Sign in to follow this  
AcSlater

Sleepers

Not predicting this, but...

Jose Rodriguez. If he manages to beat Terao, he faces Lizak most likely, who he is 1-1 against. Next round the best guy he could face is Freddie Rodriguez, assuming Suriano doesn't magically heal.

That puts Jose in the semis. He will then lose to everyone, but still AA

Edited by Housebuye

Jose Rodriguez. If he manages to beat Terao, he faces Lizak most likely, who he is 1-1 against. Next round the best guy he could face is Freddie Rodriguez, assuming Suriano doesn't magically heal.

That outside Jose in the semis. He will then lose to everyone, but still AA

I like it!!!

I'm rooting for Nathan Kraisser of Campbell to sneak into the podium. He is inconsistent but has good skills and good size. If he can survive long enough and fill up after the last weigh-ins, he could be dangerous. He's followed Kolat around for a long time and it would be great to see him go out an AA. He's done after this year.

I'm rooting for Nathan Kraisser of Campbell to sneak into the podium. He is inconsistent but has good skills and good size. If he can survive long enough and fill up after the last weigh-ins, he could be dangerous. He's followed Kolat around for a long time and it would be great to see him go out an AA. He's done after this year.

And just think... if he would have simply held that cradle (instead of trying to adjust to get the WBF) in the QF against Delgado as a true FR, he'd be an AA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's true he split with Lizak, but Lizak's win was 16-0 four days ago.

Jose seems so inconsistent you just don't know how he'll wrestle. Is it gonna be the Jose who almost beat dance or is it gonna be Jose who seems lost out there?

Some seeds 10 and below who I think could create some damage:

125: Fausz, Terao 
133: Mckee

141: Meredith
149: Bleise

157: Clagon, Atkinson, Rahmani
165: Matthews, Hughes
174: Lujan
184: Gravina
197: Griego, Harner, Correnti

285: Haines, Miller, Larson

Also there seemed to be something obviously wrong with Litzak against Gilman and Jose R.  It appears that EL has recovered and didn't show any sign of dying in the 2nd & 3rd periods at B10s like he had in those matches.

Also there seemed to be something obviously wrong with Litzak against Gilman and Jose R.  It appears that EL has recovered and didn't show any sign of dying in the 2nd & 3rd periods at B10s like he had in those matches.

Not the case vs. Youtsey. Could still have trouble early in the tournament.

Weigel will be taken down 5+ times after facing Moore and Moore will take neutral his turn. Weigel is the better mat wrestler but OSU coaches won't allow the match to go there. Moore is ELITE on his feet and with s motor at 197. Training with Snyder and Myles Martin and Bo Jordan every day doesn't hurt either.

Weigel will be taken down 5+ times after facing Moore and Moore will take neutral his turn. Weigel is the better mat wrestler but OSU coaches won't allow the match to go there. Moore is ELITE on his feet and with s motor at 197. Training with Snyder and Myles Martin and Bo Jordan every day doesn't hurt either.

I wouldn't put it past the coaches to have Moore go bottom. They had Micah go bottom on Cruz last year in the blood rd after he just got ridden and knowing bottom wasn't his strength

I wouldn't put it past the coaches to have Moore go bottom. They had Micah go bottom on Cruz last year in the blood rd after he just got ridden and knowing bottom wasn't his strength

They better not. Moore is better than Micah on bottom, but why take that risk? He is superior to everyone on the feet, besides J'den. 

I had a similar series of thoughts...and it reminds me a little bit of MyMar last year - maybe not my by seeds and such, but a plausible path until the semis. Rodriguez has put some really good guys in danger, but we haven't seen that for awhile. 

I had a similar series of thoughts...and it reminds me a little bit of MyMar last year - maybe not my by seeds and such, but a plausible path until the semis. Rodriguez has put some really good guys in danger, but we haven't seen that for awhile.

Rodriguez will be one of the best morning session draws and one of the worst late session draws. He may be the largest 125 lber at the tournament. If he can survive the morning sessions after a brutal cut, he could do serous damage later in the day.

There is a massive gulf between who Myles was last year heading into the tournament, and who Jose has been throughout the second half of the season.  

I picked Moore in my bracket because I think he is just that good.

Regarding Weigel though...At this point everyone knows who he is.  I doubt anyone goes underneath him in the entire NCAAs.  He is that good on top.  What he did from top to Rotert at Big 12 was impressive.  I think Weigel may counter nobody going under him by starting to pick top.  Especially if his choice comes in the 3rd period.  You don't give up much by going top if the other guy goes neutral.  So while I think Moore is the superior wrestler, I could see a scenario where Moore scores 3 TDs and gives up 3 escapes, and Weigel scores a cross wrist tilt for 4 points.  Add it up to a 7-6 win for Weigel and an embarrassment for folkstyle scoring.  Takedowns really need to be 3 points.  

Rahmani of Pittsburgh, unseeded,acc champ.

Heffernan/ream/lavallee.

Yeah, loved that roll for backpoints in the final vs Mastriani!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Here it is: