Sign in to follow this  
Ih8tdahawkiz

Potential Seeds 197

He already beat Weigel once. I think he can do it again.

Weigel was just coming back from injury and gave up a third period takedown in the dual in Stillwater.  I would bet on Weigel in a rematch.  Weigel majored Rotert in the semi finals at the Big 12 (He missed him in the dual due to the injury).  Smith of West Virginia injury defaulted on the takedown in the first period of his finals match with Weigel.  The takedown was a done deal, but Smith went to the back in intense pain.

In the Big 12 Weigel, Joseph Smith, and Austin Schafer looked like they were well and wrestling better than they had all season.  They all three have been injured through the last half of the season taking many matches off.  I think all three got bonus points in every match of the tournament.

Still I think it is a tall order for OK State to finish above the other two teams unless they wrestle to seed and just beat the guys that are ranked lower than them.

He did. I am picking Weigel in the rematch.

This is an opinion, not a seeding statement.

No disrespect to Cutch, but Weigel was not 100% and he looked amazing at Big 12s.

As a Minny (Pfarr) fan, Weigel concerns me to a greater extent than a rematch with Moore. Weigel can dominate from top position and is hard to take down. He is also large! Edited by WrestlingFan89

As a Minny (Pfarr) fan, Weigel concerns me to a greater extent than a rematch with Moore. Weigel can dominate from top position and is hard to take down. He is also large!

Interesting. Pfarr is amazing, don't get me wrong, but he wins in the scramble positions and Moore beat him in those positions at Big 10s. 

It wouldn't be shocking to see Pfarr win the rematch (in the semis I hope...) but I am far more concerned with Moore, a freshman, getting stuck underneath Weigel.

Weigel came out of nowhere. He was a complete non factor last season.

Interesting. Pfarr is amazing, don't get me wrong, but he wins in the scramble positions and Moore beat him in those positions at Big 10s. 

It wouldn't be shocking to see Pfarr win the rematch (in the semis I hope...) but I am far more concerned with Moore, a freshman, getting stuck underneath Weigel.

Weigel came out of nowhere. He was a complete non factor last season.

He was round of 12 last year.