Sign in to follow this  
Bearcat

Evans

After watching Evans wrestle against Hefflin and Brown I must admit he is one tough dude who imposes his will on people and finds a way to win. On the other side, not a knock on him, I just don't think he's as talented as those guys. He stays in good position, hes in great shape and hes tough as nails but he doesn't do anything that blows me away when I watch him. I see it going the other way come NCAA time. Thoughts?

lol i actually like Evans, i think he's one of the toughest dudes in wrestling right now and wrestles with a lot of heart, and because of that I think he's beating guys who I believe are "better" then him. The guys at 165 are alright :D

lol i actually like Evans, i think he's one of the toughest dudes in wrestling right now and wrestles with a lot of heart, and because of that I think he's beating guys who I believe are "better" then him. The guys at 165 are alright :D

What about last nights match showed Matt Brown to be better? Evans got the only TD in the match. Evans was also in deep on his own shot in the first period. Brown got a reversal in the second period and held Evans down for, what, 7 seconds?

After watching Evans wrestle against Hefflin and Brown I must admit he is one tough dude who imposes his will on people and finds a way to win. On the other side, not a knock on him, I just don't think he's as talented as those guys. He stays in good position, hes in great shape and hes tough as nails but he doesn't do anything that blows me away when I watch him. I see it going the other way come NCAA time. Thoughts?

I pretty much agree with this post, but I'm not so sure Brown beats him the next time.

Brown disappoints in the big matches. Makes me wonder if he will even AA at this point.
I think he was over-hyped. Certainly a tough match-up for anyone at the weight, but seems to lack real takedowns when guys don't break against him. I too this he may have a hard time getting on the podium.

I would tend to agree with most of this, but he is certainly capable of beating anyone in the field. In his last 7 matches, 5 of those were against then #2 Heflin, #1 Perry, #11 Yates, #2 Storley and #4 Brown. He won 3 of those and lost by a point to the two best of that group. on the road both times.

That's a pretty fair resume considering he started the year at 165.