boconnell

Flowrestling makes a (deceitful) statement

Look at his wording...

"If you signed up for the dual".  Only those who signed up for this dual get the refund, everyone else gets a credit.

How will they define that?  I sign up each November specifically for the OSU matches (with other college content as a bonus).  I already added a package with BTN so I get lots of that on TV, but I pay for this to get OSU.  I drop my coverage in early March.  How will they define who signed up for this dual?  Will that just be people who signed up this week?  I have already been answered on email that I will not be given a refund and all my further requests have been ignored.  I am being offered only the extra two months of coverage that will include no college wrestling.  That is not what I ordered or paid for.  That is not what they sold me.  They sold me February and they didn't give it to me.  They cannot go back now and tell me we never had February to sell, you take March.  But that is exactly what they are doing and what they told me.  

If they are not offering refunds to those who cancel, then the wording of this PR release is intentionally deceitful.  So is his Twitter claim yesterday that he was offering refunds.

Edited by boconnell

Are you signed up for monthly or yearly service? If monthly, did you watch any other events within this month of service? Here's the key to your argument:  When you signed up for this month, had they already started advertising this dual?  If yes, you have reason to fight.  If the dual wasn't scheduled at the time you renewed your monthly membership, you will have trouble getting a refund.  

With all that said...They should probably just issue the refund as a sign of goodwill to you.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

Are they offering you the two months on your subscription or no to that as well?

They are offering the 2 months.  I mentioned that in my original post.  I sign up every November-March for a monthly subscription to watch college wrestling.  That is what I sign up and pay for.  As an OSU fan I sign up most for the OSU matches.  Yesterday they failed to give me the OSU dual.  They also had major problems with last week's OSU dual.  Then they tell me they won't give me a refund but they would make up for it by giving me two months of coverage with no college wrestling to make up for it.  That is not what I bought from them.  I bought February, not April.  Not to mention their 2 month extension is in part being made hoping people who are threatening to cancel forget to do so 2 months from now.  

Give me a refund or partial refund for the product you sold me and never provided, and then I can cancel the service.  That is pretty simple.

Edited by boconnell

Notice none of the Flo guys who post on here are posting.  None of my emails or new support tickets have been answered either.  They are basically radio silent.  I wonder if FRL will be up tomorrow and if it is, will they mention any of this?  The funny thing is it might be their most listened to episode.

It is obvious the strategy was a carefully worded response that hints at refunds to appear fair, then deny all refunds and batten down the hatches and hope it blows over.  I hope people don't allow them to just run and hide and that the issue stays front and center until they come out.

Flo is currently in year 2 of a 3 year contract to broadcast OSU matches.  Are you a booster for the OSU program boconnell?  If so, maybe an e-mail to OSU (along with e-mails from your booster friends) suggesting they not renew with Flo would go further than complaints to flo themselves.  

I don't really know the details of the mishap or correction, but getting April free might be a pretty good deal just for the US Open, if you're into FS or GR.

The truth is if they give me a refund I'll feel good about being heard and probably pay for April.  But the way they're dealing with it makes me feel jerked around.  It's going to make me cancel the free month and never go back.  

I really don't see what's so hard about refunding after faulty service.  Or about answering customer service emails.  I've had nothing from them since the initial "no we won't refund you" at 5 pm yesterday.  Since then they have simply ignored a half a dozen attempts at contact.

The truth is if they give me a refund I'll feel good about being heard and probably pay for April. But the way they're dealing with it makes me feel jerked around. It's going to make me cancel the free month and never go back.

I really don't see what's so hard about refunding after faulty service. Or about answering customer service emails. I've had nothing from them since the initial "no we won't refund you" at 5 pm yesterday. Since then they have simply ignored a half a dozen attempts at contact.

The reason for no refund after faulty service?.. Think that over again..And the presidence they would set. They would be bankrupt in short time.