Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Suriano?

There's no way to really know until B1Gs unless he was suddenly deemed out for the season.  Otherwise, the coaches and athlete will (wisely) keep his status under wraps and put out positive news regardless of if it's true.

Vak

Do you think….positive news "regardless of if it's true." Do coaches actually put that sort of stuff out on the street ? : ) Even the always, ever trusted coach -and- professor of college wrestling ?

Targeting that injured ankle ? Is there an unwritten code, amongst coaches, that may suggest my wrestlers will not hang on an injured ankle for even a few seconds ? I was 'just thinking'.

Vak

Do you think….positive news "regardless of if it's true." Do coaches actually put that sort of stuff out on the street ? : ) Even the always, ever trusted coach -and- professor of college wrestling ?

Targeting that injured ankle ? Is there an unwritten code, amongst coaches, that may suggest my wrestlers will not hang on an injured ankle for even a few seconds ? I was 'just thinking'.

I think all coaches will try to put out positive information about their injured wrestlers, even if it's not REALLY true, as an extra layer of protection.

I think all coaches will try to put out positive information about their injured wrestlers, even if it's not REALLY true, as an extra layer of protection.

Okay. We will soon see if Suriano is close to his pre-injury self. 

Agreed. I hope Suriano is healthy.

But damn, his reaction at the time suggests he won't be Ok.

Askren said on his podcast that if Suriano isn't really injured, he is a drama queen.

Edited by nom

Flo reports that the decision will be made on the day of the B1G

He could go the way Dustin Schlatter qualified,  get no seed in the B1G,  forfeit his matches (though he has to weigh in) and get a couple more weeks of rest for the NCAAs.  

Penn State's Nick Suriano is a "game-time decision" for the Nittany Lions heading into this weekend's Big Ten Championships, PSU coach Cael Sanderson said on Monday.

Game?! Wrestling isn't a "game," who is this Sanderson fellow!?

So, you admit to pretending to know i'm an idiot....making me a non-idiot?

You need to find greater self awareness, and a better understanding of what being an idiot means. But since you are an idiot, this might be a difficult find for you. 

Tons of misdirection information. 'Insiders' and coach saying he's fine. Now it is a game time decision.

It definitely looked bad to me. Have been surprised by the folks saying no biggie.

Pulling for the kid but I'll be impressed if he makes it deep into either tournament.

Mr Hammer, 

You are typically coming to my college wrestling forum…to cause trouble. I don't like that Mr Hammer. That bothers me a lot. Typically - it would seem obvious to lots of folks -  that you

have little or no bonafide information that could possibly add to the quality of the topics. So, it is with that notion that I respectively ask  you to please try your best to stay with the topic. Or,

should you not feel comfortable with a topic, simpy back out. If you get negative in a hostile manner - that can add to chaos and ruin/hijac a topic. Yes, many of us are guilty of sending a 

post that could be considered as negative in nature.  I am not excluded from that group. Although, not many folks do that (negative card) as regularly as you do. Please don't do that

anymore. I know that you can improve on the aforementioned issues, no doubt.   

Edited by denny

Tons of misdirection information. 'Insiders' and coach saying he's fine. Now it is a game time decision.

It definitely looked bad to me. Have been surprised by the folks saying no biggie.

Pulling for the kid but I'll be impressed if he makes it deep into either tournament.

Nom, well put. Yes, I too am surprised that many think that he simply rehabs for a wk.,whirl-pools & back on the mats. Often it is just not quite that simple. Any of us who have turned an ankle- know about saying "he's fine"  I think that many here, know that it can take wks -even months to get back to even 80 %  And the beat goes on.

Edited by denny