Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Freshman 2017

That's a large group of very elite talent - ranking them in terms of overall skill would be difficult but I would guess something like:

1. Zahid

2. Massa

3. Hall

4. Suriano

5. Moore

6. Kemmerer

Granted, two of the 6 are true freshman as well...

Hall continues to get much love.

Has 3 losses. I'm wondering when the hype will cool. I admit, I was one of the folks that was doing the hype. And he is obviously amazing. But his recent losses have caused me to pause. Bo Jordan had a blah performance at Big 10s, doesn't look like phenomenal. Yet still beat Hall.

We shall see.

Has 3 losses. I'm wondering when the hype will cool. I admit, I was one of the folks that was doing the hype. And he is obviously amazing. But his recent losses have caused me to pause. Bo Jordan had a blah performance at Big 10s, doesn't look like phenomenal. Yet still beat Hall.

We shall see.

Jordan had a bad match early, but was great against Amine.

I'm with you, nom. I thought Hall would be a champ as soon as he made Cruthmer look average at the Scuffle. I have been forced to walk back my assessment of Hall since then, and I now think he is quite unlikely to win. I thought his excellence from the feet would more than offset his mat weakness, but that just hasn't been the case. He is one of the most skilled TD true freshmen I've ever seen, though; I still maintain that.

We shall see.

I agree with this. The thing that is unique to his situation is that he didn't redshirt. Imagine Nolf, Nickal or Massa straight out of high school in similar matches like Hall has been in. I don't think they would have done as well. Hall is taking his lumps and may continue to. He will then have the off season to work with his coaches to form his game plan and get bigger. 

We have a number of freshman all of whom have some chance of winning the big one, some much more than others:

Suriano

Kemerer 

Massa

Zahid

Hall

Moore

How many freshman will win NCAAs this year (over/under) and how do you rank 'em?

I guess one with Zahid.  Suriano and Hall should be distinguished as True Freshmen.  As for rank:

1. Valencia

2. Moore

3. Hall

4. Kemmerer

5 Massa

6. Joseph

7. Suriano

We shall see.

Hall is very talented but also very undersized.  Like all of his three losses, he was ahead with Jordan but gassed due to size.  Once the 3rd period hit with Hall. I knew he was done.  Cael was actually smart to pick Neutral in the 3rd.  Still, if Hall gets on a roll...This said, Valencia!

Bo Jordan is also huge and you could tell hall felt that weight difference in OT. I'm a big bojo fan but I think his size was the deciding factor in that match.

I agree since I think Hall is the more skilled wrestler. 

I'm with you, nom. I thought Hall would be a champ as soon as he made Cruthmer look average at the Scuffle. I have been forced to walk back my assessment of Hall since then, and I now think he is quite unlikely to win. I thought his excellence from the feet would more than offset his mat weakness, but that just hasn't been the case. He is one of the most skilled TD true freshmen I've ever seen, though; I still maintain that.

I really think it is his gas tank.