dual.

141 and 165 are toss ups, both of which I have going to Nebraska.

174 changes based on who is the starter.

184 and 197 are swing matches, which I have split.

285 depends on Snyder being available. I think he’ll be there, but if not, that’s a 9-12 point swing.

Should be a great match. Can’t wait!

#GoBucks

Are you just assuming Arthur has taken Williams spot at 165?

I think it's a toss up between authur and Williams, read somewhere that spot hasn't been decided yet, any info on who's been the better guy??

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm guessing Williams has the edge in the practice room as he usually gets the nod in duals. But I agree there is not much separation between the two, atleast from what I've seen.

Are you just assuming Arthur has taken Williams spot at 165?

It seems like Arthur was having more success early season and he would get the nod, but Williams has been starting lately.  Still do not think there is much of a difference between them.

Reading between the lines from the Tom Ryan interview after the PSU match, I'm thinking that he "cares little" about duals and dual records since there is no "penalty" for losing duals.  Given this, I'm highly doubtful BoJo goes, and I'm highly doubtful that anyone with a hint of an injury takes the mat.  The only ones that are "stars" that are guaranteed are probably NaTo and Micah. 

NaTo seems to be wrestling with a sense of strength and determination this year that I hadn't "exactly" seen before.  His finishes are super clean and "strong".  Emphatic even.  If he gets a leg, there's a pretty good chance he's gonna deadlift you and then plant you.  Whether he rides or not could be an issue, but he can get out from under seemingly anyone.

No Snyder, no Bo and the Cornhuskers win in a blowout.

e/-

Have the two mentioned above and tOSU wins.

Considering Tom Ryan believes these duals  mean nothing....surprised  Bo competed.

Edited by stp