Sign in to follow this  
lu_alum

Kutler

Was there ever an explanation?

Yes. Kind of. Story is he went bat**** trying to get to 118 flat for Big 12'a and basically said "eff it". I grew up wrestling with him so I've pieced together a few things over the years and the above is the basics of what happened. He also had a really bad back issue that just drove him to not being able to compete. He ended up getting g on a bus and heading back to central PA. Sound familiar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about Minotti? Heard he lost the wrestle-off at 65. Dude was a 2-time all-American in his last year of eligibility. Hate to see injuries have such a big impact on an athlete's season, especially their final year. Reminiscent of Matt McD and Dylan Alton, among others.

Wildasin was cutting way too hard. Even for back in the day with night before weigh-ins. I believe he would have been an AA-level guy a weight up.

I think it was 1994.  He must not have been able to beat out Nick Purler who was their 126 that year...ended up winning B1G8s and placing 7th at NCAAs

Edited by gromit