Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Taylor dominates and almost gets pinned

Eh. I'm a Taylor fan. I enjoy the way he wrestles. Looked like he was flat for a second then bridged out. If there would have been ten more seconds on the clock Taylor would've been in trouble. Sometimes trying to roll out of that position can cinch it tighter and I don't think Taylor has much experience in getting off his back. I spent quite a bit of time there myself so I feel I'm qualified to speak on the matter.

Eh. I'm a Taylor fan. I enjoy the way he wrestles. Looked like he was flat for a second then bridged out. If there would have been ten more seconds on the clock Taylor would've been in trouble. Sometimes trying to roll out of that position can cinch it tighter and I don't think Taylor has much experience in getting off his back. I spent quite a bit of time there myself so I feel I'm qualified to speak on the matter.

lol, I only have the audio, but Byers made it sound very, very, bad for Taylor.

He was only flat for the minds of people who wanted to see him lose. The ref was right there for several seconds.

As a die hard PSU fan I do not doubt you believe this. However, I am then interested in your opinion of the Churella/Hendricks match. Since they were both saved by the end of a period I want to see if you call them the same way when it isn't your team it happens to.

He was only flat for the minds of people who wanted to see him lose. The ref was right there for several seconds.

As a die hard PSU fan I do not doubt you believe this. However, I am then interested in your opinion of the Churella/Hendricks match. Since they were both saved by the end of a period I want to see if you call them the same way when it isn't your team it happens to.

99% of refs would have awarded Churella the pin.

The 1% that wouldn't/didn't called that match.

did he get reversed to his back or almost defensive fall?

He had legs in and was working hard for the tech. He got too high and was pulled over onto his back.

125: Nico by Fall over Delgado

133: Conaway decision Thomas 8-6

141: Pearsall decision Rodriguez 2-0

149: Alton decision Ervin 6-3

157: Alton major Nora 14-6

165: Taylor decision Polz 13-7

174: Brown decision Blanton 6-4

184: Ruth by fall over Dallago

197: Quentin decision 4-2

285: Lawson decision Lopez 9-4

PSU 37

Illinois 0

I stepped away for a couple of seconds, but heard the crowd roar, so I quickly returned to see DT on his back and the ref looking close. I couldn't tell if he was completely flat, and then time ran out.

DT kind of tossed his head gear and looked pissed. Did Polz get any NF points?

I stepped away for a couple of seconds, but heard the crowd roar, so I quickly returned to see DT on his back and the ref looking close. I couldn't tell if he was completely flat, and then time ran out.

DT kind of tossed his head gear and looked pissed. Did Polz get any NF points?

He got 2 for the reversal and 3 NF.

It was 13-2 and ended up 13-7.

Taylor needs to start stickin' people- as -we start the home stretch to the NCAA tourney.

Shape should not be an issue for a team (this time of the season) coached by the professor. Alton included.

65 to 97 should provide lots of points. Am I letting out a secret ?

Taylor needs to start stickin' people- as -we start the home stretch to the NCAA tourney.

Shape should not be an issue for a team (this time of the season) coached by the professor. Alton included.

65 to 97 should provide lots of points. Am I letting out a secret ?

While you're right, realize that Taylor (along with Ruth, the Altons, and QW) has stuck more than a few people already this season. Some of these opponents are pretty good, at least good enough to keep from being pinned, especially when they are stepping on the mat with that as their only attainable goal