Sign in to follow this  
Ih8tdahawkiz

Potential Seeds 197

Moore has the better win with the recent victory over Pfarr but Haught only has 2 losses (Cox and Pfarr) and some nice wins over Smith, Studebaker etc.  Does Moore automatically get the bump over Haught with the Pfarr victory?

Edited by HokieFan

Conference tournaments shook this one up a little bit. I may be off here but here's my guess

1) Cox Mizz

2) Moore OhSt

3) Pfarr Minn

4) Haught VT

5) McCutcheon PSU

6) Weigel OkSt

7) Smith WVU

8) Studebaker Neb

Didn't you watch the Big12 finals?

Moore has the better win with the recent victory over Pfarr but Haught only has 2 losses (Cox and Pfarr) and some nice wins over Smith, Studebaker etc.  Does Moore automatically get the bump over Haught with the Pfarr victory?

I do think Moore does gets the bump over Haught with the win over Pfarr at BIG. 

Moore has now beaten Pfarr, Haught hasn't.

1. Cox

2. Pfarr (2-1 vs Moore ; MD vs Haught)

3. Moore

4. Haught

Shaping up to be some great Quarters & Semi's.

Conference tournaments shook this one up a little bit. I may be off here but here's my guess

1) Cox Mizz

2) Moore OhSt

3) Pfarr Minn

4) Haught VT

5) McCutcheon PSU

6) Weigel OkSt

7) Smith WVU

8) Studebaker Neb

2 and 3 could switch, but I don't see it as a big deal. 

Is there any consensus how that Moore/Pfarr scenario usually gets seeded? Having a 2-1 head to head advantage but the one loss was your last match? Probably not a huge deal for these two but I agree, Haught seems like the loser here and all he did was win his conference.

Does Beazley from ODU have a shot of sneaking in that top 8 seeds?

Really don't think so.  He has wins over Mattice and Harner, but Harner has not had a very good season.  He also has loses to #18 and #20 according to intermat.

Doesnt it slightly help Ohio State, Oklahoma State, and PSU equally?

No.

PSU has a fringe AA candidate. Smith being injured removes another obstacle from Cutch scoring 2 points to 8+

OSU and tOSU were likely to beat him if they faced him, so it doesn't matter nearly as much of them.

No.

PSU has a fringe AA candidate. Smith being injured removes another obstacle from Cutch scoring 2 points to 8+

OSU and tOSU were likely to beat him if they faced him, so it doesn't matter nearly as much of them.

How close are the projected seedings at the top of this thread going to be because Smith is listed below all 3 in those. 

How close are the projected seedings at the top of this thread going to be because Smith is listed below all 3 in those. 

I'm saying who I think beats who, seeding aside. Obviously seeding impacts who matches up, but I don't think Cutch would've beaten Smith. He now has one less person to get through.

He won't beat Moore, Jden, Pfarr, or Haught.   I dont think he beats Weigel, Rotert or Smith. With Smith gone, he likely only needs one or two toss ups to go his way to AA. Big advantage. 

I'm saying who I think beats who, seeding aside. Obviously seeding impacts who matches up, but I don't think Cutch would've beaten Smith. He now has one less person to get through.

He won't beat Moore, Jden, Pfarr, or Haught.   I dont think he beats Weigel, Rotert or Smith. With Smith gone, he likely only needs one or two toss ups to go his way to AA. Big advantage.

I thought McCutcheon beat Weigel in the dual.