Sign in to follow this  
NJwrestlingguy

Tonight. Rescheduled Rutgers @ Ohio State..7pm Big 10 Network

Here's how I have it, assuming all those listed actually wrestled (ahem... BoJo...).  All lineups sourced from Wrestlestat, which may or may not be the actual lineup:

125:  JRod dec. Paetzell:  3-0 tOSU

- Maybe I'm being optimistic.  JRod hasn't won in a long time.  He looks horrible.  I'm sure he feels horrible.  I dunno what to say.  JRod in a "squeaker", but I could easily see Rutgers pulling this one out too.

133:  NaTo MDec. DelVecchio:  7-0 tOSU

- Although its "only" a Major, the match will "feel" like a complete butt-whoopin' put on by NaTo.

141:  Ashnault dec. Pletcher:  7-3 tOSU

- Pletcher puts up a good fight, but Ashnault wins in a very controlled match.  Ashnault is capable of pulling out a title come NCAA's (yes, defeating Mr. Consistent Dean Heil).  Not saying he will, but he is capable.  So... Give 'em what-for Luke!

149:  MiJo dec. Thoebald:  10-3 tOSU

- Micah is now recovering and is "butt-hurt" from being teched for the first time since, oh... probably 5th grade.  I think he recovers for a win, but it won't be a "pretty" win. 

157:  Van Brill dec. Ryan:  10-6 tOSU

- I'm not sure Ryan, or anyone else tOSU puts up at 157, will win a match the remainder of the season. 

165:  Burcher dec. Pafumi:  13-6 tOSU

- Burcher will squeak one out here, and feel good about himself, after running a mini-gauntlet the past few weeks.

174:  BoJo Mdec. Pagano:  17-6 tOSU

- IF IF IF BoJo wrestles, he wins handily.  If not... then... blarg.

184:  Martin dec. Gravina:  20-6 tOSU

- This match is gonna be much closer than tOSU fans want it to be.  Martin with just the decision.

197:  Moore Mdec. Correnti:  24-6 tOSU

- Moore might be one of the most fun to watch on the Buckeye Squad (next to Snyder and NaTo).  I am thoroughly enjoying his relentless attack.  Does he get out of position once in a while?  Sure... does he come back and act like nothing every happened and then take you down again and again?  Yup on that too...

HWT:  Snyder TF :  29-6 tOSU

- This is one of those matches that, if Snyder wrestles, folks may be calling for the mercy rule.  To me, drilling with Tervel and skipping the match would do Snyder "more good" than wrestling in this match.  I hope he does, for the sheer spectacle, but... if he doesn't, no biggies. 

So... I pretty much agree with wrestlestat.  Sorry for the unoriginality, but I think that website is onto something!

Ohio State   Rutgers   Wt. Class Wrestler Record Wrestler Record

125 lbs. #18 Jose Rodriguez 11-6 Brandon Paetzell 12-6

133 lbs. #1 Nathan Tomasello 12-0 Scott DelVecchio 15-9

141 lbs. #15 Luke Pletcher 21-3 #6 Anthony Ashnault 20-3

149 lbs. #5 Micah Jordan 21-2 #14 Ken Theobold 16-5       OR Anthony Giraldo 15-6

157 lbs. Anthony DeCarlo 2-7 #18 John Van Brill 18-8

165 lbs. Cody Burcher 14-9 Willie Scott 12-8       OR Anthony Pafumi 9-10       OR Dylan Painton 9-7

174 lbs. Justin Kresevic 8-4 Phillip Bakuckas 11-6

184 lbs. #10 Myles Martin 20-5 #13 Nicholas Gravina 16-5

197 lbs. #4 Kollin Moore 21-2 Matthew Correnti 12-8

HWT #1 Kyle Snyder 7-0 Razohnn Gross 9-7       OR Ralph Normandia 4-2

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

Yeah but there should be more people there regardless. How often do you get to see a world/Olympic champion in person?

And then what? Most of the people in Central Ohio that know or care that a World/Olympic Champion wrestles for tOSU have already "seen/star gazed KS. Besides its 50/50 Ryan sends him out.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Great time to be a Rutgers Wrestling fan...Before Goodale we were one of the worst programs in America..Now we lead the #4 team in USA at halftime. RU will be top 3 in Attendance.. Sure its going down hill from here tonight but Rutgers future is so Bright!

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

While I know Jake ryan and bo jordan are out, Ohio state just doesn't seem like a team that wants to win

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Possible letdown after PSU & 15,000+ in the house 

Yeah but there should be more people there regardless.  How often do you get to see a world/Olympic champion in person?

Majority of the time tOSU wrestling competes.    It was on a Monday and live on TV.  

Great time to be a Rutgers Wrestling fan...Before Goodale we were one of the worst programs in America..Now we lead the #4 team in USA at halftime. RU will be top 3 in Attendance.. Sure its going down hill from here tonight but Rutgers future is so Bright!

Definitely, and they should be even better next year with most of the starters returning, Richie Lewis coming back and some of their younger wrestlers with a year of experience under their belt.  Would be awesome if Van Brill could bulk up and go 165 next year he is fun to watch. The RAC's turned into a really fun environment to watch a wrestling meet at and will hopefully keep some of the top recruits in state.

Edited by Juanma25

The Rutgers hvy had terrific hips.  I'll bet if he trained with Snyder for a month, he'd be top five in the country.  Rutgers true frosh 197 has a lot of potential.  

yeah, I thought Gross moved really well and looks to have a very good upside for being off the mat for 2+ years

Snyder is something else