Sign in to follow this  
leshismore

Is Quin Murphy still wrestling at Indiana?

Brew, do you know who all has left?

Murphy is a top prospect who was showing promise, any idea where he will end up? According to an article I read over the summer he was on a full. That is a tough hit for Indiana.

I thought that may be the case. It is not very surprising after he got into a fight with a woman before the NY State finals last year where he was threatening her and throwing fists.

After he won his forth title almost the entire crowd boo'ed for several minutes. Not really a classy way to win 4 titles.

Many people felt he would not have the maturity to last in college.

He is very talented. I hope his behavior changes and he can get back into action.

easy to dump on Goldman, who is incompetent, but anyone who knows Murphy saw this coming. Great wrestler, horrible citizen. A laundry list of behavior issues in high school that everyone in the country knows about.

OMG... this is hard to say... but I actually agree with Gillermo on this one. The "Great wrestler, horrible citizen" is a tad intense... but, actually rather spot on.

Many people felt he would not have the maturity to last in college.

And i can say Indiana's mentality for that issue with its wrestlers was find it or move on. I don't see that staff being the best fit for molding young men who have some serious problems in that area. Maybe this will help him figure it out and we can see him find a small school program with a coach that can help him figure life out.