Sign in to follow this  
tightwaist

Will Flo do the right thing?

This is a big screw-up.  They marketed the crap out of this.  I saw their ads everywhere.  I assume they took on a ton of new subscribers, specifically because of this match.  It was a colossal let down.  On Facebook, I read one comment where a coach had his whole team over after dishing out $ 150, and they couldn't watch it.  The sheer volume of comments from frustrated subscribers on Facebook and FLO is pretty huge.  I assume that wrestling is a significant portion of their recurring revenue. 

Earlier, Martin tweeted this, "I know how frustrated and angry a lot of you were today.  I apologize for this failure"

This is a timid response, relative to the poor delivery. If I were on his board, I'd highly recommend that he do much more than this to address this issue.  For anyone who paid the $ 30 and could not watch the event, refund them their money.  Create a video that details the issues they faced, and at least pretend that you are as frustrated as the people who missed the event.  Calm the waters and strive to make sure this never happens again.  Quit posting on Facebook how awesome the match was.  Talk about lack of awareness...you are literally rubbing it in the face of those who couldn't watch. 

I am an annual subscriber, and appreciate the overall content...so I am probably going to stick around.  People like me aren't the issue.  Its the average high school wrestling coach who shells out $ 150 (which may a pretty big hit) and feels like they got robbed.  Martin and crew just raised 21MM from some venture firms.  They now answer to big brother.  Big brother doesn't like bad press and super unhappy customers. 

They haven't even had a real press release and continued to hype the event as their coverage was failing. This isn't the first time, but this was the worst of them all. They like to throw stones at every other media outlet, but it's time to really face the music now because this was an embarrassment for the company and the entire sport

They already said that they will grant full refunds. More importantly, the hope is that this will be the wake up call that gets the infrastructure to where it needs to be.  

This is totally false.  I asked for a refund during the event and was emailed within an hour that they would not refund me.  

This is totally false.  I asked for a refund during the event and was emailed within an hour that they would not refund me.  

Did you try after? (I'm not trying to defend this by any means but the person you would have talked to during isn't likely to have been told anything yet)

I am a supporter of Flo and just defended them on here the other day.  My opinion of the positive they have done for the sport hasn't changed but it is obvious they need to tighten up their service.  I would highly encourage everyone to take advantage of the offer for a refund or 2-months of free service.  The financial pain will make them more likely to respond appropriately to the situation and, hopefully, take steps to prevent this from happening again in the future.  I hope they learn a lesson and use it to become better/stronger.  

Martin Floreani â€@martinoflo  1h

1 hour ago
More

@Mkosz1 besides getting better...we are offering up full refunds or two months free at support@flosports.tv

I've been a Flo subscriber for a while. Yes, this was annoying but **** happens. I'll still be a subscriber tomorrow. They offer good content and I enjoy the site. If only their rankings were better. 

You are pretty generous.  There are a ton of unhappy customers.  Not many of them post on this site, so you aren't seeing the volume of complaints.  They beat the drums hard on this dual. and they totally laid an egg.  The response from Martin is absolutely not acceptable.  I am fair minded person, assuming people do the right thing. 

Did you try after? (I'm not trying to defend this by any means but the person you would have talked to during isn't likely to have been told anything yet)

I emailed them at 4:09 central, got a no refund reply at 5:11, replied and repeated my request for a refund at 5:52 (well after the dual) and have had no answer in the almost 3 hours since.  

Edited by boconnell

They haven't even had a real press release and continued to hype the event as their coverage was failing. This isn't the first time, but this was the worst of them all. They like to throw stones at every other media outlet, but it's time to really face the music now because this was an embarrassment for the company and the entire sport

My guess is the hype during the event you are referring to was already presetup and scheduled to show on their accounts at specific times. 

I'm trying to look at the silver lining in this. Obviously this was a huge blunder. As a business owner I can imagine how stressful tonight was, literally worst case scenario. A problem they have been having on a small scale, their streaming is definitely not at the forefront of the industry, was finally fully exposed for all the wrestling community to see.

I won't be cancelling my subscription for a few reasons. One, I didn't originally join to be able to see live events, that was a perk. Two they have the most coverage of wrestling around. Three I don't have another better option than Flo to go to. If I cancelled I would find myself wanting for more content.

