Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Iowa to VTech?

You guys call it ducking.  What it actually is is Brands refusing to acknowledge them going all the way back to them not granting his recruits that left with him releases.  I can guarantee he isn't afraid of them.  He just refused to have any interaction with them.  Big difference.

You keep saying that and no one is biting. Try some new material

He just wants to keep it simple.

I think MSU is right about the distinction but, it will be covered as ducking because the AD is different and he is holding a grudge against the wrong people.

You guys call it ducking.  What it actually is is Brands refusing to acknowledge them going all the way back to them not granting his recruits that left with him releases.  I can guarantee he isn't afraid of them.  He just refused to have any interaction with them.  Big difference.

Despite the fact that they wrestled a few times at Midlands, and even wrestled in a dual at National Duals in Ames back in 2012?

I agree I do not think that it is ducking...But for the good of the sport Brands need to drop it and move on..

I do think he is ducking. If brands was so pricipaled, he'd honor the agreement that the coaches outlined for the duals. Until he publicly states his reasoning for not accepting the VT match, we can only speculate his reasoning. I suspect, but can't say with certainty, that a loss to VT would be his demise as a Iowa coach and he doesn't want to risk it. I'm a VT fan and think they would beat us this year.

You can guarantee?   Really?

Wrong Hawk....the analogy speaks to commitment. Obviously for you Iowa folks, commitment only matters when it matters to you. The National Duals concept is not flawed. It's an event that could bring in more fans. Outside of a few schools, (PSU, Iowa, Okie State-and a few more) no one watches wrestling. Yesterday the B1G 10 channel televised Illinois-Indiana. Maybe 95 people were there (at least that's what it would look like from my TV.). The crowd that attends the Nationals is getting older. We need new and younger fans. Brands acts tough but when he has the chance to walk the walk, he hides behind the notion that VTech hurt his feelings.

Yupp, glad those warriors that died for our freedom knew that commitment wasn't optional!

Even more moronic.   First, you assume Brands broke a commitment.  We don't know what he refused, plus there is no commitment from any coach to play anybody in the National Duals.  They can back out or make other choices.  Second, you sound asinine when comparing saving western civilization through soldiers, to a mere wrestling coach potentially choosing to wrestle another team.  

MSU158 = a

a = 1

b = MSU158

a = b

a2 = MSU1582

MSU1582 - MSU1582 = 0

(a-b)(MSU1582+b) = 0

(a-b)(a+b)/(a-b) = 0/(MSU1582-b)

1(a+b) = 0

(a+MSU1582) = 0

1 + 1 = MSU1582

2 = 0

MSU158 = Wrong

Actually Hurricane, you've messed up your algebra. On line 8, you are attempting to divide by zero, which of course is against the rules.

Mr. hurricane,

What you've just typed is one of the most insanely idiotic posts I have ever read. At no point in you rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iowa has wrestled Penn State, Oklahoma State, and Minnesota. They will see Penn State, Minnesota, and a few other top teams at the Big 10 championships. And, of course, they will see every team at Nationals. Why isn't this enough?

Ohio State just went through a dual stretch where they had Iowa, PSU, Rutgers, Nebraska and Minny.  They're wrestling Cornell at National Duals.  The only reason Iowa won't wrestle Va Tech is because Brands is being petty about the past.  There's no other plausible explanation.  

I do think he is ducking. If brands was so pricipaled, he'd honor the agreement that the coaches outlined for the duals. Until he publicly states his reasoning for not accepting the VT match, we can only speculate his reasoning. I suspect, but can't say with certainty, that a loss to VT would be his demise as a Iowa coach and he doesn't want to risk it. I'm a VT fan and think they would beat us this year.

Much as I wanted to see the match I don't think that VT was going to beat Iowa this year.  Iowa would be favored at 125, 133, 141, 149, 157,  165, and 184.  125 & 184 could go the other way but so could 174.  I think Iowa would have won.  Still shame on them and T Brands for not taking this match whatever his reasons were.