Sign in to follow this  
WillieBoy

Pac 12 - Oregon State, Stanford or ASU?

I put these three as I don't see anyone else having a chance to win it. No matter their ranking I don't see Stanford as taking the title even while being ranked higher than Oregon State.

Zalesky's guys have won the conference the past five years and he will have his guys ready. Big fish in the small pond compared to the school he left. Not ranked in the top 25 it is possible they will overtake Stanford and place second this year. Don't see them on top.

Arizona State University is hungry and looking to make a statement. The program is on the rise and in a conference that is not a major threat to the big boys they can finish on top.

ASU should have champs at 157, 165,174 and HVWT. They have a shot at 149 as well. 

There is no doubt that they will place highest at NCAAs, however with a shallow field, a borderline top 20 guy could score as many points as Zahid in the conference tournament.

ASU is the best team, but isn't a lock to win the conference. 

I think ASU has the most guarantee'd points. It is a weak division so they should be able to pick up enough from the rest to win it reasonably easy.  

Yep, I agree. And more fun will be watching how they do in St Louie. Looking for a champ there at 174.  Also two to three placers. Hopefully more. We shall soon see : )

Yep, I agree. And more fun will be watching how they do in St Louie. Looking for a champ there at 174. Also two to three placers. Hopefully more. We shall soon see : )

I think Shields may sneak on the podium too. They could have 4 AAs and finish top 10. Pretty crazy, especially if you add Tsirtis and Milhof, plus Nasir and one or two others who have potential.

I think Shields may sneak on the podium too. They could have 4 AAs and finish top 10. Pretty crazy, especially if you add Tsirtis and Milhof, plus Nasir and one or two others who have potential.

What happened to Nasir this tear?  I haven't seen him competing for ASU in a long time.  Will he be back for PAC 10s ?

Hopefully Stanford but they'll need some good performances from their other guys.  Butler will need to beat Hall again and good performances at 125 & 133.

Well I do like Stanford. One of our boys graduated from Stanford. Ya know - I'm just  thinking that (this year) the Cardinal  just do not have the 'pop' needed to go deep into  the tourneys.