Sign in to follow this  
Ih8tdahawkiz

Potential Seeds 125

No.  They were not counting past accomplishments in 2013.  However, Hamlin maxed out on just about every criterion used to evaluate the field.

Thanks.  I couldn't remember how far back that change was.  

Honestly it seems like they will do whatever they want case by case.  Precedent is a bit all over the place.

That would not be crazy for siriano to be unseeded 20 14 or 15 Delgado returning champ was banged up came in unseeded he also wrestled and placed fourth in the big Ten's

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I see I should have added another photo to my Suriano, et al gallery done earlier.

Siriano

a782a9d7216f85e1_christian-siriano.previ

I am really curious where Suriano ends up here. I suspect he'll end up on the bottom half either 3 or 6. Here's my stab at the top 8:

1) Gilman

2) Dance

3) Cruz

4) Lambert

5) Lizak

6) Suriano

7) Rodriguez

8) Piccininni

Makes sense. Flip 2 & 3 due to Cruz' head-to-head over Dance in late January.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see I should have added another photo to my Suriano, et al gallery done earlier.

Siriano

a782a9d7216f85e1_christian-siriano.previ

So I didn't proof read my voice text you got anything else to add to the real discussion?

No. They were not counting past accomplishments in 2013. However, Hamlin maxed out on just about every criterion used to evaluate the field.

Right, I don't see any mention of past accomplishments in the criteria listed on the 2013 link above. But why wouldn't Suriano come close to maxing out as well? The major difference being DNP at the qualifier vs a default out to 6th. Edited by gromit

That would not be crazy for siriano to be unseeded 20 14 or 15 Delgado returning champ was banged up came in unseeded he also wrestled and placed fourth in the big Ten's

Delgado missed a good chunk of the season his senior year I believe

Still he was a returning champ,he at least had been on the podium

He had a shoulder injury that required surgery but couldn't have surgery and compete. He lost a close controversial semi match to NaTo (else could've mff the finals) and had to beat Lambert to qualify with a 4th place mff. Then injured knee in NCAAs.

Still he was a returning champ,he at least had been on the podium

That was the first year they decided not to take prior results into account with seeding

He had a shoulder injury that required surgery but couldn't have surgery and compete. He lost a close controversial semi match to NaTo (else could've mff the finals) and had to beat Lambert to qualify with a 4th place mff. Then injured knee in NCAAs.

yes I remember

I dont know but I thought they didn't take injury default into consideration? I don't see how they put him outside of the top 3. He has no bad losses. The fact that he didn't wrestle at the Big Ten championship does not take away the wins hes had. He beat Cruz, Lambert, and Lizak, Rodriguez, and was winning against Picc until he hurt himself.

I dont know but I thought they didn't take injury default into consideration? I don't see how they put him outside of the top 3. He has no bad losses. The fact that he didn't wrestle at the Big Ten championship does not take away the wins hes had. He beat Cruz, Lambert, and Lizak, Rodriguez, and was winning against Picc until he hurt himself.

You are correct, he has no bad losses. However, the committee has stated in the past that they are trying to place more emphasis on the conference tournaments. Since he did not place in the conference tournament, that will be taken into consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by lu_alum

You are correct, he has no bad losses. However, the committee has stated in the past that they are trying to place more emphasis on the conference tournaments. Since he did not place in the conference tournament, that will be taken into consideration.

This also protects from people gaming the system.  If there is no penalty for Injury Defaulting, every guy that is banged up would have the option to do so.

Injury Defaults count as losses.  Med FFTs don't.  That's my understanding.

I am really curious where Suriano ends up here. I suspect he'll end up on the bottom half either 3 or 6. Here's my stab at the top 8:

1) Gilman

2) Cruz

3) Dance

4) Lambert

5) Lizak

6) Suriano

7) Rodriguez

8) Piccininni

**Edited due to head to head win v. Dance despite loss to lizak

I think if he is on the opposite side of Gilman then it wouldn't be unfair to both Gilman and Suriano; assuming that Suriano is close to healthy (big assumption).  I think Suriano should drop since he couldn't compete.  If he isn't close to healthy, then I am not sure if he can even AA. 

Injury Defaults count as losses.  Med FFTs don't.  That's my understanding.

Interesting fact:  Nick Suriano has three career losses, by a cumulative total of 1 point.

He's also currently riding a two-match losing streak.

Updated rankings for Suriano:

I-M:  6th

Track:  10th

Flo:  2nd

TOM:  2nd

Edited by lu_alum

Interesting fact:  Nick Suriano has three career losses, by a cumulative total of 1 point.

He's also currently riding a two-match losing streak.

Updated rankings for Suriano:

I-M:  6th

Track:  10th

Flo:  2nd

TOM:  2nd

It's 4 losses by 1 total point and a 3 match losing streak.

Edited by boconnell

Healthy he is probably the second or third best wrestler in the county at this weight. So taking his two losses (Gilman loss doesn't matter) and his non placement in the conference tournament and keep him on the bottom half of the bracket. Give him the 6,7,10 or 11 seed. Things will work themselves out about the same if he is injured or not.

Edited by unbiased

It's 4 losses by 1 total point and a 3 match losing streak.

The MFF in the consolation does not count on his ISRF.  He never took the mat.  Only loss at B1G was the INJ DEF in the opening round.

The TOM rankings show season records and current win/loss streaks:

http://news.theopenmat.com/college-rankings/ncaa-di-individual-college-wrestling-rankings-march-7-2017/62197

I-M has link to his season bout-by-bout, which also shows the MFF

http://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/wrestler/800354071

Edited by lu_alum

According to the NCAA tweet below, conf placement is still one of the lowest weighted criteria (10%) for at large selections. Is seeding criteria different?

https://twitter.com/ncaawrestling/status/839113672945434624

Edited by gromit

This is where I'm leaning now; to keep the

integrity of the conference tourney's you

HAVE to seed him as if he wrestled and

went 0-2. Otherwise, it makes it too

enticing to sit guys that may have

marginal injuries trying to preserve a

national seed. That being said, he has a

ton of good wins and could land anywhere

from 6-16