-----------------------------------------------------------

157 -nope alton wins

174 toss up

hvy ? favor ohio state but ?

Bonus pts matter ~!

Meg dec Trigg +3 PSU

Stieb pin Conaway +6 OSU

Stieb MD Pearsall +4 OSU

Tessari dec AA (if AA is who he currently is) +3 OSU (If Alton shapes up, easy DEC for AA)

DA dec Demas +3 PSU

DT fall whoever +6 PSU

Brown dec Heflin +3 PSU

Ruth TF Courts +5 PSU

Wright dec Camp +3 PSU

Capone dec Ging +3 OSU

PSU +7

What Ohio State needs to do to beat Penn State.

125 – Triggas needs to avoid bonus points. I don’t think he needs to win, he just needs to keep it to a decision. 3-0 Penn State

133 – Logan needs to pin Conaway. I think he can and will. 6-3 Ohio State

141 – Hunter needs to pick up a major over Pearsall. This may be the key additional point in the match. 10-3 Ohio State

149 – Cam has to win, that’s all. No bonus, no pin, just hang on until the third period and take advantage of a gassed Alton. 13-3 Ohio State

157 – Demas has to keep it to a decision, which is likely, as A. Alton is not a big scorer. While an upset would be awesome, I don’t think it’s necessary. 13-6 Ohio State

165 – Martin needs to not get pinned, and only get teched. 13-11 Ohio State

174 – Heflin has to win. Take it to OT, and get the victory, in rideouts, or however. He has to win. 16-11 Ohio State

184 – Magrum needs to hold Ruth to a major. I think he can, but it is no guarantee. 16-14 Ohio State

197 – Camp needs to not get pinned. He won’t get teched, but he cannot get pinned. 18-16 Penn State

285 – Capone needs to win. I think he is the favorite and should win, but he can’t get upset. 19-18 Ohio State.

Now, do I think that is all possible in the same match, yes, I do. What probability would I give it, maybe 20%, maybe less. Either way, I can’t wait to watch the Bucks wrestle a big match with Logan in the lineup. While it hurt Illinois to not have Futrell, I really think that having Logan there, especially getting a pin over a ranked opponent, sets the tone for the night and gets the team going.

Meg dec Trigg +3 PSU

Stieb pin Conaway +6 OSU

Stieb MD Pearsall +4 OSU

Tessari dec AA (if AA is who he currently is) +3 OSU (If Alton shapes up, easy DEC for AA)

DA dec Demas +3 PSU

DT fall whoever +6 PSU

Brown dec Heflin +3 PSU

Ruth TF Courts +5 PSU

Wright dec Camp +3 PSU

Capone dec Ging +3 OSU

PSU +7

A Alton may beat him, but beating Tessari is never "easy"!

Meg dec Trigg +3 PSU

Stieb pin Conaway +6 OSU

Stieb MD Pearsall +4 OSU

DA dec Demas +3 PSU

DT fall whoever +6 PSU

Brown dec Heflin +3 PSU

Ruth TF Courts +5 PSU

Wright dec Camp +3 PSU

Capone dec Ging +3 OSU

PSU +7

A Alton may beat him, but beating Tessari is never "easy"!

Too be quite honest, unless Andrews conditioning or lungs problem is better, I have this as a loss. See my predictions above.

If Andrew is at full strength, I believe it's an easy win.

Just my opinion.

This could be ugly. The computer only has the two Stiebers winning for Ohio State.

with all due respect... computers can be wrong

I would favor PSU of course, but other than picking Demas over Alton at 157#, I think BRGuy's picks look about right.

125 mega dec triggas

133 logan pins conaway

141 hunter majors pearsal

149 aalton dec tessari

157 demas dec dalton

165 taylor tf

174 heflin dec brown

184 ruth major courts

197 wright dec camp

285 capone dec gingrich

tosu wins 19-18

Mega dec. 3-0 PSU

Logan Pin 6-3

Hunter Maj = 10-3

Alton Dec. 10-6

Alton Dec 10-9

Taylor Tech 14-10

Brown Dec. 17-10

Ruth tech 22-10

Wright dec. 25-10

Capone dec (toss up) 25-13

Keep dreaming.

Demas keeps hitting cradles and getting no points for them.

hard to see without the replay, but I thought for a cradle to be a takedown when the other wrestler has a leg, that the wrestler with the leg has to be broken down to a hip? If the wrestler in the cradle does not have a leg than this isn't the case?

I am sure the refs who frequent the board can verify this or not

This could be ugly. The computer only has the two Stiebers winning for Ohio State.

with all due respect... computers can be wrong

I would favor PSU of course, but other than picking Demas over Alton at 157#, I think BRGuy's picks look about right.

With all due respect to my computer...the computer was wrong.

the key to beating psu is to be in the match late they are either in poor shape or mentally weak i am not sure they will handle the meat grinder of the big tens too well

I think it probably both BRGuy. I think they will be the most out of shape and mentally weak team to ever win their third consecutive national title. :roll:

Thoughts:

125 - Nico continues to improve, which is saying something when you consider that he as a runner-up as a true freshman. Majoring someone as good as Triggas is extremely impressive.

133 - Logan Steiber puts on a clinic from the top position in pretty much every match he wrestles. His mastery from the top position is enjoyable to watch. He goes from one combination to another. He is unbelievably good. He is simply too much for Conaway.

141 - Logan's brother is pretty good as well. Way too much for Reber to handle.

149 - This was a more disappointing match to watch than the Sueflohn loss. In the Sueflohn loss, Andrew gassed, but, in this match, he just never got anything going. I'm a big fan of Andrew, and I really hope he gets it figured out. His talent level is on par with anyone. He is definitely in a funk right now.

157 - I like the look in Dylan's eyes this year. He got sloppy on one takedown attempt, and his legs got tied up underneath of him. I liked his ability to do what it takes to get the win. I'm not sure what Ryan was arguing for on this one. Demas did lock a cradle, but, he was still facing Dylan, and Dylan still had Demas leg locked up. That is not a takedown.

165 - It is cool to see how the really good wrestlers remain calm, when faced with adversity. Taylor gets taken down and ridden out for a bit, and he remained calm as could be. He just went back to work and got it done......again.

174 - Matt Brown continues to lose these close matches against high ranked guys. Despite this, he is still one of my favorites. The effort is always there for Matt. He is so close to turning these results around. He just needs to wrestle under control a bit more and not get over-aggressive and sloppy. He also needs to continue to work on his scrambling ability. I still like his chances in Des Moines.

184 - Speaking of staying calm, cool and collected. I don't remember ever seeing someone make it look as easy as Ed Ruth has over these last two years. It just appears effortless, as he makes quality wrestlers look completely over-matched.

197 - This was a solid effort for 'Q'. His athleticism and scrambling ability make him a tough match-up for anyone. I think he goes out on top, where he deserves to be.

285 - Not to take anything away from Gingrich, but, I think the team does better moving forward with Lawson. Jimmy's starting to improve, and his size and athleticism makes him dangerous against anybody. I really hope Capone is o.k.

ruth has my vote for the best wrestler in college the only guy who i think can challenge him is logan steiber but i am holding out until the ramos match

there is a lot of talent out there but man ruth just makes it look so easy to be honest i want to see him grow on the world level but i am affraid he will end up getting bored with wrestling after destroying everybody as far as usawrestling goes it is prbably a good thing he is in caels room if cael can humble him on occasion it may keep him motivated

PSU might be in trouble if AA and Matt Brown can't get it together by the end of the year. Looking like they might not be able to count on these guys for a good amount of points at NCAA's

For sure... Neither have impressed me of late. AT ALL!