Sign in to follow this  
treep2000

NCAA Matchups I REALLY wanna see...

By weight class, these are the matchups that I'd love to see!  Please share thoughts!

125:

* Gilman vs. Dance

Note:  I'm truly sorry, but there aren't many others that I really want to see here.  This is Gilman's to lose... so... all the other matchups are "less" exciting.

133:

* NaTo vs. Gross

* Clark vs. Gross

* NaTo vs. Brock

* Micic vs. Gross

Note:  Pretty much Gross vs. the field.

141: 

* Jack vs. D. Heil

* Jack vs. McKenna

* Jack vs. everyone

149: 

* Jordan vs. Mayes

* Jordan vs. Collica

157: 

* Nolf vs. whoever steps up

165: 

* Joseph vs. Valencia

* IJO vs. Valencia

* Valencia vs. Rogers

* Massa vs. Valencia

174: 

* Hall vs. Realbuto

* Any of the Top 6 vs. each other

184:

* Dean vs. whoever steps up

* Martin vs. Boyd

197: 

* Moore vs. Haught

* Moore vs. Cox

HWT: 

* Snyder vs. KASPER!  Boom!

* Snyder vs. Walz

* Kasper vs. Medbery

Thoughts?

By weight class, these are the matchups that I'd love to see!  Please share thoughts!

165: 

* Joseph vs. Valencia

* IJO vs. Valencia

* Valencia vs. Rogers

* Massa vs. Valencia

HWT: 

* Snyder vs. KASPER!  Boom!

* Snyder vs. Walz

* Kasper vs. Medbery

Thoughts?

Snyder would break Kasper in half maybe? I give Anthony a 1-3 record in those 4 proposed match ups. I think he beats Rogers, but none of the others. 

I can't imagine that even the Heil family is super fired up for a Dean Heil match.

just win baby, and he does. I appreciate/respect the heck out of him but yeah he's definitely not at the top of the must watch list.

Also for the OP, we've already seen Massa vs Valencia at Cliff Keen, it was a 17-4 dismantling.

Edited by Divided42

Anyone vs Dean Heil because they all have the chance to pull off an upset... And I hope any one of them does. I have wanted to see a Mayes/Sorenson for a while now. Gross/Clark would be fun as well with them being former team mates and all. I'll say Jack/Ashnault as well, especially with how their last match ended.

Anyone vs Dean Heil because they all have the chance to pull off an upset... And I hope any one of them does. I have wanted to see a Mayes/Sorenson for a while now. Gross/Clark would be fun as well with them being former team mates and all. I'll say Jack/Ashnault as well, especially with how their last match ended.

Two guys who have a punchers chance. 

Edited by TBar1977

Anyone vs Dean Heil because they all have the chance to pull off an upset... And I hope any one of them does.

But are you really certain you want to put yourself thru that much pain, 35+ minutes!?

That's like spending the entire day December 30th watching the Times Square ball just hoping you will be the first to see it drop.

The knocks on Heil are hilarious.  

He just took Meredith down 4 times.  I doubt anyone has done that in the last 2 seasons.  He scored plenty of points in last season's NCAAs (won by 3,3,5,5,1).  I understand people rooting against him because he wrestles a style you don't like and you want to see him pay for the funk he gets away with, but he is far from boring and scores plenty of points.  We're not talking about a guy who tries to win on RT.   

The knocks on Heil are hilarious.

He just took Meredith down 4 times. I doubt anyone has done that in the last 2 seasons. He scored plenty of points in last season's NCAAs (won by 3,3,5,5,1). I understand people rooting against him because he wrestles a style you don't like and you want to see him pay for the funk he gets away with, but he is far from boring and scores plenty of points. We're not talking about a guy who tries to win on RT.

Heil and Isaac jordan are the most boring relevant wrestlers easily.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think 141 Eierman vs Meredith would be a fun match to watch. Also 149 Zain vs Mayes would be interesting to see just because it hasn't happened yet and Zain has beaten everyone else

I still would like to see  Nickal/Dean.  Perhaps Nickl's loss was a good wakeup call?  Perhaps Nickal will be back and forth with Martin?  It'll be interesting.

Mass/Joseph would be fun to watch. 

I would also like to see a rematch of Nato/Clark.

A rematch of Snyder/Medberry may be an interesting Final in a few weeks.