tightwaist

Flo has done the right thing

Martin issued a much more heart felt apology on their website, and they are providing refunds to those who ask.  It was the right thing to do, and they've stepped up...albeit, a little late for my tastes, but I digress.

They are not providing refunds to those who ask.  They are providing refunds to those who signed up immediately before the event.  I have been denied a refund and ignored repeatedly since that denial.

I think you get a credit though if you were an existing customer, but I am probably wrong.

But only a credit on future service.  I buy it for the college season.  I was already charged for the remainder of the college season.  I paid for college wrestling, they didn't give it to me, and now the only option they give me is to take April for free.  

If I bought wrestling shoes and they were out of stock I would expect a refund, not 2 sets of headgear and take it or leave it.  

Only people who just signed up get a refund.  

Those who have been with them for years get nothing.  

Sorry, this is unacceptable and very unprofessional. 

Send Martin and email.  You will get 2 free months.  AND LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only people who just signed up get a refund.  

Those who have been with them for years get nothing.  

Sorry, this is unacceptable and very unprofessional. 

I was about to post the same thing.  Though I appreciate the apology, I was very annoyed with the wording that only people who signed up for this dual will get a refund.  A refund should be offered to EVERY SUBSCRIBER, regardless of when they signed up.   This match was offered as part of their service and it wasn't available.

come on guys what more do you want

you get a free month of flowrestling

why are you complaining you now get to watch the Catoosa summer youth wrestling round robin jamboree for free

who cares if you missed the dual of the century that you were planning to see

next you will tell me you would be mad if you bought a snow shovel online in January and paid to have it overnighted but they were out of stock so it came in july

you got the snow shovel just like you wanted so you should be thankful

don't you know flowrestling is the savior and you should be thankful they even let you see it via tape delay

I went to my pappy house for the dual and it was insanity in there as expected.   The Iranians would have been envious.     And then the feed dropped.   We did our best to hang in there, but to no avail.     Refund?           That was a must see event we circled the calendar on and Flo blew it again.         It may be time to dump them altogether.   

So ridiculous. I'm being punished for being a loyal customer.

I tried the whole being a loyal customer thing, three times, and each time, either with their explicitly rude behavior towards me or due to their faulty service I have walked away saying they will never again get another dime of my money, but sometimes my love for wrestling overwhelms me and I forgive.  Just before the dual Sunday I experienced a moment of weakness and decided I would for a fourth time begin giving my money to a known bunch of frat boys and people had previously taken my money and f'ed me out of it. So I suppose 'lucky' for me that I could not even log in far enough to purchase my membership and got to watch some of it for free.  Never again I tell myself....

these issues, well documented here for years, are why i've never opened up my wallet for these guys.  most infuriating seems to be not just the technical issues, but the apathetic response by these guys.  i have come closer to rearranging my internet/satellite/cable tv budget to include flo's service, particularly with the buzz surrounding their feature documentaries, but these issues continuing to plague them make me glad i haven't.

you have a long way to go to earn my dollar, boys.

these issues, well documented here for years, are why i've never opened up my wallet for these guys. most infuriating seems to be not just the technical issues, but the apathetic response by these guys. i have come closer to rearranging my internet/satellite/cable tv budget to include flo's service, particularly with the buzz surrounding their feature documentaries, but these issues continuing to plague them make me glad i haven't.

you have a long way to go to earn my dollar, boys.

Feature documentaries?! Those appear to have stopped so they can focus on documentaries about boring crossfitters or video gamers. Seriously.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can an internet techno wrestling geek possibly answer the following stupid question. How much does the internet which-a-macall it thing that flo uses to shoot a live wrestling video on my TV screen cost ? How much are the extra high capacity ones ? I have no idea if the investment is $5K or $100K. Are the systems stackable for increased capability or capacity or do you always have to buy a bigger peice of hardware ? 

Also - Would you assume that Flo has one server or whatever for all of FLO sports or different servers for each sport ?  If all sports are on the same server, then I guess a perfect storm would be when multiple Flo sports have major events streaming at the same time ??

The sad thing is whatever they do now, it is not really the right thing. 

You can't replace the immediate satisfaction of sitting at home watching the live the dual of the year, with a "you can now watch it here, and we will give you your money back."  It lost all it's luster by then.....  This is JV performance in a Varsity singlet.......

To the best of my knowledge-

They had the arena on different servers as it was working running events just fine.

I believe large databases are generally on separate servers also.

My guess is that the issue revolved around the dynamic allocation of servers as clients poured in. Everybody gets their own space temporarily. That builds up and you need serious bookkeeping to keep track of who's on first, etc. I believe they had a similar issue a couple of years ago at Times Square. The process soared out of control.

It's hard to test since to really replicate it you would need thousands of people coming in at random times and a lot within a few minutes.

Please don't quote me. I don't really use the video that much. I use the tournament software for all of my events now. (I even ran a frisbee event with it)

Is anyone here a PhD. in Computer Science or Computer Engineeering? If so, please explain what happened.

I barely know where the "on" button is on my laptop.

I'm layman terms The Tech finally did something special with a lady friend and as a result lost complete awareness of what his job entailed.

Can an internet techno wrestling geek possibly answer the following stupid question. How much does the internet which-a-macall it thing that flo uses to shoot a live wrestling video on my TV screen cost ? How much are the extra high capacity ones ? I have no idea if the investment is $5K or $100K. Are the systems stackable for increased capability or capacity or do you always have to buy a bigger peice of hardware ?

Also - Would you assume that Flo has one server or whatever for all of FLO sports or different servers for each sport ? If all sports are on the same server, then I guess a perfect storm would be when multiple Flo sports have major events streaming at the same time ??

I don't know what their infrastructure looks like. There are plenty of services available where you pay per usage, so the problem could be solved by paying a company like Amazon to make it their problem.

They definitely have way more than one server being used.