Sign in to follow this  
LordNelson

What is the deal with ISU Dresser?

The real takeaway from that statement is that he still uses hotmail.  

I've had mine for 17 years!

Sadly, I have moved on...it was a more elegant email host, for a more civilazed age. I am a gmailer now. 

I got that statement from an email sent to "hokie nation".

Believe me. I know how this feels. My heart broke in half when Cael went to PSU and took Magic with him. (Although I was happy cyler went with him).

This is a good day for Iowa state wrestling.

Huge contract. Reportedly highest paid D1 coach now (not sure if this is true). 7 year contract (just like I suggested).

My son placed in state large school 5a 145 pounds wrestling last week. My daughter placed in swimming HS large school last week too. & my alma mater came through friggen big time. YES. Good job AD pollard.

Edited by xander

If the Paulson brothers aren't retained, I would imagine that recruits and true freshmen, including Storr and Parker, will be weighing their options. Storr in particular is very close with the Paulsons and would not be ideal if they did not come back. 

If they bring in Zadick I think it will be ok, I think they'd learn a lot more from him.

I have admiration for Dresser as well as ISU for identifying and going after their man.  But....does anyone think Dresser still leaves Va Tech if a huge pay raise wasn't involved?  I've got to think money was the primary reason for Dresser to make this move.  And kudos to ISU for showing that wrestling is a priority by making such a large offer to Coach Dresser.

I would think that Dresser asked Va Tech to match and they declined.  But there's no way to know for sure.