Sign in to follow this  
leshismore

No Dylan Palacio at the NCO? Is he done for the season?

He hasn't wrestled enough this year for me to really expect him to make any serious run in March if he even goes.

I'll reserve comment until after EIWA. If he can perform at 157, he is dangerous at NCAA. 157 is not very strong after the top 4-5 imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He hasn't wrestled enough this year for me to really expect him to make any serious run in March if he even goes.

That may be so - but he did almost the same last year, wrestling in only 4 duals (he's been is 5 this year).  This year he does seem to be struggling with the weight more.  With Dylan - I wouldn't bet too much either way.

He's great to watch. Coaches and teammates like him. Leaves it on mat . Yes Nolf is special, but even when he had David Taylor he went after him. Got beat up. But he did wrestle him didn't clam up looking keep it close. He tried to win. plus he's 1-0 this year.

Edited by cangemi

sc he makes finals he will be above 170 and anything can happen. Has to get there first

If he wrestles Nolf he gets hammered.  Completely fresh and with no weight issues Nolf kills him.  Bad weight cutting and little mat time isn't a recipe for making it closer.  I'll take Nolf by MD but I think TF is more likely than a regular decision.

Bob probably odds say your right

and all reasonable thinking.

Allow me to have my moment and hope the match happens. Make it exciting

Frank C

I understand what it's like being a fan.  I probably wouldn't be so high on Nolf if he hadn't been destroying Joe Smith the past year plus.  Your fandom makes you believe Palacio has a chance, mine makes me hope Nolf is just that good and Joe can still salvage his season.

That's partly Nolf but mostly Joe. He has actually regressed this year. I get the injury is a factor. But I think his mind, and confidence, took a big toll in the procsss.

My mind tells me you are entirely right.  I really don't think he should have come out of RS this year.  Cael slow playing Hall convinced John they had a chance, so they brought back a still not healthy Smith in mid December and shelved him by mid January.  He clearly isn't right.  I'd be thrilled if he matched last year's 7th.

Tough call on Jo Jo.

With 157 being arguably the weakest weight class this season, its hard to criticize Coach Smith for wrestling Joseph...... especially when he is one of the highest returning placers at the weight.

And, not knowing how Suriano, Cortez, Joseph, Morelli, Nickal (up a weight), Cutch (up a weight), and Nevills (injury background) would fare, how could Okie State not feel that they were not a legitimate Title Contender ?