Sign in to follow this  
cangemi

New York wrestlers

Even though I live in Pittsburgh 30 years . I think we all think of our hometown where we grew up and wrestled as home. For me that was Long Island.

Question is who are the New York wrestlers in Tournament ? Can someone help me?

Thanks,

Frank C.

Piccinnini -- In Gilmans bracket also very tough second round. He wins second round I think he will end up Terao

to become AA

Reabulto - looks good to me where he is positioned

Palacio -Murphy no easy out -Kemmer Quarters - well he wants make finals here is his chance, Murphy , Kemmer,

Joe-Joe I have a lot of faith in this kid , he will show up.

???

Edited by cangemi

Mike D'angelo 157 for Princeton

Youssiff Hemida HWT for Maryland

Don't know how some would feel about this but Jose Rodriguez started his wrestling career in NY and took 2nd in the state as a freshman

Sam speno 149 for NC State

Steven Schneider 184 for Binghamton

All of these guys are all from New York as well competing next weekend.

Here are all of them Per Flo:

New York (11)

RFr. Nick Piccininni (Oklahoma State)

Sr. Dylan Caruana (Binghamton)

So. Bryan Lantry (Buffalo)

Sr. Sam Speno (NC State)

So. Mike D'Angelo (Princeton)

Sr. Dylan Palacio (Cornell)

Sr. Brian Realbuto (Cornell)

Jr. Steve Schneider (Binghamton)

So. Ben Honis (Cornell)

Sr. Jacob Berkowitz (Northwestern)

So. Youssif Hemida (Maryland)

Even though I live in Pittsburgh 30 years . I think we all think of our hometown where we grew up and wrestled as home. For me that was Long Island.

Question is who are the New York wrestlers in Tournament ? Can someone help me?

Thanks,

Frank C.

Piccinnini -- In Gilmans bracket also very tough second round. He wins second round I think he will end up Terao

to become AA

Reabulto - looks good to me where he is positioned

Palacio -Murphy no easy out -Kemmer Quarters - well he wants make finals here is his chance, Murphy , Kemmer,

Joe-Joe I have a lot of faith in this kid , he will show up.

???

Back in the seventies New York was a hotbed especially Long Island and parts of upstate. The quality of wrestling has gone down significantly.

Go wrestle, I wrestled in 70s in Long Island , you think it went down? Or did the country just caught up?  You didnt have kids from Florida

ect in nationals.

The nationals would have about 8-10 kids from Long Island every year to follow, now the state does not have that many?

Frank C

Edited by cangemi

Go wrestle, I wrestled in 70s in Long Island , you think it went down? Or did the country just caught up? You didnt have kids from Florida

ect in nationals.

The nationals would have about 8-10 kids from Long Island every year to follow, now the state does not have that many?

Frank C

I would agree that other states have caught up but states like New Jersey have surpassed the Empire State. I remember around 1974 Coach Dan Gable traveled to Long Island and visited Steve Hunt at his home. Those days are over. The way things are going, Florida and Texas will be leaving New York behind.

Is Kennedy-Bellmore still a High School?  Do they still have a good wrestling program?   I remember back when Hunt was in HS they were the best.  

I wrestled at Bellmore Kennedy class of 2010... mepham kennedy and calhoun are still producing great wrestlers, but i would consider all three program in the second tier of nassau county wrestling... programs like Long Beach Wantagh Farmingdale Massapequa ( and several others) are really the top tier of nassau county wrestling

All them schools started with Sprig Gardner  as coach, many coaches came from originaly being coached by him. Eastern Long Island I think Protege's Leggio,Campo,  Giani, Picozzi, Mahoney just name a few.

Go wrestle is correct in that the big schools Iowa State, Iowa, Oklohoma where pulling Long Island Kids

Frank C

I think they will get a bump

With Busilleo, Gissender, Yanni,

Perez, and Vito over next few years as a core group .

Wish shakur was not at PSU, but wish kid well.

Will see

Edited by cangemi

I think they will get a bump

With Busilleo, Gissender, Yanni,

Perez, and Vito over next few years as a core group .

Wish shakur was not at PSU, but wish kid well.

Will see

Busiello already peaked, will never see the mat as a Nittany Lion.  Yianni if injury free and Vito legit.  The rest might be qualifiers

Go wrestle, I wrestled in 70s in Long Island , you think it went down? Or did the country just caught up?  You didnt have kids from Florida

ect in nationals.

Frank C

Frank, are/were you one of those L-40 soldiers Dylan often speaks of?  And what exactly is an L-40 soldier anyway?

(I might want to join up if they take Tennessee hillbillies.)