Sign in to follow this  
brickhousey

Youtsey

Would it be the post season without youtsey coming in with a losing record?

Has there ever been someone with little success in season that turns it on as much as him in the post season?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mark Branch. Qualified for the NCAAs in 1994 with an 8-9 record. Was unseeded, and won 5 straight to become NCAA champ. Beat the #2 seed in the first round 12-2 which should've been a wakeup call for the rest at 167 that year.

Not to rain on the Youtsey parade...but how good is he wrestling? The guy sat out the vast majority of the year...can't be good for a guy's chops. I'd like to see him AA, but seems like an uphill battle. On the other hand, maybe not being banged up after a full year of wrestling will be a benefit.

Not to rain on the Youtsey parade...but how good is he wrestling? The guy sat out the vast majority of the year...can't be good for a guy's chops. I'd like to see him AA, but seems like an uphill battle. On the other hand, maybe not being banged up after a full year of wrestling will be a benefit.

He's got some really good wins. During the season he's an average wrestler. It's just the wrestle backs where he comes to wrestle.

All aside I just think it would be really cool for a guy to get called mid season at last resort and AA. He's kind of the definition of what happened during the season doesn't matter come tournament time.

^^^really good wins in his career, not this year

I didn't realize he was a two timer AA, until this thread.

I've known guys like that. Guys who stunk, until they saw the shiny medals/trophies at tournies! Then try to stop them from getting that bling, lol.

Mark Branch. Qualified for the NCAAs in 1994 with an 8-9 record. Was unseeded, and won 5 straight to become NCAA champ. Beat the #2 seed in the first round 12-2 which should've been a wakeup call for the rest at 167 that year.

Interesting - didn't know that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mario Stuart. 2x AA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart in 2001 as a freshman entered the NCAA tournament with a 5-9 record. He ended up placing 5th and finishing 9-11. 

As a senior in 2004 he entered the NCAA tournament with a 15-8 record and placed 4th. Record 20-10. 

Bobbe Lowe as a sophomore in 2003 took 8th place with a 19-20 record.