Sign in to follow this  
Eagle26

Worst seed jobs

Were there any seeds that the seeding committee really screwed up this year? There's usually at least one or two but nothing jumped out at me at first glance. Personally, I'm surprised they had Palacio that high based on their past practice, but I do think he deserves it. Thoughts?

Edited by Eagle26

I feel bad for Brock Zacherl,  three losses on the year and all to ranked guys.  So, no really bad losses and gets stuck with the defending champ.  Not sure if he was necessarily seed worthy but that is a bad draw for someone who could do some damage.

I feel bad for Brock Zacherl,  three losses on the year and all to ranked guys.  So, no really bad losses and gets stuck with the defending champ.  Not sure if he was necessarily seed worthy but that is a bad draw for someone who could do some damage.

Yes, but losing to unseeded Ronnie Perry at EWLs really hurt him. I think they place a big emphasis on conference finish. Oddly, Perry gets stuck with the #2 seed so it was a bad draw for the EWL all around!

Were there any seeds that the seeding committee really screwed up this year? There's usually at least one or two but nothing jumped out at me at first glance. Personally, I'm surprised they had Palicio that high based on their past practice, but I do think he deserves it. Thoughts?

Upper half of 133 - all the top 4 Big Ten guys in the same half including a NCAA Champ, a runner-up, and a 4th place finisher Tomasello #1 seed, Clark #4 Seed, Richards #8 seed, and Micic #5 seed and that is 4 of the top 6 ranked guys. I would like to understand what was the committee thinking?  Gross is having an awesome year and probably deserves the #2 seed, but he did lose to Montoya (Nebraska) at Midlands in the finals.

But come on, that top half could go 1-4 on any given year, and has wrestled each other all season in Vegas, Midlands, Duals, Big Ten Tourney, and these guys ducked no one.  They get each other in the quarters, and then those losers get each other in the round of 8 wrestleback. 

Those guys earned it, and it's like the Big Ten's did not matter. I would have liked to have seen at least one of those guys if not 2 (+ move Montoya to that side), to balance it out.  They should have also put Montoya in the other half of the semi-final bracket against Kaid Brock in the quarters. Would have liked to see Gross go through at least 2 top 5 Big Ten guys. He and Micic would have been a good match.  

Huge Palacio fan here but not counting last year's accomplishments he's 5 and 0 at 157 and won his conference. Was that enough to warrant a 7 seed?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

that might be considered a gift but I'd have to look over who was in that eiwa bracket

Brick housey

Not sure but got to take it, he still has Murphy, and Kemmer. But that sure as he'll better then being near Nolf.

Ill take this, If comes to Kemmer will be must see and Kemmer needs to watch the scramble here. Dylan can cause nightmares in scramble.

Frank C

Edited by cangemi

Brick housey

Not sure but got to take it, he still has Murphy, and Kenner. But that sure as he'll better then being near Nolf.

Ill take this, If comes to Kemmer will be must see and Kenner needs to watch the scramble here.

Frank C

I'm very pleased with him being away from nolf because I think he has what it takes to make the finals. Murphy took him out last year so that's a con but if he makes it to Kemmerer it should be fireworks.

Brick housey

Not sure but got to take it, he still has Murphy, and Kemmer. But that sure as he'll better then being near Nolf.

Ill take this, If comes to Kemmer will be must see and Kemmer needs to watch the scramble here. Dylan can cause nightmares in scramble.

Frank C

Tonto, I agree he got a good draw. I could see him in the finals if he wrestles to his ability and doesn't get too wild with Kemmerer, who is also a very good scrambler. That match, if Palacio gets that far, will be one of the best semis matches.

Tonto, I agree he got a good draw. I could see him in the finals if he wrestles to his ability and doesn't get too wild with Kemmerer, who is also a very good scrambler. That match, if Palacio gets that far, will be one of the best semis matches.

It's a quarter, even better

133 was poorly constructed--period.  It's really favorable to Gross and Brock.  If you're Okie State, you love the draw.  

It's not poorly constructed.  That's what happens when Brock beats Clark and Clark doesn't have any notable win outside of the Big 10.  It puts Brock and Gross ahead of all the Big 10 guys except Nato.

It's not poorly constructed. That's what happens when Brock beats Clark and Clark doesn't have any notable win outside of the Big 10. It puts Brock and Gross ahead of all the Big 10 guys except Nato.

I hope Clark and Gross get to wrestle each other for 1st or 3rd.

Bo--let's look at the likely quarter matchups.

Nate v Richards

Micic v Clark

Brock v Forys

Montoya v Gross

I don't know a lot about Forys but if you swapped his spot with Richards, the draws would look a lot more even.  Having said that, we all know that brackets often play out differently than expected.