How they move forward from this is key, and from what I can see they need to do two things:

1) Handle any upset customers by issuing any refunds they might need to. Hopefully they can financially afford to do this.

2) Make their streaming software top of the line.

If they can do these two things they will actually walk out of this event in good shape and will probably get many of the people who cancel tonight back on board.

My guess is the hype during the event you are referring to was already presetup and scheduled to show on their accounts at specific times. 

That is more proof they can make the things work they really want to make work.  I bet their hype videos are as reliable as the billing department.  They haven't had technical difficulties and forgotten to bill anyone is my guess.  It is only when providing the product they sold that they all of a sudden don't have the infrastructure to run an internet company.

You are pretty generous.  There are a ton of unhappy customers.  Not many of them post on this site, so you aren't seeing the volume of complaints.  They beat the drums hard on this dual. and they totally laid an egg.  The response from Martin is absolutely not acceptable.  I am fair minded person, assuming people do the right thing. 

I didn't subscribe exclusively to watch this meet. I've been a subscriber for years now. Yes, they **** the bed. And yes, I'll seek the 2 free months option as I really did want to see the meet. But I'm not losing sleep over what happened. 

I am a supporter of Flo and just defended them on here the other day.  My opinion of the positive they have done for the sport hasn't changed but it is obvious they need to tighten up their service.  I would highly encourage everyone to take advantage of the offer for a refund or 2-months of free service.  The financial pain will make them more likely to respond appropriately to the situation and, hopefully, take steps to prevent this from happening again in the future.  I hope they learn a lesson and use it to become better/stronger.  

Martin Floreani â€@martinoflo  1h

1 hour ago
More

@Mkosz1 besides getting better...we are offering up full refunds or two months free at support@flosports.tv

Do you know if this (the 2 months free) applies to the annual subscribers as well, or just the monthly ones who signed up for this dual?

How do you get the refund?  I emailed and was told no.  I can't find it on their home page.  I'd love it if I was refunded.  I every year I month to month subscribe during the college season and would probably listen closely to how they handle big events between now and next winter and might subscribe again in the future if they give me a refund now.

Edited by boconnell

Do you know if this (the 2 months free) applies to the annual subscribers as well, or just the monthly ones who signed up for this dual?

I am assuming the refund applies to the pay-per-view subscribers and the 2 month 'free' applies to monthly/annual subscribers. I would sure hope so, the reason I am an annual subscriber is to have access to events like this...and I sure didn't get it. 

Email:support@flosports.tv

Edited by MrWonderful

I am assuming the refund applies to the pay-per-view subscribers and the 2 month 'free' applies to monthly/annual subscribers. I would sure hope so, the reason I am an annual subscriber is to have access to events like this...and I sure didn't get it. 

Email:support@flosports.tv

If this is the case it is deceitful to say they are offering refunds to everyone.  As a monthly subscriber I should be able to cancel and get a refund for February.  I purchased February and they did not provide it to me.  Giving me March free is not the same.  When you don't provide the agreed upon product or service you don't give me a different one I had not purchased yet and say that's fair.  If I buy a wrestling t-shirt you don't tell me we don't have that but here's a headgear and no refunds, that's what you get.  

You provide me the service I bought, and if you can't you refund me. 

If this is the case it is deceitful to say they are offering refunds to everyone.  As a monthly subscriber I should be able to cancel and get a refund for February.  I purchased February and they did not provide it to me.  Giving me March free is not the same.  When you don't provide the agreed upon product or service you don't give me a different one I had not purchased yet and say that's fair.  If I buy a wrestling t-shirt you don't tell me we don't have that but here's a headgear and no refunds, that's what you get.  

You provide me the service I bought, and if you can't you refund me. 

You might want to just email and check with them to see what they say.  I agree, if you paid for Feb. you should get your money back....but I'm just a customer like you. I don't speak for Flo, or have any special information besides the tweet from Martin I posted.  

If anyone emailed / contacted them during the match might want to try again.  I think a few people on twitter posted that they were being told no refunds at first but it was after the match that Martin posted saying they would be refunding...so word may not have passed down the line that quickly.

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt as long as they do the right thing here afterwords.  Refunds are a solid start.  I think an explanation and corrective actions would help to earn back some confidence.