Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

West Virginia

Moisey will be back next season and will be an aa contender. Losing Flynn to missouri hurt a little but he likely wouldn't aa at 165 with how deep the field is. Austin Myers leaving looked like it may be painful as well but he's been relatively unimpressive so far this season.

Moisey will be back next season and will be an aa contender. Losing Flynn to missouri hurt a little but he likely wouldn't aa at 165 with how deep the field is. Austin Myers leaving looked like it may be painful as well but he's been relatively unimpressive so far this

Edited by Housebuye

I cut him a little slack because he is a freshman and looks somewhat like a "tweener". Not a very big or physical 285, especially by d1 standards. I honestly wonder if he cuts down to 197 after cox graduates and 197 empties out a lot (it's already pretty shallow after the top 5)

He looked relatively good majoring Everard at the Scuffle and beating McKiernan last week in OT along with 2 of the Mac heavies who earned 2 bids this year and one bad loss doesnt really wipe out a not so bad year lol but have your fun the years not over yet and in a class dominated by upperclassmen a freshmans career is far from over .

Im sure WV is happy with Myers replacement Two wins against guys not in the top 100 is a start bad spot for a true freshmen .

Marabel is happy there but Bradley the heavyweight coach was gone before last season started and.Caldwell came.and.went.fast.

Edited by MACTruck

Im sure WV is happy with Myers replacement Two wins against guys not in the top 100 is a start bad spot for a true freshmen .

Marabel is happy there but Bradley the heavyweight coach was gone before last season started and.Caldwell came.and.went.fast.

Austin's dad - I understand sticking up for your son, who wouldn't?  And I still have high hopes for him because he's a talented, hard worker and I like the kid.  But please don't come on here and talk trash about Henson or his program.  Bradley found out real fast that coaching wasn't his gig, no shame in that.  Austin wasn't a good fit for Henson, it happens.  Nobody can question Sammie's work ethic or desire to create a culture that reflects his values as a coach.  Marable didn't say a bad word about Austin, please give the staff the same courtesy.  Not everyone at WV was prepared for what it takes to build a winning program, and there will always be casualties in a situation like that.  When Smith came to Mizzou, half the team quit, and he kicked a returning finalist off the team as well.  He seems to have done alright doing things his way, and I expect Henson will do the same.  

Well I didnt say a bad word at all about Marabel .I saw knocks on my kid that were inapropriate imo and I responded Bradley did want to coach as did Caldwell and Austin was the last big recruit to leave he had friends there and wanted nothing more than to fit in succeed BUT he was lied to from rhe start no Bradley no one to help him prepare for fargo when he went early as he was told all around unorder everywhere I have not said anything till this post but the last thing anyone from WV on a thread needs to do is knock anyone who left because trust me you dont know nor does anyone want to know the real issues in that mess.

Best of luck to them and trust me I didnt talk trash I stated facts and only a few .I like athletes everyone deserves a chance or two hopefully Henson learns from his mistakes its not a 5 year curve or whatever though there were studs in place Bailey Faust Austin and the others are all in.a happier place .

Edited by MACTruck

Austin's dad - I understand sticking up for your son, who wouldn't?  And I still have high hopes for him because he's a talented, hard worker and I like the kid.  But please don't come on here and talk trash about Henson or his program.  Bradley found out real fast that coaching wasn't his gig, no shame in that.  Austin wasn't a good fit for Henson, it happens.  Nobody can question Sammie's work ethic or desire to create a culture that reflects his values as a coach.  Marable didn't say a bad word about Austin, please give the staff the same courtesy.  Not everyone at WV was prepared for what it takes to build a winning program, and there will always be casualties in a situation like that.  When Smith came to Mizzou, half the team quit, and he kicked a returning finalist off the team as well.  He seems to have done alright doing things his way, and I expect Henson will do the same.  

Just curious, which returning finalist did Smith kick off the team?

BTW, I think he's a great coach.  I ended up sitting beside his parents one year at the Scuffle.  Great folks!

Well he probably is a great assistant and may be a great head coach one day and hes probably fun to have a beer with but a team needs order and Bradley and Caldwell were well liked as was Marabel but you had other coaches that were not I do not think 8 of the top recruits in the country split because of their own issues DO YOU.

MOISEY WAS A BRIGHT SPOT BUT HE CAME IN A STUD AND DID NOT HAVE THE SAME SUCCESS HIS NEXT YR .

Well he probably is a great assistant and may be a great head coach one day and hes probably fun to have a beer with but a team needs order and Bradley and Caldwell were well liked as was Marabel but you had other coaches that were not I do not think 8 of the top recruits in the country split because of their own issues DO YOU.

MOISEY WAS A BRIGHT SPOT BUT HE CAME IN A STUD AND DID NOT HAVE THE SAME SUCCESS HIS NEXT YR .

Just for info my comment was about Coach Smith of Mizzou.

Oh yes my bad didnt pick that up yes Smith is very level headed and a bit more orderly hate to see his team beat up with injuries and would have loved to see Austin win a few more close ones but I think looking at Mizzous schedule and.what any heavy would face on it this yr he still has high hopes for his team and Austins future .

.Not sure hes a beer guy but he would probably love to unwind after this crasy season.