Sign in to follow this  
RED

Dean vs. Taylor?

It's a tough leap. Who remembers Howe tossing Taylor around like a rag doll?

I know what an amazing leap of levels DT has made. Honestly more than I have ever seen in all my years of wrestling. The very next year he techs Howe for 3rd place. Then the next year he takes JB to the brink. Now this year he is beating top guy a weight up! Never seen anything like it. For example Cael was beating world champs his first year on senior level in 2000 and stayed around that level maybe a bit better.

I know what an amazing leap of levels DT has made. Honestly more than I have ever seen in all my years of wrestling. The very next year he techs Howe for 3rd place. Then the next year he takes JB to the brink. Now this year he is beating top guy a weight up! Never seen anything like it. For example Cael was beating world champs his first year on senior level in 2000 and stayed around that level maybe a bit better.

Sanderson was 17/6 in 2000 (freestyle) fwiw.

Ray Brinzer beat him that year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sanderson was 17/6 in 2000 (freestyle) fwiw.

Ray Brinzer beat him that year.

Cael had a win over an Olympic champ his first year in 2000 and almost beat Gutches. I know he had some other loses but I was saying he came right out at a high level........ could you imagine Taylor beating an Olympic champ his first year? Taylor's learning curve and advancement every year the last 3 years has been amazing! I never would have guessed it after watching his first full year at the senior level. 

Speaking of Cael, it would have been interesting to see if he had he competed a little longer on international side of things. I think he could've gotten a couple of more World medals and possibly a title. I think it was in 2002, we didn't send our guys/team to compete because it was deemed unsafe. I would've like to see how he and the rest of the team would've done had they been able to compete.

Cael had a win over an Olympic champ his first year in 2000 and almost beat Gutches. I know he had some other loses but I was saying he came right out at a high level........ could you imagine Taylor beating an Olympic champ his first year? Taylor's learning curve and advancement every year the last 3 years has been amazing! I never would have guessed it after watching his first full year at the senior level.

Who was the Olympic Champ he beat in 2000?

Who was the Olympic Champ he beat in 2000?

Magomedov at world cup was like 8-1. That is huge under old rules and then a 6-5 loss he blew when dominating the match vs Gutches. Cael was at a very high level his first year and hated freestyle on top of it! He didnt wrestle much in 2001 and shows up at 2001 trials and destroys everyone. Then decides he doesnt want to go to the worlds because he wants to concentrate on folk-his backup goes who he beat by a combined score of 15-0 and wins silver. He most likely is a world champ at 19 in 2001. Then it gets cancelled in 2002 From 2000-2004 Cael really didn't wrestle that much mostly from his dislike of freestyle. Then he retires and begins to love it and comes back 7 years later! -and wins trials. Cael should have had better people around him back then. Still won Olympic Gold though.

Anyway Taylor's learning curve seems to be steeper and who knows if he keeps improving he may slick not just Cox but also Saduleav! 

Edited by PRyan2012