Sign in to follow this  
boconnell

FRL talks crash

He went into some detail, but it was mostly vague. As a technical person, that was annoying. 

They also used the time to try to get sympathy because NBC Sports was trying to bully them (their words). 

They offered me, a long time customer, 2 additional months free without requiring a renewal, so either somebody misunderstood what they said, or they are offering different people different things. 

Flo absolutely exists to make money. Why anyone has ever doubted that is beyond me. I don't blame them for wanting to make money at all, but then they cannot rely on fan sympathy when they do fail, like they did last weekend. 

I want Flo to never have another problem again. I will continue to support them, as they have exclusive rights to content I want to watch. I am no longer nearly as loyal however. Previously I defended them constantly, but now I reluctantly use them because I don't have other options.

Seemed like they threw the engineering and tech people under the bus a bit on the podcast, when it seems like it was more of an infrastructure problem. We will see if they invest more in the infrastructure needed to stream an event like this to a large audience. Knowing they received a large investment in recent history I think some hope was that they would improve the constant streaming problems at these large events, but that hasn't been the case as of yet. 

It was very annoying and hurt their response when immediately after a somber start to the discussion a passionate tirade about NBC sports occurred. It wasn't NBC Sports "bullying", if you'd actually consider that to be real, that caused this failure to happen. Flo got the rights they wanted, got the opportunity, and needed to more stick to how they were going to improve so that we, the customer, could trust them. Deflecting to another issue wasn't the point or purpose of said discussion.

Flo has done some great things for wrestling and I hope they can resolve these recurrent issues to improve their product. 

Seemed like they threw the engineering and tech people under the bus a bit on the podcast, when it seems like it was more of an infrastructure problem. We will see if they invest more in the infrastructure needed to stream an event like this to a large audience. Knowing they received a large investment in recent history I think some hope was that they would improve the constant streaming problems at these large events, but that hasn't been the case as of yet. 

It was very annoying and hurt their response when immediately after a somber start to the discussion a passionate tirade about NBC sports occurred. It wasn't NBC Sports "bullying", if you'd actually consider that to be real, that caused this failure to happen. Flo got the rights they wanted, got the opportunity, and needed to more stick to how they were going to improve so that we, the customer, could trust them. Deflecting to another issue wasn't the point or purpose of said discussion.

Flo has done some great things for wrestling and I hope they can resolve these recurrent issues to improve their product. 

If/when they address their engineering concerns, they need to seriously consider hiring someone to handle communications for them. Having someone like Willie, in particular, act effectively as your spokesperson is embarrassing. Not to mention others, like Kyle Bratke, having temper tantrums about the "journalism" police when Flo is publicly flaunting their ignorance of journalistic practice and ethics.

Given how Flo has gotten to where they are today, their complaints about "bullying" are comical. 

I'd have far more sympathy if they hadn't thrown so much shade for similar issues at UWW and others in the past.

I didn't mind their frustrations about journalism because it is stupid to not report the news because someone didn't want it out yet.

I do agree Willie can come off abrasive and that isn't the best style for a spokesperson though.

I didn't mind their frustrations about journalism because it is stupid to not report the news because someone didn't want it out yet.

I do agree Willie can come off abrasive and that isn't the best style for a spokesperson though.

That's not really the issue though. The issue is reporting accurately. "Has accepted" and "will accept" are two very different things. In addition to rules of attribution, and using primary sources.

Spot on, Im hoping someday they get it together too, but I have been hoping for several years

I just got this email:

Leshismore: it's taking some time to get back to everyone, but we're working hard to respond as quickly as possible. Sorry we let you down.

-Martin

An email in comic sans ms is very professional. Edited by Smedley