Sign in to follow this  
OtisCampbell

Delgado vs Nico

Jeff Byers is from State College and attended Penn State.

He should have passion for his alma mater and is something of a homer for Penn State's wrestlers, but he is very fair in his comments and will call duals that way. He does question what refs do and don't call, but something he doesn't do is make disparaging remarks about any competitors.

Unlike most, that didn't go to the schools they root for, he's no fanboy.

I get passion, and getting worked up, and even being a homer. I just think he overreacts in situations that make little sense to try to make it seem like more is going on then really is. Not only do I find that does not add to the broadcast, I think it takes a lot away from it. But I guess some people like that. It is nice to be able to listen to this stuff that you had no chance of hearing before.

I get passion, and getting worked up, and even being a homer. I just think he overreacts in situations that make little sense to try to make it seem like more is going on then really is. Not only do I find that does not add to the broadcast, I think it takes a lot away from it.

I've listened to him for years, and never heard him "try to make it seem like more is going on then really is". The guys just loves the sport and team he announces for. Like I said, I wish there were more like them. The sport could use guys like him announcing the matches that are on t.v.

I get passion, and getting worked up, and even being a homer. I just think he overreacts in situations that make little sense to try to make it seem like more is going on then really is. Not only do I find that does not add to the broadcast, I think it takes a lot away from it. But I guess some people like that. It is nice to be able to listen to this stuff that you had no chance of hearing before.

A fair and reasonable counter!

I've listened to him for years, and never heard him "try to make it seem like more is going on then really is". The guys just loves the sport and team he announces for. Like I said, I wish there were more like them. The sport could use guys like him announcing the matches that are on t.v.

Agreed. There are plenty of times when I'm listening and wondering if I'm still connected to the internet due to the long silence. If there's little to no action, he's not making sh*t up. I think he's a very fair and great announcer and this sport needs more like him. That said, who does Ok. St, Minn, or tOSU have??

Agreed. There are plenty of times when I'm listening and wondering if I'm still connected to the internet due to the long silence. If there's little to no action, he's not making sh*t up. I think he's a very fair and great announcer and this sport needs more like him. That said, who does Ok. St, Minn, or tOSU have??

Oklahoma State has Rex Holt and Roger Moore.

Just like Harry Carey , if you weren't a Cubs fan you didn't appreciate it, I know as a Cards fan I found him annoying for the same reasons as you stated.

How abour when Harry Carey was the Cardinals' announcer, and his color commentator was...

...Jack Buck

:)