bigtenfan

NCAA Team Race

I think tOSU just got dealt a losing hand with Micah having to go through Sorensen again and then Zain in the semis. And Martin having to try his luck against brooks in the quarters. I haven't had a chance to look through the whole bracket but those are two bad seeds for tOSU (not unjustified, just rough draws).

Moore vs. Weigel in the quarters is also a matchup that I don't like for them. I think Clark has probably the best chance out of anyone to take out Nato, and that will happen in the semis.  Pletcher has a decent road at 141 though in the wresltebacks after he loses to Ashnault.  

Of course, anything can happen once things start next Thursday, but based on the draw even with an 0-2 Suriano I view PSU as the favorite. With a healthy Suriano it's not close.  Ok State is the wild card though, since there is so much variability with their possible scoring.   

Edited by Billyhoyle

Clark has beaten him once before 2-0 if I recall correctly.

It was a verrrrrrry close match that included a reversal situation that could have easily swung it in Micic's favor. Rematch will be tight but Clark is a gamer and maybe his shoulder has improved since the first matchup was one of his first matches back from injury. Or maybe it's gotten worse. I have no idea.

Edited by PA Power

It was a verrrrrrry close match that included a reversal situation that could have easily swung it in Micic's favor. Rematch will be tight but Clark is a gamer and maybe his shoulder has improved since the first matchup was one of his first matches back from injury. Or maybe it's gotten worse. I have no idea.

I hope he wins because I want to see him get a shot at NATO again.

Moore vs. Weigel in the quarters is also a matchup that I don't like for them. I think Clark has probably the best chance out of anyone to take out Nato, and that will happen in the semis.  Pletcher has a decent road at 141 though in the wresltebacks after he loses to Ashnault.  

Of course, anything can happen once things start next Thursday, but based on the draw even with an 0-2 Suriano I view PSU as the favorite. With a healthy Suriano it's not close.  Ok State is the wild card though, since there is so much variability with their possible scoring.   

Moore v Weigel is very interesting.  Weigel is crazy good on top and may be hard for a freshman to handle so bad draw for Moore in a way.  But Moore is awesome on his feet and may never even be under in that match so bad draw for Weigel.  All in a very weak weight with the winner possibly determining the team race.  

He may be, but Gross and Brock are very good as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think Tomasello matches up very well with Brock and Gross. He can match Brock in TDs and is better than Gross in TDs. With Gross, he needs to be careful on the mat, but even if he gets the piss ridden out of him, I think Tomasello is at least two TDs better than Gross.

I see Clark as most likely to beat Tomasello and am leaning towards Clark beating him with the added two weeks of rest for his shoulder.

I think Ohio state could be knocking on door.

Tomasello, Jordan, Snyder , Moore, make finals should be in team race. Mymartin and. M Jordan must AA as well.

Psu lost cortez, Guilibon has bad draw, Suriano injury? Comes to Nevilles, Mcutcheon, and Hall how do they score.

Ok state need cutch, picci, rogers. These guys have to find points in wrestle backs or upset someone.

Iowa no luck on draw Sorenson and Clark DOA my opinion

Frank C

Leaning Ohio State

Edited by cangemi

Key to team race is Suriano.  PSU wins BT's if he's healthy.  They'll probably win NCAA's if he's ready to go.  Otherwise, it's PSU, Ohio State and Okie State in no particular order.  Okie State has numbers.  PSU and Ohio State have the studs.  

I think tOSU just got dealt a losing hand with Micah having to go through Sorensen again and then Zain in the semis. And Martin having to try his luck against brooks in the quarters. I haven't had a chance to look through the whole bracket but those are two bad seeds for tOSU (not unjustified, just rough draws).

I think this honestly gives Micah a clear shot at the third place match in a weird way.

As for Martin, he can beat Brooks. He can beat anyone just not sure which Myles we will see. Brooks has been great recently too but, I won't put anything past these Myles after some of the performances he has delivered.

I've stated this in another thread I believe, but the loser of the Micah/Sorenson match will almost certainly have Lugo in the wrestlebacks with the loser dropping to the 7th place match. Not a place either guy wants to be considering Sorenson lost to him and Micah was losing before hitting a nearside cradle and picking up back points for a W.

As for Martin, he can beat Brooks. He can beat anyone just not sure which Myles we will see.

I'd say he can beat almost anyone. If he wrestled out of his mind, I could see him beating Brooks. If he wrestles even better, the math of his life, he would still lose to Dean by a bunch.

Strategically Micah's ceiling here is 3rd place. Knowing this, the last thing I want to see is he facing Retherford I'm the semis. Not only does he get beat down again, but his path to third then has he ha ing to beat Sorenson for the third time in a row and second time in the NCAA tourney, both in quarters and again after Sorenson loses to Retherford in the semis. If I'm playing the odds, I think Micah has a much better chance of splitting the next 2 matches with Sorenson versus taking a clean sweep. So I almost prefer he lose to Sorenson in the quarters, avoid getting pounded by Retherford altogether (let Sorenson), then avenge the Sorenson loss in the wrestlebacks to face whoever Collica likely beats in the semis in the opposite bracket. This is Micah's clear, best path to 3rd IMO.

I'd say he can beat almost anyone. If he wrestled out of his mind, I could see him beating Brooks. If he wrestles even better, the math of his life, he would still lose to Dean by a bunch.

Is 10-5 a bunch? Not being sarcastic, just curious.