Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

Rutgers HWT Razohn Gross

The Rutgers site shows nothing about him since he graduated HS. He is a 2x NJ state champ and then has a gaping hole in his bio until this, his junior, year. 

Did he not wrestle his first two years in college? Did he transfer from somewhere, and if so, why isn't that experience listed in his bio?

I thought he looked quite good considering who he was wrestling (until Snyder broke his spirit), especially since he seemingly came out of nowhere. He has a good combination of size and quickness.

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/ex-rutgers-university-football-player-razohnn-gross-given-second-chance-as-wrestler-1.12973477

Razohnn has made some quick progress, he didn't look very good a couple months ago. Johnny Leonardis is a great upper weight coach for The State University of New Jersey.

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

I am continually impressed with Goodale and the program he is creating at Rutgers. Seems like a great guy and in his interviews he seems genuine and sincere without canned answers.

I am yet to hear anyone say a bad word about the guy.  I was skeptical when they initially made the hire, but he was the right guy at the right time.  I like that he's supplemented the staff with quality coaches,

and he's starting to land really good local kids as well.

I am yet to hear anyone say a bad word about the guy. I was skeptical when they initially made the hire, but he was the right guy at the right time. I like that he's supplemented the staff with quality coaches,

and he's starting to land really good local kids as well.

Rutgers is in track to become a top 5 program. The new AD is on board to see the Scarlet Knights become a contender for a National Championship. .

Future looks great but after watching Division 1 wrestling for so long there are NO guarantees. Goodale has the Program ready to explode. They are FINALLY FULLY FUNDED  after spending his early years with 4 scholarships and on probation. He has built one of the best fan bases in America that continues to grow. They just received a verbal from their 1st Blair Elite wrestler (Robinson) and this can start a Pipeline Finally. Buxton had no thoughts of ever sending his guys there. I think Goodale/Leonardis ( Blair Grad) might have crossed that bridge.

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

Back to Gross, does he have a redshirt year left? He could be lethal his senior year with the weight cleared out and one more year of training under his belt. He moves extremely well for a guy his size who did zero wrestling for two years after HS and just got back on the mats months ago.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Back to Gross, does he have a redshirt year left? He could be lethal his senior year with the weight cleared out and one more year of training under his belt. He moves extremely well for a guy his size who did zero wrestling for two years after HS and just got back on the mats months ago.

Agree.  He showed a lot of ability against Snyder.  Great hips and a solid motor.  Could be very good.  I said somewhere else that if he could train for a month with Snyder, Gross would be an AA.

"This is my second chance. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it. You have to be on a straight line. I knew that coming in any place I went. I'm just so happy now that I have the opportunity to come do what I do and compete at a sport that I missed for a long time."

"Decision-making, I've learned you have to be wiser.  It makes me a better person. Second chances don't come along all the time, but I'm very fortunate. I thank God every day that I have this opportunity."

Sounds like Gross learned a lesson from whatever went down and is genuinely appreciative of getting a second chance.  Hopefully, he'll keep that attitude and his story will have a successful ending.

Edited by HurricaneWrestling

No redshirt available, next season will be his last.