Sign in to follow this  
brickhousey

Youtsey

Very strong gas tank and he stays very heavy on the head the entire match. If he is in striking distance halfway through the 3rd, most sucked out 125s are in seriousl trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would actually disagree as to the gas tank. I think he actually doesn't have a strong gas tank and being heavy on the head is simply a strategy to counter that. 

I would actually disagree as to the gas tank. I think he actually doesn't have a strong gas tank and being heavy on the head is simply a strategy to counter that. 

Hard to win that many key matches against high end opponents in the last seconds without having a strong gas tank no matter how you hang on the head.  Being heavy on the head takes a ton of energy.  That is why it is most often the weapon of guys that have the tank to use it.  Recent guys like Howe, Metcalf, Dean and Nolf expend a TON of energy, but just have that much more left at the end than nearly every opponent they face.

Hard to win that many key matches against high end opponents in the last seconds without having a strong gas tank no matter how you hang on the head.  Being heavy on the head takes a ton of energy.  That is why it is most often the weapon of guys that have the tank to use it.  Recent guys like Howe, Metcalf, Dean and Nolf expend a TON of energy, but just have that much more left at the end than nearly every opponent they face.

Please don't compare Youtsey to those guys lol. 

Yeah I think we just disagree. I think Youtsey was particularly heavy on the head to slow down Lizak. With today's rules you really can't play the cat and mouse game from distance because you'll get banged for stalling. A front headlock, on the other hand, is a great way to slow a guy down.