sansbarksdale

FRL complaints

Let me start this off by saying when Willie and CP are actually talking wrestling, I enjoy the show and the analysis they provide. But for the love of God I don't tune in to listen to stories of CP being pulled over or where Willie shops for clothes, spending 20 minutes talking about their love for slim jims. I think at some point you got the lines crossed that people tune in for you as personalities and I assure you that is not the case. Is there any other weekly wrestling podcasts out there that center around discussion of the latest news and results? Askren and Rowlands show is probably the best one but it seems like it's too infrequent that episodes are released. 

I've thought about posting something like this as well but have held off. I really like what Flo has done but I've been too negative recently. But ... since this is out there ... I agree. Some banter can make it fun but they are now taking it too far. Now, if the banter was interesting / funny - few would complain. But while some is (I did laugh out loud when Ceyon (sp?) ate the hot pepper and they were in awe at his profuse sweating all while Ceyon continued speaking as if nothing was up) .... much is not.

They also tend to make a point about something .... and then repeat the point ...,. And then repeat the point ..... and then repeat the point .... and then repeat the point. I get that it can help to make a point from different angles but often, there are no different angles being provided.

Hey, these guys are not professionals at this but they clearly love wrestling and they have a passion for it. That is great ... I still listen. I do enjoy it overall.

Different podcast - Jason Bryant --- he can't seem to ask a question succinctly. He asks it and then runs on and on thinking he needs to clarify something in the ask ... but it takes soooo long to actually finish his thought and by the end it seems tortured. I do wonder if it is a professional courtesy tactic to give his interviewee time to come up with a decent answer.

Still - I really appreciate the work all out into these podcasts and I do like them!!! Often great content!!!!

I always think of this exact thing when I listen to Flo. 

CP and Willie are all ego, which I believe may be hard to hide as a journalist :)  I think they interject and put way to much personal spin on what they report.  I want to hear the stories and how they impact the sport of wrestling, not a long drawn out spin of what they two guys think about it.  They should interview other individuals that hold weight in the wrestling community to get their opinion on things.

Not some JV guy from Va. and Bald guy. 

With that being said, I wonder about of all of them, who actually has some educational background in journalism.   I believe JB did go to school for it.  Any insight?

Edited by scrambler

I agree that the most recent FRL is the worst one they have done.  Especially with conferences coming up and they chose to talk about everything but wrestling.   In the same week, T-Row and Funky probably had their best show with David Taylor.  If I was a D1 AD, i would be going after DT immediately.  He just gets the sport of wrestling. 

Edited by jeffr_ideal

Last 2 episodes were the worst. They need to cease with the long winded stories that end up as shouting matches and talk more wrestling.

The happy medium isn't 40 min wrestling / 20 min junk, it is 56 min wrestling / 4 min junk. The weather, their diets, their driving habits, the local sports bar, impersonations by the camera guy, wardrope takes...etc. are all junk filler.

Edited by TBar1977

I have no complaints. I swear people just look for schiet to complain about. The running order and topics are posted below the video with the rough start time of topics discussed. I very simply just skip past the stuff I don't want to hear.

I believe Willie and CP have degrees in journalism, but what does that matter, every podcast incorporates the hosts personality.

I have no complaints. I swear people just look for schiet to complain about. The running order and topics are posted below the video with the rough start time of topics discussed. I very simply just skip past the stuff I don't want to hear.

I believe Willie and CP have degrees in journalism, but what does that matter, every podcast incorporates the hosts personality.

Pyles smug 'know it all / can do no wrong' attitude/personality is very tiresome and played out. He is always bashing someone or something.

Pyles smug 'know it all / can do no wrong' attitude/personality is very tiresome and played out. He is always bashing someone or something.

I don't mind it ... but frankly I'm surprised it doesn't wear thin on Willie.  Pyles is always putting him down.

Pyles and Willie are fine by me. Willie is not greater or lesser, they are very good peers. The show wouldn't be the same without both of them going back and forth. I like that they disagree regularly, giving the show a point/counterpoint dynamic.

They go off topic too much, but clearly they're interesting enough for a growing base of listeners to tune in regularly. The table of content makes it easy to skip to the parts that are wrestling-related anyway. I'd complain if that didn't exist, but with it, I really don't mind.

good lord you guys like to bitch about everything

its been said before and it'll be said again, its unbelievable how much wrestling people complain that there isn't enough wrestling "stuff" but then turn around and patronize the only wrestling "stuff" there is.

if you have such a problem/complaint with it GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOURSELF.  stop running to the message boards/comments section and crying.

rant over.

I agree that the most recent FRL is the worst one they have done.  Especially with conferences coming up and they chose to talk about everything but wrestling.   In the same week, T-Row and Funky probably had their best show with David Taylor.  If I was a D1 AD, i would be going after DT immediately.  He just gets the sport of wrestling. 

I'm going to second that David Taylor episode was outstanding.  Great to hear that level of both introspection and self analysis of his process, combined with overarching wrestling philosophy and strong critique of the state of the sport on multiple levels.  Smart guy.

good lord you guys like to bitch about everything

its been said before and it'll be said again, its unbelievable how much wrestling people complain that there isn't enough wrestling "stuff" but then turn around and patronize the only wrestling "stuff" there is.

if you have such a problem/complaint with it GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOURSELF.  stop running to the message boards/comments section and crying.

rant over.

Constructive criticism and honest feedback is a good thing. I, as a consumer, am just voicing my opinion on the product. That is what forums are for. If you don't like it start a forum where it's nothing but high fives and bro hugs because everything in wrestling is awesome all the time.

Constructive criticism and honest feedback is a good thing. I, as a consumer, am just voicing my opinion on the product. That is what forums are for. If you don't like it start a forum where it's nothing but high fives and bro hugs because everything in wrestling is awesome all the time.

Absolutely awesome post bro. A big high 5 to you. I enjoyed every word, syllable, and letter of this beautiful post. Luv ya man!

They took the criticism to heart it seems. 

I do like when they talk about personal things, I listen to a few podcasts and it seems normal to talk about a few life things here and there.

I do agree the last show before conferences got a bit out of hand but, overall I do like the show and the constructive criticism was completely warranted.