Sign in to follow this  
hummer126

Zahid Valencia duck under

The half was almost as impressive...running that right over the top on a D1 wrestler is pretty crazy.

I admit it was impressive, however I had multiple JUCO teammates beat D1 starters (although it happens much less often than not), so the guy he's wrestling needs to be taken into account. Dewey obviously isn't bad at 23 - 13 on the season and in the PAC-12 finals, but just saying "on a D1 wrestler" is a bit of a misstatement. They get beat (and put on their backs) by guys from all the other divisions more than you'd think. Plus, Zahid is so separated from the rest of the guys outside the top 20 that this really didn't surprise me much. It was pretty awesome though. 

CA thanks for the twitter. That was insane. Zahid is a force. I really hope we get to see Zahid-Hall at NCAAs. 

Z V is a large 74 pounder. Not much disagreement about that. Although, each time I see Hall on the mat I'm thinking that he is at best a medium sized 74.

So, if we are fortunate enough these 2 'should' meet on a Sat night. It may seem, at first sight that they are not in the same weight class. Just sayin'

I admit it was impressive, however I had multiple JUCO teammates beat D1 starters (although it happens much less often than not), so the guy he's wrestling needs to be taken into account. Dewey obviously isn't bad at 23 - 13 on the season and in the PAC-12 finals, but just saying "on a D1 wrestler" is a bit of a misstatement. They get beat (and put on their backs) by guys from all the other divisions more than you'd think. Plus, Zahid is so separated from the rest of the guys outside the top 20 that this really didn't surprise me much. It was pretty awesome though. 

The guy is by definition a "D1 wrestler." I agree that he's not a top guy, but how can you try to diminish the fact that Zahid ran over a D1 opponent? 

The guy is by definition a "D1 wrestler." I agree that he's not a top guy, but how can you try to diminish the fact that Zahid ran over a D1 opponent?

I'm not diminishing anyone's achievement. It was impressive, no doubt. Did you even read my whole post? My argument is that there is less separation between the lower tier of D1 and the rest of non-D1 college wrestling than most people think. I'd actually be more impressed if he ran over Lefever that way than the Boise State guy. It's not the class, rather the individual...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z V is a large 74 pounder. Not much disagreement about that. Although, each time I see Hall on the mat I'm thinking that he is at best a medium sized 74.

So, if we are fortunate enough these 2 'should' meet on a Sat night. It may seem, at first sight that they are not in the same weight class. Just sayin'

denny, I'd rather we see Zahid vs. Hall on Saturday morning as opposed to Saturday night. 

Wow, that was a slick duck under! Zahid's record is impressive. Has he beaten top level guys this year? He horsed that dude over with a half which is not something you typically see against the top studs.

He beat Realbuto who is ranked #2 3-2. He also has wins over a few other ranked guys

Certainly a slight misstatement on my part; 'college wrestler' would have sufficed just as well, as I was trying to distinguish that you normally don't see that get run right over the top past high school mismatches.