Sign in to follow this  
WalterWhite

Biggest Upset in BIG 10 Finals

Me that the concession stand advertised pizza, but they aren't serving any.

Second choice is Gilman getting upset at his opponent, cause well that's what Gilman does.

The Neb fans will be upset when Gilman pulls off his Trump style powerplay handshake at the end of his match with Lambert

Medbery over Snyder would be biggest upset but it won't happen.

Moore over Pfarr

Word

Second choice is Gilman getting upset at his opponent, cause well that's what Gilman does.

Gilman has issues and I'm sure he relates with Terry best.

Edited by stp

125:  Gilman wins easily.  No upset

133:  Gonna be Dyn-O-Mite!  Rooting for NaTo, but wouldn't be surprised if Clark wins.  I wouldn't call either an upset, but if Clark wins, it's a "minor" upset.

141:  Ashnault wins easily.

149:  Zain wins a controlled match.  IF Micah can get a couple TDs like last time, and avoid being turned, it could be "interesting".  Not calling an upset.

157:  Nolf wins with one leg and one arm tied behind his back... even against Kemmerer.

165:  UPSET ALERT:  Calling Massa over IMART...

174:  Calling Hall over BoJo.  Rooting for both guys actually to lay it on the line.  If Hall does win, it should be a "minor" upset.  If BoJo wins, it'll be "partially expected".

184:  MyMar over Brooks.  Holy Cow.  MyMar is our sports version of Reggie Jackson.  Instead of Mr. October, he's Mr. March!  :-)

197:  I think Pfarr wins, but wouldn't be surprised if Moore pulls off the minor upset here.

HWT:  Snyder wins.  Did anyone watch Medbery's post semi-final interview on track?  He didn't come out and say it, but... he was already speaking in terms of "just having fun", because of how "awesome" Snyder is... so... already admitting an impending defeat.  No real "harm" per se in that... but... if this is #1 vs. #2, and the #2 is already "conceding"... Wow... that says A LOT about Snyder (that we already know of course...)

So... Massa over IMART is my pick for Upset of the Big 10 Finals.  Not sure if I'll get it, but, worth a try in making the pick!

HWT:  Snyder wins.  Did anyone watch Medbery's post semi-final interview on track?  He didn't come out and say it, but... he was already speaking in terms of "just having fun", because of how "awesome" Snyder is... so... already admitting an impending defeat.  No real "harm" per se in that... but... if this is #1 vs. #2, and the #2 is already "conceding"... Wow... that says A LOT about Snyder (that we already know of course...)

You can take it that way or that Medbery is as a stud who understands he's the underdog but still plans to compete.  Medbery has size as his advantage.   I'd say crazier upsets have happened but C.Med over K.Snyder may be tops.     Still don't think it'll happen,,,,Medbery was Tervel Dlagnev's work out partner......same as Snyder.

who knows...

Edited by stp

You can take it that way or that Medbery is as a stud who understands he's the underdog but still plans to compete. Medbery has size as his advantage. I'd say crazier upsets have happened but C.Med over K.Snyder may be tops.

They also have trained together extensively I'm assuming.

125:  Gilman wins easily.  No upset

133:  Gonna be Dyn-O-Mite!  Rooting for NaTo, but wouldn't be surprised if Clark wins.  I wouldn't call either an upset, but if Clark wins, it's a "minor" upset.

141:  Ashnault wins easily.

149:  Zain wins a controlled match.  IF Micah can get a couple TDs like last time, and avoid being turned, it could be "interesting".  Not calling an upset.

157:  Nolf wins with one leg and one arm tied behind his back... even against Kemmerer.

165:  UPSET ALERT:  Calling Massa over IMART...

174:  Calling Hall over BoJo.  Rooting for both guys actually to lay it on the line.  If Hall does win, it should be a "minor" upset.  If BoJo wins, it'll be "partially expected".

184:  MyMar over Brooks.  Holy Cow.  MyMar is our sports version of Reggie Jackson.  Instead of Mr. October, he's Mr. March!  :-)

197:  I think Pfarr wins, but wouldn't be surprised if Moore pulls off the minor upset here.

So... Massa over IMART is my pick for Upset of the Big 10 Finals.  Not sure if I'll get it, but, worth a try in making the pick!

Mr. March, I love it!

Yes, Medbury over Snyder would be a HUGE upset, but realistic terms:

Massa over IMar don't doubt it. Massa is a stud.

Hall over BoJo would be a big upset. BoJo after a slow start is looking FORMIDABLE. 

MiJo over Zain: seems unlikely, eh?

Gasca's been on fire, so I will throw him in. 

How likely are they with 1 being impossible, 10 being probably: Medbury (1), Mass (6), Hall (6), MiJo (3), Gasca (5)

I have a question about Medbery. How many times AA is he? I know he placed 4th a couple years ago, and didn't make it to NCAAs last year (assuming he took Olympic redshirt?).

Medberry was in very deep weight classes his 1st 3 seasons.  Was ranked highly every year, but went 2-2 the first 2 seasons until he finally broke through with the 4th place finish his Junior season.  Taking the Oly Redshirt and practicing exclusively with Dlagnev has definitely helped.  Snyder being at 285, however, doesn't!

Medberry was in very deep weight classes his 1st 3 seasons.  Was ranked highly every year, but went 2-2 the first 2 seasons until he finally broke through with the 4th place finish his Junior season.  Taking the Oly Redshirt and practicing exclusively with Dlagnev has definitely helped.  Snyder being at 285, however, doesn't!

I saw Medbery's interview. Seems like a great kid who realizes he's the underdog vs Snyder. Wish him the best, but I'm expecting a Snyder major.