Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

The least talked about true threat to take a title

26-2 with losses to Lizak and Suriano. Wins over Dance, Jose Rodriguez, Terao x2, Youtsey, and Russell x2.

+1

Suriano being injured and corresponding seed drop makes #2/#3 seed for Cruz a possibility. Recall he had a solid win over Dance. If someone can knock off Gilman on the top half, Cruz could pull it off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think 141 is actually the easiest to seed top 8.

1.Heil

2.McKenna

3.Jack

4.Kolodzik

5.Ashnault

6.DiCamillo

7.Ward

8.Meredith

Now, after that, good luck!

Will they seed McKenna over Jack?  It's close, but Jack with more top ranked wins and a much older loss. 

Isnt Kemerer the answer here? I dont see it happening, but he seems to be a step above the field minus Nolf. I wouldnt be totally shocked if he doesnt make the finals either, but when you have one almost guarantee like Nolf it only takes one bad match, injury, move for that next best guy to become the favorite. 

Isnt Kemerer the answer here? I dont see it happening, but he seems to be a step above the field minus Nolf. I wouldnt be totally shocked if he doesnt make the finals either, but when you have one almost guarantee like Nolf it only takes one bad match, injury, move for that next best guy to become the favorite.

I wouldn't say step above the field, he barely got by Murphy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He's beaten all of those guys you mentioned. Nowhere did i guarantee he makes the finals nor would I even bet money on getting there, but over the course of the year he has shown he is the 2nd best wrestler. He has given Nolf his two "closest" matches all year as well which makes him a step above the other guys now. We will see if he can do it when it counts most. 

Yeah, Kemerer has looked great but has a one point win over Murphy, one point win over JoJo, two one point wins over Berger.  Favorite to be in the finals but not a lock by any means...

Eh.  The only one of those matches he was ever truly in danger of losing was against Berger, and it appears he'll be on the other side of the bracket.

He has 5 one point matches against four different guys not named Nolf, so I stand by "favorite to be in the finals but not a lock by any means" - doesn't mean he will or I'll pick someone else in the brackets, but it wouldn't shock me all that much. 

Eh. The only one of those matches he was ever truly in danger of losing was against Berger, and it appears he'll be on the other side of the bracket.

You're right needing a last second escape against murphy isn't in danger of losing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

+1

Suriano being injured and corresponding seed drop makes #2/#3 seed for Cruz a possibility. Recall he had a solid win over Dance. If someone can knock off Gilman on the top half, Cruz could pull it off.

Me, too.

Edited by lu_alum