Sign in to follow this  
tightwaist

Penn State v. Illinois

Imar very difficult to take down and can win the close matches.

Example, Cenzo took a nice shot, got deep on a leg and IMar exploded in a scramble to nearly get the takedown himself. He is just so quick and powerful. A joy to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very impressive.  Hall may round into championship form by the NCAAs.

I agree, I think some people underestimate the mindset when you are redshirting and then when the redshirt gets pulled. Of course Hall was training hard as a redshirt, but when you are actually in the lineup your mental game really picks up. By the time St. Louis rolls around I think we see him in the finals.

I agree, I think some people underestimate the mindset when you are redshirting and then when the redshirt gets pulled. Of course Hall was training hard as a redshirt, but when you are actually in the lineup your mental game really picks up. By the time St. Louis rolls around I think we see him in the finals.

When there was discussions about pulling his shirt, some had a wait and see approach up until the post season. I was in the camp that it needed to come off sooner to let him face regular BigTen competition. No matter how good you are, you need time to transition to facing quality starters on a regular basis and I think we are now seeing the benefits of this with Hall.   

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Hall did look great, though it was pretty even early on.  Think Hall was up 2-1 after one and that was after the refs used video review to take away a Brunson TD.  Then Hall got on top and Brunson just completely died.  Of course Hall is responsible for a lot of it and that is Brunson's MO - looking great early, fading last and lose or clinging to a lead. 

Retherford was the most punishing rider when all he had was the figure four on the body. This year he has come back with several more ways of brutalizing the bottom wrestler. If you asked his opponents if he was the most punishing top wrestler ever they would probably respond that they hope to never meet anyone more punishing than Retherford.

Lol. Who counts? Does his pin of Priesch count?

I'm specifically talking about his top game. I don't think he can turn the top guys.

Hall is amazing. Arguably the best guy on his feet in the weight class. He will likely win multiple NCAA titles. It is ok to doubt his top game as a true freshman

I'm specifically talking about his top game. I don't think he can turn the top guys.

Hall is amazing. Arguably the best guy on his feet in the weight class. He will likely win multiple NCAA titles. It is ok to doubt his top game as a true freshman

I guess my question are who are you considering "top guys".

Well, Brunson was a Big 10 runner up last year and Hall turned him at will. Valencia has decisioned Brunson twice (8-3, 7-2). Hall just beat him 17-1. He may not turn Jordan or Epperly, but he doesn't need to. Just needs a couple of takedowns. But, if he can transition that TD into a quick tilt, then game over. He has clearly focused on developing his top game and it shows.

Well, Brunson was a Big 10 runner up last year and Hall turned him at will. Valencia has decisioned Brunson twice (8-3, 7-2). Hall just beat him 17-1. He may not turn Jordan or Epperly, but he doesn't need to. Just needs a couple of takedowns. But, if he can transition that TD into a quick tilt, then game over. He has clearly focused on developing his top game and it shows.

Totally agree that Mark is a threat for the title. If he wins, it will be because his neutral game is so strong.