He just landed the biggest recruit Iowa has had since Metcalf, and Lee is actually an even bigger recruit. Not to mention Teasdale, another PA monster going west. Both guys cited the Brands brothers as primary reasons. Brands isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Edited by VakAttack

He just landed through biggest recruit Iowa has had since Metcalf, and Lee is actually an even bigger recruit. Not to mention Teasdale, another PA monster going west. Both guys cited the Brands brothers as primary reasons. Brands isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Who can you get that's an upgrade for Tom Brands? Jordan Burroughs?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ohio State did everything they had to do to win the B1Gs.

Penn State under-performed at 2 weights, but were helped slightly by Joseph and McCutcheon wrestling above their seeds and beating guys they had each lost to in dual meets (Cutch's win over a guy that had pinned him).

A healthy Suriano may have provided 15-17 or so points, which would have probably made the difference.

Not having him go was the best thing.  I've had a very similar injury, so I'm somewhat familiar with the healing process - he won't be 100%, but he's likely to be healthy enough to where his skill and ability will put him on the podium.

One other thing about OSU. Ryan has been as good as any coach in getting his freshmen in the finals - with 3 being champs (ironically, the one that lost was Snyder). I know Moore will have a tough task in getting there - and even a bigger one with whom he's likely to face.  But anything can happen!

The BTN OW (not the official one, I don't think) went to NaTo which is...an interesting decisioon.  I could see it going to a bunch of guys before NaTo based on this tournament alone.

I think I would rank it:

1.  Kollin Moore

2.  Sammy Brooks

3.  Zain Retherford (just a weak weight overall)

It's shameful that they did not give Sammy Brooks a spotlight interview.

That alone would have gotten him the BTN award!

Maybe you're right. As an OSU fan and a fan of having a team race I hope they are on the same side and meet in the quarters, because I think Martin is the only one beside Dean with a chance of beating Nickal. As a fan of Nickal and great finals matches I hope they don't match up so we can see Dean vs Nickal.

Brooks absolutely can beat Bo but I doubt he does. He's a guy who leaves too many openings that Bo will dive on. He certainly has the skill though. Jmo

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Brooks absolutely can beat Bo but I doubt he does. He's a guy who leaves too many openings that Bo will dive on. He certainly has the skill though. Jmo

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't think so.  I think Bo has too much offense for Brooks.  I think if he falls behind like he did against Martin, he has little trouble coming back.  I think if Brooks tries to play it close and win late, Nickal picks him apart.  Brooks looks like he's wearing cement shoes next to Nickal.  

I don't think so. I think Bo has too much offense for Brooks. I think if he falls behind like he did against Martin, he has little trouble coming back. I think if Brooks tries to play it close and win late, Nickal picks him apart. Brooks looks like he's wearing cement shoes next to Nickal.

I don't see that at all. Cement shoes? In the little time we've seen them wrestle, it wasn't speed or quickness that was the difference between them. Brooks hit a beautiful single and got in with surprising ease (at least surprising to me). The finish, well, not so good. If anything, I think it may be too much defense, not offense, that Nickal has over Brooks. Brooks is nowhere near as consistent as Nickal, but when he is on, he has the tools to beat him. Look at what he did to Martin, also a very good offensive wrestler with a big length and leverage advantage over Brooks.

Bo pinned Brooks in 38 seconds the last time they met. I don't think he's shaking in his boots at the prospect of another matchup.

What does quaking in his boots have to do with what anyone said? Nobody claimed Brooks strikes fear in Nickal's heart. He did just major an NCAA champ that beat Nickal to win the B1Gs, though. Using almost the same move that said NCAA champ used to put Nickal on his back. To completely ignore the possibility of him beating Nickal is foolhardy. Nickal isn't exactly the most conservative wrestler in the world, and Brooks is clearly skilled enough to wrestle very well against elite opponents.

I wouldn't predict Brooks over Nickal even after this weekend, but it certainly wouldn't shock me in the least if it happened.

Edited by wrestlingnerd