Sign in to follow this  
aknipp

Nebraska tOSU

Big 10's at 184 will be interesting. Everyone is thinking Nickel will win it, including me. But there are alot of studs. It wouldn't surprise me if a 5,6,7 place finisher in the B1G would be wrestling Saturday night in STL.

Yeah last season...

Martin negates Jackson's speed.

Jackson lost 4/3 at Nationals to Nikal.

He's no slouch, but neither is Martin.

It will play out at Bigs and NCAAs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Myles Martin has spent the season trying to figure out how to compete at the larger weight.  He wrestled very well against Nickal in the loss (that's how good Nickal is) and his effort last night was stellar.  He's coming around at the right time.

Bucks put forth their best dual effort of the season in Lincoln last night.  They're not going to win NCAA's with this team but second or third is a real possibility if BoJo can remain healthy.  

Myles Martin has spent the season trying to figure out how to compete at the larger weight. He wrestled very well against Nickal in the loss (that's how good Nickal is) and his effort last night was stellar. He's coming around at the right time.

Bucks put forth their best dual effort of the season in Lincoln last night. They're not going to win NCAA's with this team but second or third is a real possibility if BoJo can remain healthy.

They can absolutely win it at their best.

3 champs ( Snyder, Nato, Bo)

3 guys very likely AAs, potentially top 3 (MM, Micah, Moore)

1 borderline AA (Pletcher)

Jose at his best could score a few points, but that doesn't look likely, especially with 3 day weight in.

3 champs and 6 AAs is hard to beat, especially with Snyder bounding people, and Moore, Nato and Micah bonusing a few.

It could come down to Pletcher scoring 1 or 2 upsets and getting 8 team points by sneaking on the podium.

This all hinges on if Bo isn't injured. He looked good last night, but not against an AA threat (although he is a likely qualifier).

For comparison, PSU has 7 likely AAs with 2 likely champs and 2 likely finalists. They are absolutely the favorite, but if Hall doesn't AA, Suriano isn't a finalist, Cenzo doesn't place top 4, etc there is room for tOSU.

I expect Ohio State to take 2nd, but could win it all.

Oklahoma state has 1 champ, 6 AAs and maybe 3 total finalists. They have to have a solid performance across almost the entire lineup to have any shot at a title.

4-2 NaTo, great match.  Fans booing NaTo for no reason at all, but OK.  Montoya looked really tough on his feet...

NaTo has been very good this year, and looks to be the favorite at 133.  This said, keeping it close in the 3rd is very dangerous for anyone not named Heil, and even he may rue this at some point. 

Myles Martin has spent the season trying to figure out how to compete at the larger weight.  He wrestled very well against Nickal in the loss (that's how good Nickal is) and his effort last night was stellar.  He's coming around at the right time.

Bucks put forth their best dual effort of the season in Lincoln last night.  They're not going to win NCAA's with this team but second or third is a real possibility if BoJo can remain healthy.  

I agree that Martin looked pretty good against Nickal.  I could definitely see Top 4 for Martin this year.  He won't win Dean and I doubt Nickal, but wouldn't be surprised with a win against anyone else.  If he gets hot with a good draw like last season, then he will finish very well. 

Kid is a gamer.  Wonder if he or Redd will have the better college career. 

Not sure, but was very impressed with Redd at the Midlands.  He looked small at 141 and had Kolodzik dead to rights but gave up a TD pretty much at the buzzer.  Future looks bright for both...