Sign in to follow this  
rda

Seeding 174

Looking at that weight with about 1.5 months to go into the season you could almost put the top 12 names in a hat and draw them out for seeding. It will clearly be a crap shoot on the National Champion come March which is very intriguing.

Agreed. There are many interesting weights but this one has risen to the top. Luckily for us it's because of great wrestling and not the lack of talent at the weight.

Even B1G tournament will be insane.

Quickly off the top of my head, right now (and taking a quick look at the rankings), I'd say the seedings would go something like:

1. Storley

2. Kokesh

3. Perry

4. Asper

5. Evans

6. Brown

7. Heflin

8. Blanton

9. Stauffer

10. Brown

11. Munster

12. Zanetti.

Why not just put Matt Brown into #1? (I am just moving the discussion along to the inevitable)

I wouldn't put it past Intermat to rank him #1 tomorrow(not serious, well kinda, maybe sorta). The lovefest they have had for him so far along with Perry losing I am truly interested to see how they rank this weight tomorrow.

The thing with brown is when he wrestled Ruth close at the southern scuffle a year ago. He's good, but way overhyped by the machine.

Give me a break. He just beat Blanton. At least his hype isnt predicated on his high school career like Villalonga or Peppelman.

Quickly off the top of my head, right now (and taking a quick look at the rankings), I'd say the seedings would go something like:

1. Storley

2. Kokesh

3. Perry

4. Asper

5. Evans

6. Brown

7. Heflin

8. Blanton

9. Stauffer

10. Brown

11. Munster

12. Zanetti.

Not a bad list. Would like to see some quality wins from Asper to justify him being top 5.

NCAA seeding will be determined by the B1G tournament. What we DO know now is that the B1G tournament seeds will be:

1 Storely

2 Evans/Kokesh winner

3 Evans/Kokesh loster

4 Brown/Heflin winner

5 Brown/Heflin loser

6 Blanton

7 Munster

8 Yates

Put Perry at #2/3 and Asper at #5 along with the top 6 in order at the B1G tournament and you probably have your top 8 NCAA seeds.

If Evans wins, Perry is #2. Kokesh wins Perry is #3.

So assuming seeds hold at the B1G tournament (they won't, but whatever), here are your top 8 NCAA seeds:

1 Storely

2 Kokesh/Perry

3 Perry/Evans

4 Evans/Kokesh

5 Asper

6 Brown/Heflin

7 Brown/Heflin

8 Blanton

Why wouldn't Perry be the #1 seed? He is the highest returner and has one loss against a guy he's beaten twice and a win over the guy everyone here is saying will be #1. Is the assumption that Storley and Perry will meet at the National Duals with Storley winning?

That's fair enough. I was talking about seedings rather than rankings, and I'm not sure how one could justify seeding Storley #1 based on the season so far or even the rest of the season assuming both he and Perry go undefeated the rest of the way. If Perry loses again to someone he hasn't beaten or Storley wins at the National Duals, then there's more to talk about when it comes to seeding.

That's fair enough. I was talking about seedings rather than rankings, and I'm not sure how one could justify seeding Storley #1 based on the season so far or even the rest of the season assuming both he and Perry go undefeated the rest of the way. If Perry loses again to someone he hasn't beaten or Storley wins at the National Duals, then there's more to talk about when it comes to seeding.

This happens all the time. I distinctly remember Kyle Dake being seeded behind Frank Molinaro despite defeating him and having the same number of losses, but Dake lost closer to the end of the season.

This happens all the time. I distinctly remember Kyle Dake being seeded behind Frank Molinaro despite defeating him and having the same number of losses, but Dake lost closer to the end of the season.

Happened to Trent Washington of Northern Iowa at the Midlands. Zach Tanelli was seeded and he wasn't, despite the fact that he had pinned Tanelli a week or two prior to the Midlands. Never understood why Tanelli had such trouble with Washington, but he always did. Tanelli could beat guys that Washington couldn't beat, but he couldn't beat Washington.

That is a pretty good example. The difference is that Dake's loss was immediately before the tournament being seeded whereas Perry's is seven weeks out. I will still predict that Perry will be the #1 seed if he wins out, even if he does not meet Storley again.

That is a pretty good example. The difference is that Dake's loss was immediately before the tournament being seeded whereas Perry's is seven weeks out. I will still predict that Perry will be the #1 seed if he wins out, even if he does not meet Storley again.

Your post at least insinuates that timing of a loss shouldn't matter if one wrestler has a head to head win and they have the same number of losses. You can't have it both ways.