Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Who will have the highest scoring weight classes in a row at NCAAs?

All guys have to AA to be included.

At first I assumed PSU would dominate, but tOSU and VT has an insane upper weight class lineup.

Penn State
Rutherford - 25
Nolf - 25
Cenzo - 10

Hall - 10
Nickal - 17

87 points (holy **** - the only questionable one here is Hall I guess? Or Cenzo if he isn't 100%?)

tOSU
Bo Jordan - 20
Martin - 10
Moore - 15
Snyder - 25

70 points

VT
Epperly - 15
ZZ - 10
Haught - 15
Walz - 15

55 points

Missouri
Eierman - 7
Mayes - 10
Lavallee - 10
Lewis - 15

42 points

Iowa
Have 3 sets of two guys that are likely AAs when they only one weight break between each. If a guy like Carton or Gunther AAs, they could have 5 guys AAing in a row.

Oklahoma State - could be the winner, but has a lot of borderline AAs. One of those losing and they might not be top 5 in this contest.

Brock - 15
Heil - 20
Collica - 13
Smith -7
Rogers - 10
Krutchmer- 7
Boyd - 8
Weigel - 7

Edited by Housebuye

The Penn State model is operating under the assumption that both Guilibon and Cutch do not score (unlikely but possible), Zain and Nolf only score 25 each (quite unlikely imo), and Hall and Cenzo only score 10 each (definitely unlikely). I think that score can easily be quite a bit higher.

Dudes just fall out of the sky for Penn State.  Is this Rutherford guy coming out of redshirt to displace Zain Retherford?  Where did they find him? :)

Pretty sure you are confused. 

Rutherford is the guy who looked vulnerable against Jordan and Sorenson recently. 

Retherford is on a 50+ match win streak and always bonuses. 

The Penn State model is operating under the assumption that both Guilibon and Cutch do not score (unlikely but possible), Zain and Nolf only score 25 each (quite unlikely imo), and Hall and Cenzo only score 10 each (definitely unlikely). I think that score can easily be quite a bit higher.

I do not think Gullibon or Cutch AA. They both will probably score a few points, but I'm only counting AAs. 

Zain and Nolf could score a few more points than 25, but I believe they both were around 26 last year? I could be wrong. 

Cenzo is an underdog to the top 3 guys and is at best even odds with Lewis. He also could lose to Valencia and Rogers. He seems to have a minor injury and his cardio is a problem, so I think 10 points is about right. 

Hall could score 25 points or 4 points. We will know more after Big10s. I love the guy, but he has a recent loss to Brooks and so I'm not just relying on an early season loss to say 10 is a reasonable amount. While he did beat Preisch, I'm sure you would agree that a rematch is 50/50. Bo, Zahid and Epperly are all favorites against him. I want to see Hall vs Realbuto as well, although I think Hall takes it. 

I do not think Gullibon or Cutch AA. They both will probably score a few points, but I'm only counting AAs. 

Zain and Nolf could score a few more points than 25, but I believe they both were around 26 last year? I could be wrong. 

Cenzo is an underdog to the top 3 guys and is at best even odds with Lewis. He also could lose to Valencia and Rogers. He seems to have a minor injury and his cardio is a problem, so I think 10 points is about right. 

Hall could score 25 points or 4 points. We will know more after Big10s. I love the guy, but he has a recent loss to Brooks and so I'm not just relying on an early season loss to say 10 is a reasonable amount. While he did beat Preisch, I'm sure you would agree that a rematch is 50/50. Bo, Zahid and Epperly are all favorites against him. I want to see Hall vs Realbuto as well, although I think Hall takes it. 

I've seen this a few times but when did Hall wrestle Brooks??

Cutch does have a good chance to a lower AA place in a top heavy weight class. Guilibon - at least round of 12 (good tourney wrestler).  The tourney is about bonus points.

Cutch does have a good chance to a lower AA place in a top heavy weight class. Guilibon - at least round of 12 (good tourney wrestler).  The tourney is about bonus points.

Did you say Gullibon is a good tournament wrestler?!

Cutch could AA. I like him a lot, especially because he is up in weight his senior year and not complaining about it. 

However, he doesn't have a ranked win (off the top of my head...)

Which AA contenders will he beat?

J'den?

Pfarr? (lost)

Haught?

Moore? (lost)

Smith? 

Studebaker? (lost)

Rotert? (injured, so maybe)

Weigel (wrestling next week I hope)

He needs a significant upset to place and he is wrestling up a weight. He also has never AA'd before and is 2-4 lifetime at NCAAs.

I hope he breaks through this year, but it doesn't seem all that likely.

Cutch could AA. I like him a lot, especially because he is up in weight his senior year and not complaining about it. 

J'den?

Pfarr? (lost)

Haught?

Moore? (lost)

Smith? 

Studebaker? (lost)

He needs a significant upset to place and he is wrestling up a weight. He also has never AA'd before and is 2-4 lifetime at NCAAs.

McCutcheon  is a Junior, not a Senior.

J'den?

Pfarr? (lost)

Haught?

Moore? (lost)

Smith? 

Studebaker? (lost)

Housebuye, I'll agree he's not a lock but it's not like you've listed 16-20 guys he will have trouble with. I think he's a pretty solid bet for rd of 12....which of course is real close to placing. One upset, a bracket buster by someone else opening things up, never know. 

Alot of people said James English wouldn't AA for penn state on his very last year of wrestling eligibility. 2 major injuries and finally AA'd. If there's a coach that knows how to get underdogs to rise up when the time counts and pull off unexpected wins, it's Cael and I think he will have McCutcheon ready to go. As long as he qualifies.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk