tightwaist

Flo has done the right thing

To the best of my knowledge-

They had the arena on different servers as it was working running events just fine.

I believe large databases are generally on separate servers also.

My guess is that the issue revolved around the dynamic allocation of servers as clients poured in. Everybody gets their own space temporarily. That builds up and you need serious bookkeeping to keep track of who's on first, etc. I believe they had a similar issue a couple of years ago at Times Square. The process soared out of control.

It's hard to test since to really replicate it you would need thousands of people coming in at random times and a lot within a few minutes.

Please don't quote me. I don't really use the video that much. I use the tournament software for all of my events now. (I even ran a frisbee event with it)

There are entire industries built around testing network capacity. For example, Spirent a communications and Ixia basically exist because of this industry.

Think about what AT&T does to test their cell network when they roll out new capabilities. You almost never have overloaded systems except in extreme circumstances.

Similar concept with Netflix. Or Salesforce.com. Or basically any software company.

There are entire industries built around testing network capacity. For example, Spirent a communications and Ixia basically exist because of this industry.

Think about what AT&T does to test their cell network when they roll out new capabilities. You almost never have overloaded systems except in extreme circumstances.

Similar concept with Netflix. Or Salesforce.com. Or basically any software company.

As I said don't quote me but in any case, I understand they did have a similar problem before and you're assuming it's only about capacity not how to utilize the capacity. And a 500 type error is software related and my group was just fine as we logged in earlier than most. So it's pretty clear to me that it falls somewhere in this area. Would these companies be able to test various people coming in the way we all did jumping into proprietary software at various points?

I wasn't defending them, I was just trying to point out a likely area of concern. Perhaps, they should have used more services like you suggest but you mention some pretty huge companies that use these testing companies. Probably pretty expensive (even though it might have been worth it)

This is the first time I have ever had a problem with flo. I watch every live dual that I can and almost all of their tournaments. People can complain that it's always flo, but it's not. This one sucked and I wanted to tell them to get bent but I got to watch the dual in it's entirety albeit much later than I had expected. I don't give them a pass, but I have had my electricity go out before and my satellite not work before. I hope they improve like they have since they started and I am confident that they will.

I have played a role in developing quite a few web apps. I got the impression they deployed untested software and then it took a couple of hours of panic to roll it back to the old version, but of course I am speculating. The cynic in me says they rolled out a new login system to make sure they captured every dime and it back fired.

This is the first time I have ever had a problem with flo. I watch every live dual that I can and almost all of their tournaments. People can complain that it's always flo, but it's not. This one sucked and I wanted to tell them to get bent but I got to watch the dual in it's entirety albeit much later than I had expected. I don't give them a pass, but I have had my electricity go out before and my satellite not work before. I hope they improve like they have since they started and I am confident that they will.

You must be the luckiest man alive, play the lottery tomorrow. Everyone I know who subs to FLO has constant issues with streams and have for years. 

You must be the luckiest man alive, play the lottery tomorrow. Everyone I know who subs to FLO has constant issues with streams and have for years.

Maybe you and your friends need to spend a little more or internet service and routers... can't blame them for being cheap

Edited by rcoates1

Maybe you and your friends need to spend a little more or internet service and routers... can't blame them for being cheap

Lol you can't be serious. I have Xfinity blast 150mb internet, stream every service out there and FLO is the only service that consistently gives me issues. Are you  a FLO employee troll account.

Edited by sansbarksdale

Lol you can't be serious. I have Xfinity blast 150mb internet, stream every service out there and FLO is the only service that consistently gives me issues. Are you a FLO employee troll account.

Oh my god you have xfinity blast 150mb!!! Flo is the only stream you've ever had a problem with!! Bro, sue those Pieces of crap at flo. This is the first company to ever have any issues ever. And I guess I am the luckiest guy on earth because I have never had any streaming problems with flo. Maybe you should go to another service and see how much wrestling coverage you get. Good luck buddy.

Flo is down AGAIN. I was watching all the archived PSU-OSU matches and now get the 500 Internal Server Error message all over again. 

It's one thing to mess up  the actual event so badly, but quite another to have the exact same system issues after you issue your mea culpa and try to make it up to your customers. 

I have been trying to catch up on the matches all day and have yet to make it through the entire dual. 

Oh my god you have xfinity blast 150mb!!! Flo is the only stream you've ever had a problem with!! Bro, sue those Pieces of crap at flo. This is the first company to ever have any issues ever. And I guess I am the luckiest guy on earth because I have never had any streaming problems with flo. Maybe you should go to another service and see how much wrestling coverage you get. Good luck buddy.

I do actually. I Get great wrestling on BTN and WatchESPN without any issues. It's great.

As do I!!! I guess I'm just lucky. Win for me, ehh?

The issue is most likely tech , do they have their trucks outside with connection's  to satellites ? Whole different setup . Using a schools outbound router and bandwidth is a dice game .  

I know Martin and in no way they want this to happen , the trick of being everywhere all the time is what you have to work with when you get there . It's not an excuse but how do you

want to plow the field,  really wide or deep ? This dual was never going to be close and for people to complain that they missed the dual of the century . WTF have you been smoking ?

Planning and forethought might help on the tech side but I'm sure it's not there's  attempt to scam anybody.

Gerald Walsh

Love wrestling and think trackwrestling changed everything , it's all about the data Marty .

Flo is down AGAIN. I was watching all the archived PSU-OSU matches and now get the 500 Internal Server Error message all over again.

It's one thing to mess up the actual event so badly, but quite another to have the exact same system issues after you issue your mea culpa and try to make it up to your customers.

I have been trying to catch up on the matches all day and have yet to make it through the entire dual.

I now believe that the video of this meet is cursed. It's like the Ring. You watch it and you only have so many days to live. Flo is trying to save our lives by blocking it. We should be praising them not cursing their name. Look at the signs people you know it's true.

I now believe that the video of this meet is cursed. It's like the Ring. You watch it and you only have so many days to live. Flo is trying to save our lives by blocking it. We should be praising them not cursing their name. Look at the signs people you know it's true.

Except instead of dying you'll be forced to watch nothing but tony nelson and zach Rey matches

Gimp knows. Read his post.

Is anyone here a PhD. in Computer Science or Computer Engineeering?  If so, please explain what happened.

I barely know where the "on" button is on my laptop.

I don't know where the on button is on his laptop either.

If you have rights to a huge event like that you owe it to the wrestling community to get it right. If the rumors are true the BIG 10 channel also wanted to cover the event and flo blocked that broadcast. Will OSU keep their agreement with flo? If I was Coach Smith I'd be pretty unhappy with this dual on all sorts of fronts.

If you have rights to a huge event like that you owe it to the wrestling community to get it right. If the rumors are true the BIG 10 channel also wanted to cover the event and flo blocked that broadcast. Will OSU keep their agreement with flo? If I was Coach Smith I'd be pretty unhappy with this dual on all sorts of fronts.

Smith should have nothing to do with the TV deals for two reason 1. He worked with NBC for the Olympics 2. That's the ADs job.

I know that doesn't mean he isn't involved but, he shouldn't be.