wrestlingnerd

David Morris Taylor the 3rd has arrived

I mean at the training center. They don't like wrestling each other now because they were always in the same weight class. Now, no reason not to practice together constantly. They make each other better. I honestly believe Taylor helped make Dake who he is and vice versa. We need our best wrestling each other as much as possible.

I am super pumped for Taylor. I have always been in awe of the skills he demonstrates. His pace and approach during college were impressive. He wasn't perfect all the time but he damn near looked it much of the time.

Big fan. I hope he uses this to boost confidence and at the same time pushes him harder to be our World Team rep and then to win world level golds.

Congrats Mr. Taylor, outstanding job.

I am, of course, assuming the Russian Tank moves up as he said all along he would do.

Jury seems to still be out on that, not sure how gadisov's retirement and boltukaev bumping up will impact this, looks like they are clearing the way for him. If that's the case I would still be pretty concerned about geduev and kudiyamogomedov, more so geduev.

Let's give it at least 24 hours to bask in the glow of Taylor's breakout performance before we start rattling off the next 20 people who will beat him.  He just downed, in a row, some pretty tough cookies with some accolades that are better than anyone else's accolades, with the exception of Sadulaev. 

Congratulations Mr. Taylor!  Way to represent the USA AND YOURSELF! 

Deep down, many many many folks on these forums knew Taylor was capable of accomplishing what he just did.  The Burroughs losses, and Dake losses, etc... They all impacted him to a point where he could turn in a performance like what we just witnessed. 

USA Wrestling's future looks bright:

61kg - Current World Champ

65kg - Top 5 Finish at OLY

70kg - Former World Bronze

74kg - Former OLY/WC, multiple times

86kg - Just Arrived

97kg - Current OLY/WC

Now...  who's stepping up at 57kg and 125kg?  Any takers?

Let's give it at least 24 hours to bask in the glow of Taylor's breakout performance before we start rattling off the next 20 people who will beat him.  He just downed, in a row, some pretty tough cookies with some accolades that are better than anyone else's accolades, with the exception of Sadulaev. 

Congratulations Mr. Taylor!  Way to represent the USA AND YOURSELF! 

Deep down, many many many folks on these forums knew Taylor was capable of accomplishing what he just did.  The Burroughs losses, and Dake losses, etc... They all impacted him to a point where he could turn in a performance like what we just witnessed. 

USA Wrestling's future looks bright:

61kg - Current World Champ

65kg - Top 5 Finish at OLY

70kg - Former World Bronze

74kg - Former OLY/WC, multiple times

86kg - Just Arrived

97kg - Current OLY/WC

Now...  who's stepping up at 57kg and 125kg?  Any takers?

I can't make 57, but if I lay off the IPAs I may be able to make 125.  I'm in!

I am a big fan of Lee, I worry that he won't grow enough to be the dominant force at 57 that he is at 50. I would like to see him try 55 this year at Jr.'s and if he can maul everyone like he normally does, if he does, I would be a little less worried. I think Fix might also be another one who could take the reins at 57. But I think it will be a couple of years before Fix or Lee, are our guys on the Senior team. Maybe this year it will be TRam again, but there is a lot guys such as Garrett, Mc D, Gilman, Graff, Nato, Mega, Suriano, that could all end up being our guy. I think we will get a glimpse of things in April in Las Vegas. As far as this past World Cup goes, I think TRam did well but I would've liked to see Garrett face the Iranian. The reason is two fold. Different style and perhaps get some insight on how good Garrett is against top rated international guys.

As far as 86, goes holy cow, DT really impressed me, I know that it was the World Cup and not the World's, but still, he was in the lion's den and emerged as King of the pride. So it will be interesting to see what happens here. I am curious to see who shows up in Vegas and then in Lincoln at this weight. As far as J'Den goes, if he does go off to play football, does he ever make it back? Does he say I am an Olympic Bronze medalist, and call it a career? Personally I think what will happen is that he takes his year off, plays football, and gets talked into coming back, but decides that the cut to 86 is too much and ends up going 97. Where upon he runs into a block wall known as Kyle Snyder.

Yazdani is going to deliver a big dose of what we like to call "reality"

Probably but I am not sure this year. I think he is going to need a bit more time to get used to and fit into the weight. His frame allows it but that is a huge jump in weight. His style has always been physical and at a fast pace with a lot of reliance on snaps. His snaps are not there at this weight. He showed his ability but the pace wore him out because of the weight.

I am a huge fan of Yazdani but the weight jump on a style which relies physicality is going to take some time.