Sign in to follow this  
lu1979

So who is winning in PSU vs OSU?

I just really think rogers in the first 3 minutes is a force to be reckoned with. After the first period it he slows down. But you never know what your gonna get hit with. Dudes got some of the slickest moves out there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Am I the only person who has detected a wobble within Retherford of late?  He struggled against Sorenson and then looked very sloppy against Micah Jordan.  yeah, he got the TF but MJ took him down twice.  I'm thinking Collica and Zain will be very close with an upset a distinct possibility.  

Am I the only person who has detected a wobble within Retherford of late?  He struggled against Sorenson and then looked very sloppy against Micah Jordan.  yeah, he got the TF but MJ took him down twice.  I'm thinking Collica and Zain will be very close with an upset a distinct possibility.  

I'm not seeing a wobble.  I think Zain wasn't 100% against Sorenson and still gutted it out.  Hard to criticize him for the beating he gave a real tough Jordan, even if he did give up a couple TD's.

.... Micah probably had 500 or so takedowns in high school- i wouldn't blame it on Zain....

I'm not seeing a wobble.  I think Zain wasn't 100% against Sorenson and still gutted it out.  Hard to criticize him for the beating he gave a real tough Jordan, even if he did give up a couple TD's.

Maybe he's not 100%. Maybe Sorensen has figured out how to wrestled against him.

125 N Piccinnini dec N Suriano

133 K Brock Pin Carpenter

141 D Heil dec J Gulibon

149 A Collica dec Z Retherford

157 J Nolf dec J Smith

165 C Rodgers pin V Joseph

174 M Hall mdec K Crutchmer

184 Bo Nickal pin N Boyd

197 Weigal dec McCutcheon

Hvy N Nevils mdec D White

125 N Piccinnini dec N Suriano

133 K Brock Pin Carpenter

141 D Heil dec J Gulibon

149 A Collica dec Z Retherford

157 J Nolf dec J Smith

165 C Rodgers pin V Joseph

174 M Hall mdec K Crutchmer

184 Bo Nickal pin N Boyd

197 Weigal dec McCutcheon

Hvy N Nevils mdec D White

Any justification for 125 and 149? Seems highly improbable both happen, but I'm super interested to hear why you think it will. That would really shake things up

125:  Suriano MAJOR Piccininni (Could be DEC, but, I think Nick pushes and gets the bonus point):  4-0 PSU

133:  Brock TECH Carpenter (George will give it his all, as always, and will save us a point):  5-4 OKST

141:  Heil DEC Gulibon (I think Jimmy has a shot here, but, Heil is so good at frustrating the opposition and finding a way to pull it out):  8-4 OKST

149:  Retherford MAJOR Collica (Again, could be a DEC, but, I think Zain pushes and gets the bonus.  Always the chance of a pin with Zain too, against anybody):  8-8

157:  Nolf MAJOR Smith (Could be a tech or pin for Nolf):  12-8 PSU

165:  Joseph DEC Rogers (Probably the biggest swing match of the dual):  15-8 PSU

174:  Hall DEC Crutchmer (Hall is capable of more, but, I think it ends up a decision):  18-8 PSU

184:  Nickal DEC Boyd (Could be a major and Bo can pin anyone):  21-8 PSU

197:  Weigel DEC McCutcheon (Another swing match.  I gave the first to us, I'll give this to them):  21-11 PSU

285:  Nevills DEC Schafer (If it is White, bump to a major):  24-11 PSU

Any justification for 125 and 149? Seems highly improbable both happen, but I'm super interested to hear why you think it will. That would really shake things up

Just a feeling.  No real information to base it upon.  It could be more of a want to happen than anything else.  I want parity going into NCAA's more than anything else.

The two undefeated and probably best dual meet teams square off this weekend.  Who wins it and by how much.  My prediction:

125 N Suriano dec N Piccinnini   

133 K Brock TF Law or Carpenter

141 D Heil dec J Gulibon

149 Z Retherford dec A Collica

157 J Nolf md J Smith

165 V Joseph dec C Rodgers

174 M Hall dec K Crutchmer

184 Bo Nickal dec N Boyd

197 M McCutcheon dec P Weigal

Hvy N Nevils dec A Schaffer

PSU 25   OSU 8

I think this is the way I would go with the possible exception of 197; just haven't seen Weigal wrestle.  165 could be a big swing the other way, but I think that Joseph is too fundamental for him, and I wonder when the last time Joseph was pinned?

I think Zain has a pretty good shot at bonusing Collica but aside from that, I think I agree across the board. 133 could end in a fall as well and Nolf could put up 5 or 6 as well. 

I think that Collica has wrestled him reasonably close, and Zain has been a little shaky in Neutral lately.  I think it is a relatively close match--like 6-2. 

I'm picking a Gulibon upset over Heil, and Rogers over Joseph! I think Jimmy will keep pace with DH, who tends to wrestle big matches close, and wins with a late score. I want to see him enter the postseason strong.

Jimmy has trouble finishing, and Heil is great at the ankle pass and Neutral defense in general.  I don't see an upset he.  I also think that Joseph is too solid (fundamental) for Rogers, but this wouldn't be much of a surprise.

DH seems to allow everyone to keep pace with him only to disappoint them with a 1 or 2 point loss at the end, its exciting stuff.  ;_:

True, but you if play with fire enough....This said, I doubt Gulibon will burn.

Weigel will ride McCutcheon all the way into March

Also think rogers and Joseph is gonna be fireworks with rogers getting a big lead and Joseph storming Back late.

Remember that Joseph wrestled Walsh smart and well, and Walsh is very dangerous.  Walsh almost had Martinez for backs (thought it was very, very close).  If not for Martinez's prodigious power Walsh would have scored 4.  I actually thought he should have had 2. 

I have it closer than others.  Home crowd is going to keep Collica from a Major.  Rodgers wins late against Joseph. 

Suriano by Dec.  3-0

Brock by TF 3-5

Heil by Dec (OT) 3-8

Retherford by Dec. 6-8

Nolf by Major  10-8

Rodgers by Dec 10-11

Hall by Dec 13-11

Nickal by Major  17-11

Weigel by Dec 17-14

Nevils by Dec 20-14

Fair and very possible. 

Remember that Joseph wrestled Walsh smart and well, and Walsh is very dangerous. Walsh almost had Martinez for backs (thought it was very, very close). If not for Martinez's prodigious power Walsh would have scored 4. I actually thought he should have had 2.

Completely agree, Walsh vs rogers is a dream match up. But just have a feeling with this much on line it's gonna be fireworks. But could also be very well boring if they both stay conservative.

I

I said the same thing after the Ohio State match.  A lot of people are rationalizing the close win to Sorenson as sickness (I thought he was sick) or an anomaly, and the takedowns he gave up to Jordan as a non-issue since he TF'd Jordan.  I am not in that camp since Zain has looked very vulnerable for longer periods of time this season than I saw him his entire last season.  Once others feel he is vulnerable they will be a much tougher out.  I am specifically thinking Sorenson, and perhaps Collica. 

Not a single guy in this thread picked OSU. That begs the question: how are they ranked #1 in the dual rankings?

Well, at one time Mike Tyson and Michael Spinks were undefeated and facing each other.  Odd weren't that crazy in Tyson's favor ( I believe 4:1...opposed to Tyson being a 35:1 favorite against Douglas), but anyone who followed boxing at the time knew that Spinks didn't have a chance in hell.  Not a perfect analogy, but some people see what they want to see.