Sign in to follow this  
boconnell

FRL talks crash

Martin comes on and gives heartfelt apology and says it was a tech problem and that everyone can have a full refund.

Meanwhile I still can't get a refund and my repeated requests (multiple emails, multiple facebook attempts, multiple posts on the FLO site) continue to get ignored.  They took less than an hour to say no to my refund request, but they have ignored me for almost 48 hours since.  

I keep hearing refund thrown around but we don't have one person on this site that has actually received one.  

Then he says he won't let NBC take Flo's rights and he won't back down to anyone who tries to take their rights.  If only he valued the rights of his customers half as much as he values his own rights.  He says NBC tried to bully them but then he plays the bully and privately refuses to give the refunds he publicly promises.  

Edited by boconnell

Email him directly, he posted his email on flo. I'm guessing there is some miscommunication going on internally and/or they are being overwhelmed with requests

I am doubting that is the case.  I have tried opening new tickets.  I have tried new emails.  Plus I received a flat out no.

And more than anything I just don't believe refunds are being given right now.  We've had dozens of people comment about this on the board and not one has actually received a refund.

Edited by boconnell

Where are Willie and Pyles, they're always quick to come on here and defend Flo whenever they think they are getting unfair criticism?

They don't think it's unfair criticism, they stated that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto that.  Then maybe we won't have to put up with his bitching like a little girl.

I don't blame you.  I hate myself a bit for how much I'm whining.  

But I'm up on this soapbox now and don't intent to come down until I get a refund.  

I don't blame anyone who avoids the Flo threads to avoid my 'crusade', but I hope plenty do read and think twice about giving Flo a penny.

To not become a total stench I will not make another thread on the subject going forward.  I'll keep posting in these and they can be easily avoided.

Edited by boconnell

I'd love for them to weigh in on whether it's unfair to ask for a refund.  My guess is they have orders from on high to avoid the subject though so I can all but guarantee they don't weigh in on that particular subject.

Edited by boconnell

I don't want a refund. I just want the two months I was promised. It's been 2 days since my email and nothing so far. 

I do appreciate everything Flo does. I think I get a tremendous amount of value for the price... But I agree that if they made a promise, it's completely unbecoming of a respectable business to welch on it.

I don't want a refund. I just want the two months I was promised. It's been 2 days since my email and nothing so far. 

I do appreciate everything Flo does. I think I get a tremendous amount of value for the price... But I agree that if they made a promise, it's completely unbecoming of a respectable business to welch on it.

I received a response 90 minutes after sending them an email. Two of my friends (not on the forum) had mixed results. One is awaiting response, one got a call from customer service who he said was very helpful, asked a lot of questions etc. 

The number that he was in contact with was 512-355-7936.

Edited by rlw028

Then the two guppies said "it's not our fault, it's flowrestling"

I can only imagine how superiors would respond if I blamed our company for something they provided..

Flo's new mission statement:

"We earned the right to fail"

Nothing about Flo's response in any way suggests this will NOT happen again.

The CEO giving pre-canned answers to pre-cleared questions asked BY HIS OWN EMPLOYEES for a couple minutes on your own podcast answered absolutely no questions, and just repeated what this thread shows to misled claims at best.

What specifically caused the website to crash and what specifically is Flo doing to make sure it won't happen again?

Why is Flo not compensating long standing customers for the service they were NOT provided, but instead asking them to sign up for another YEAR of service?

Does Flo put out great content? Yes. But quit wrapping yourselves in the flag of wrestling. Flo exists to make money. They are going after a different audience than NBC Sports, but both produce content simply to make money.

Nothing about Flo's response in any way suggests this will NOT happen again.

The CEO giving pre-canned answers to pre-cleared questions asked BY HIS OWN EMPLOYEES for a couple minutes on your own podcast answered absolutely no questions, and just repeated what this thread shows to misled claims at best.

What specifically caused the website to crash and what specifically is Flo doing to make sure it won't happen again?

Why is Flo not compensating long standing customers for the service they were NOT provided, but instead asking them to sign up for another YEAR of service?

Does Flo put out great content? Yes. But quit wrapping yourselves in the flag of wrestling. Flo exists to make money. They are going after a different audience than NBC Sports, but both produce content simply to make money.

He went into some detail, but it was mostly vague. As a technical person, that was annoying. 

They also used the time to try to get sympathy because NBC Sports was trying to bully them (their words). 

They offered me, a long time customer, 2 additional months free without requiring a renewal, so either somebody misunderstood what they said, or they are offering different people different things. 

Flo absolutely exists to make money. Why anyone has ever doubted that is beyond me. I don't blame them for wanting to make money at all, but then they cannot rely on fan sympathy when they do fail, like they did last weekend. 

I want Flo to never have another problem again. I will continue to support them, as they have exclusive rights to content I want to watch. I am no longer nearly as loyal however. Previously I defended them constantly, but now I reluctantly use them because I don't have other options.