Sign in to follow this  
brickhousey

Murphy

Why, Nolf is still going to win and Kemerer is still going to take second.

I think Palacio could be a problem for Kemmerer if he gets to the quarters. He is going to be one of the largest if not the largest 157s by the late afternoon/evening session and he is the most unorthodox wrestler in the tournament. The combination of size and scrambling and big-move ability is very dangerous and something Kemmerer will face for the first time. Kemmerer tends to be more of a clingy TD wrestler than a clean, powerful finisher, perfect for Palacio's style.

I think Palacio could be a problem for Kemmerer if he gets to the quarters. He is going to be one of the largest if not the largest 157s by the late afternoon/evening session and he is the most unorthodox wrestler in the tournament. The combination of size and scrambling and big-move ability is very dangerous and something Kemmerer will face for the first time. Kemmerer tends to be more of a clingy TD wrestler than a clean, powerful finisher, perfect for Palacio's style.

Quarters are Friday morning.

NC State Bullard can't be happy either.

Yeah, but he will likely have winnable matches in the first two wrestle backs. Then it will be Hefferman or Palacio. He could beat Hefferman maybe? Then he will probably have a much tougher match...he would have to win 4 in a row to AA. I think he wins 2 of those, maybe 3. 

Sorry to see this happen but both him and his coaches are to be congratulated for doing it and giving another wrestler a chance at the tournament.

We often see wrestlers who know there is no real chance they will be healthy enough to actually wrestle who don't withdraw.

A tough decision on his part but one that shows maturity as well as consideration for others. Hope the injury heals well and he does not suffer lifelong problems from it.

Sorry to see this happen but both him and his coaches are to be congratulated for doing it and giving another wrestler a chance at the tournament.

We often see wrestlers who know there is no real chance they will be healthy enough to actually wrestle who don't withdraw.

A tough decision on his part but one that shows maturity as well as consideration for others. Hope the injury heals well and he does not suffer lifelong problems from it.

Very good point. They should get credit for this.

It's official, wonder what happened there. My sleeper (rahmani) got the raw end of the deal..

Murphy twisted his knee sunday in a scramble. in  the 3rd place match. Twisted like Jackson of Indiana. I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson doesn't pull out. He is really hobbled.

That's too bad for Murphy, not the way you want to end your career. 

I don't think he even took a RS year.  Never a State Champion in Illinois, but wrestled like one in college.